TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Speaking of X... that reminds me... the day i went (10-21-06), X had a train sitting in storage and another in the loading station, fully assembled trains by the way. At least that's what i saw from Viper's lift hill and MCB's (I know...why did i ride it, but it is fun, yet painful, kind of like brainfreeze i guess).

Anyway, make what you will of this.

Yeah, X will be closed at least for 6 months I've heard. Summer of 2007 seems to be going around at the moment.

_six

Is that a reliable rumor source? My sources seem to be pointing to beginning of Fiscal year 2007, (Jan-Feb time). I hope your sources are wrong about Summer 07!

Speaking of X... that reminds me... the day i went (10-21-06), X had a train sitting in storage and another in the loading station, fully assembled trains by the way. At least that's what i saw from Viper's lift hill and MCB's (I know...why did i ride it, but it is fun, yet painful, kind of like brainfreeze i guess).

Anyway, make what you will of this.

How were you able to see inside the station

Yeah, X will be closed at least for 6 months I've heard. Summer of 2007 seems to be going around at the moment.

_six

Is that a reliable rumor source? My sources seem to be pointing to beginning of Fiscal year 2007, (Jan-Feb time). I hope your sources are wrong about Summer 07!

Fiscal year '07 would be end of June/beginning of July. Hopefully that's not the case, but I'm sure you know how it is with X and extended downtime.

^^

No, not really, you forget... i was riding Viper, and therefore, way too focused on having fun/not getting a bloody ear by keping my "head back at all times" so it was more of a mere quick glance in between all of the madness accompanying Viper...so to better answer your question, no i didn't look at the station closely, just saw the back end of the train, which was all I was looking for anyway...Sorry!

^^Dude, if you're so into looking at other coasters while going up a lift hill, check out Flashback next time you're on Goliath. THAT train's been sitting there for 3 years. And has it opened? No.

So yeah, just because there's a train in the station doesn't mean the ride has been operating recently.

-Amanda "Stupid X" V.

Screamscape is reporting that the reason X is closed is because The Gearbox on the lift hill blew out and they have to order a new one from over seas and the park says that will take about a year.

thats kinda funny seeings how it was manufactured in Utah, and it only took like two days for the original gear box to be shipped to sfmm.

Went today for a work outing. Quite a fun day. First time there since Superman was new. Deja vu was up and running and was insane. Tatsu had about an hour wait due to the wonderful fact that they were only running one train. Then about 20 mins into the wait, it broke down with a 45 minute delay. So we passed on it.

Freefall was up and running but while i was waiting for my friends to get out of Riddler's Revenge, it broke down twice. But they fixed it and it kept running with two trains.

Vipers and Goliaths crews were moving the trains as fast as possible. Thanks to the fact that both were running two trains. And both rides had about a 10 minute wait which was nice.

Superman was only running the left side and had about a 15 minute wait.

Psyclone was running even though some of the trains are on Colossus. Only one train was on Psyclone and we have all already ridden it so we passed on that.

But the worst crew by far was Revolution. There was about a 35 minute wait that could have been cut in half if they had more than one train running. Not to mention the slow dispatch times.

And yes Flashback is dead.

Overall a really fun day. Goliath was definately the highlight of the trip by far. That first drop is amazing and not to mention the massive airtime you get on that ride as well. Definately worth the price of admission just for that.

thats kinda funny seeings how it was manufactured in Utah, and it only took like two days for the original gear box to be shipped to sfmm.

They have to manufacture it though, and I'm sure that takes awhile. Its not like they have a spare just sitting around.

Today I was realy shocked. Everything was open even OE, Sierra twist , and Jet Stream. The only think I notice was closed are the stuff thats already close such as X, Flashback, and Metro

Just thought I should post. Canyon Blaster is now out of rehab after about a month or so with a brand new train. I had the great and amazing honor of working it already. The train seems lighter than the old one, but its almost silent , the lapbars and seatbelts work great. Some work was done on the brake in the station. Also missing pieces of the fences that go around the walkways of the ride have been replaced. Just thought I should add in a positive note.

_Six

115140366_370732394_0.jpeg.1c6016e7cacdd9bb82b2b2fc3db7e7fc.jpeg

Here's a really crappy shot of the new train. Yeah...some paint job.

Hey guys great news at MM Orient Express is now open -=) Also today was a bad day visit Tatsu’s line was really bad as it extended past the Italian ice cart at the bottom of the hill. Oh yea they were running one side only -=(

-Dan

I noticied that today! Seems as if throughout the entire day they were doing about one dispatch every 30 minutes or something. Tatsu didn't even finish block check until about 10:45....*tisK* *tisk*.

_six

So what's up with the one train operation for Tatsu on a busy Saturday? I was there last Saturday and it was two train operation (it was DEFINATELY busy enough for 3 train operation-- I waited with a Flash Pash for over an hour).

Clueless management, unfortunately along with Poor staffing, low morale, low pay. Which all goes back to the clueless management issue.

Sad. Very sad.

Hey guys great news at MM Orient Express is now open -=) Also today was a bad day visit Tatsu’s line was really bad as it extended past the Italian ice cart at the bottom of the hill. Oh yea they were running one side only -=(

-Dan

thats very poor operations at the mountain. we've been seeing that for a while now.

on a busy day like that they should of at least been running 3 trains and 2 sides with 5 minute (at the most) dispaches

At this point there is no money to even staff the second loading platform of a brand new signature attraction (Tatsu), There is no money to replace a lift hill motor gear on the always popular X. Suffice to say there is no spare money to spend on demolishing Flashback. Plus the way things are looking at this point some housing developer will probably do all the demolishing.

Lets hope that is not the case, but at this point I see Management doing nothing to stem the spiraling out of control decay of employee moral and attraction operation (I.E. Running brand new signature ride with half empty trains and only using one station with very long load and dispatches etc.)

Corporations are a strange beast. Shapiro gets raises while the company is tanking. Very very strange, but that is how it works when you are a big wig, do nothing make lots of money. Mess up and make even more money. The business executive world is a very strange one.