TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I usually find it tolerable but that last ride sucked...it must have been the wheel seat. Not to mention I had lotion all over my seat and I locked my restraint down before I noticed. It just felt really weird...my heart was moving in ways it shouldn't have due to the vibrations. But what do you know, Mike and Jahan had fun and they were one seat behind me.

^^

Thats not a shop.That is located in gotham city park aka batmans overflow line.The part many guest dont get to see much of anymore.

Great update jahan

keep up all theawesome work.

oh ya im the one that got tha air conditioner,lights and elevator back in service at riddlers.

~Chr!s-O

Oh Jahan...that Cell Phone picture is NOTHING!!!

I have a much better story from today, although I didn't have my camera.

I was taking Giovanni to ride Canyon Blaster, the rideop loaded all of the children in, sent the ride off...and proceeded to start talking on his cell phone!!

We're not even talking about the typical SFMM Employee checking text messages, or texting a friend real fast. This guy was ON the phone talking away. The train comes back in the station and the kids start yelling to go again (they usually send it twice unless someone wants off).

Here's where it gets awesome...

The ride op STILL ON THE PHONE dispatches the ride with his ELBOW so he can continue to chat!!!!

OMG!!!

I'm sorry, but this is not safe, especially on a childrens ride. I don't understand how SFMM can't crack down on the employee cell phone use. It's disgraceful.

My favorite is when they're jibbering on the cell phone in spanish while you are trying to buy some food from them. But that was not at SFMM. But agreed, why can't the people who are suppose to be in charge actually take charge?

And as far as Psyclone is concerned, some lighter weight trains (IE Millennium Flyers) would do the track some good. Maybe in the future.

The junkyard, thanks to Microsoft Live Local or whatever it’s called.

For those who don’t know, there has been a junkyard behind Psyclone for quite some time now. When I worked at the park, I would frequently take a walk among the junk as I was totally fascinated by what history hid itself among the piles of useless crap back there. Old metro trains, pieces of coaster track, old signage and ticket booths, logs, boats, wheels—even a few X seats at one time. And like at any museum, I had a policy of “look, don’t touch”, but I must admit that it felt more like a playground for me than a museum. But for some reason, nearly all of the crap has been removed!

Yeah, when we went on the 27th, we were riding Psyclone, and we saw all of those circular things that to me almost looked like footers. My friend thought there was a ride going in there. I think it's a bit too soon after Tatsu, but if it's a new ride, I'm no complaining. Could it also be possible that Six Flags is cleaning up in preparation for a possible new owner? They could be transferring it over to a different park, so they can keep them, and if a new owner comes in, make it easier. I don't know, just a throwing that out there.

~Mike

The clean up is because SFMM is giving back the land to Newhall Land and farm. They are apparently goint to build a well.

Do you actually know this for fact?

That seems liek an awfully random thing to do...

yes.

The opening park ceremony will not be back until Memorial Day Weekend, so park opening was quiet and uneventful.

a few pictures from 1-1-06:

IMG_3346.JPG.00a68f38308b81723e2706de5ab6dbaa.JPG

...and the secret ingredient of every SFMM Photo TR.

I actually had to be sneaky. (This is from the side window of the same "B" rated Lemonade stand.)

IMG_3347.JPG.0604ac0c34b30fe717f97c96d7102d97.JPG

Fresher's Lemonade building between The Palace Arcade and the Looney Tunes Pavilion Theater by the waterfall.

IMG_3340.JPG.898a51ccb6820ebdd79562fe51961914.JPG

Maps and info at the register of the Six Flags Plaza Popcorn cart. The Disney equivalent to the Info board on Main Street?

IMG_3339.JPG.daebc53db1bc35ffd251591dad42b857.JPG

A closed photo location. The first of the year means a change in the vendor for the front gate photographers. The ride photos are owned by Kodak, the front gate was a different vendor. All the employees who worked main gate either had to interview with Ko

you guys think the ride on the psyclone is a little rough ? but did you know that area its sitting on used be a pond all they did when they built it was fill the area with gravel and poor the footers after the gravel settled and over the last 10 years the ride has been sinking so now it seems the mechanics are finally going to shore the structure up. Your all wondering how i know all this i have family that worked in opts and administration over there i give the park a A++ for finally fixing a mistake the engineers made when they built the ride.

I highly doubt this is the norm, but twice while working at the park I had to get on my cell phone and place calls to Magic Mountain. When I was working up on Summit there were two seperate times where somebody couldn't take the hill, and seeing as how I was denied a radio each time I asked, I ended up just using my cell phone to call for help. Otherwise the only time I would be on my phone was backstage out of sight from guests.

I have not fully followed these Magic Mountain Updates and I don't plan on reading all 59 pages. So I just wanted to know whats going on with Flashback and X. I have been out of the "know" on Magic Mountain for awhile and I heard X has been closed for awhile. Anyone care on filling me in?

Thanks

^ Last August, X's lift hill's gearbox basically blew up. They didn't even begin to work on it for at least a month, as this was when the budget was REALLY tight. Anyway, the manufacturing process and everything on this particular component has supposivly taken a long time. I have been told that the part is now in, but still hasn't been installed. They hope to have the ride open by mid-January, but I'd say late-January.

Flashback...its dead.

-Jahan

^ Oh thanks. Seems like nothing but problems for X since it opened.

I guess Flashback still remains dead. Not like any of us really care. Well atleast not me.

I think they should fix up Flashback and open it again. They can make a movie called Coaster Corpse. It can be a horror movie. It's dark, the coaster is rusted, faded out paint, noisy lift hill, crazy teenage operator on his cell phone. The camera is focused on the train full of passengers. As the teenage kid is on his phone the coaster goes haywire and starts ejecting people and causing head trauma and whiplash. When the train comes back the ride op turns around and notices all the blood and starts screaming. Then the coaster eats him. The coaster gets revenge on the employees for the neglected TLC. All the coasters want are regular maintenance to stay healthy and operating and protection from the crowds so they don't get vandalized in their first year of operation (cough cough Tatsu cough cough).

This is what the coasters do when the ride operators at Magic Mountain are on their cell phone not paying attention to the ride. This is true. I've seen it happen on Tatsu... Im being serious

Nah just kidding

Im sorry for the stupid post. Its 3 in the morning and Im tired but I can't get off this site. lol.

Im not bashing at Magic Mountain. I love the place but when the material is there I guess it's ok to use it. Has anyone seen the pics of Marker on the Tatsu supports and on the station?

The clean up is because SFMM is giving back the land to Newhall Land and farm. They are apparently goint to build a well.

Do you actually know this for fact?

That seems liek an awfully random thing to do...

Considering NLF actually owns that land and allows SFMM to use it for storage, I don't think it's too random...It would explain the fence too...