TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ Are you dumb? What makes you think Knott's would even want to buy it? Just in case you didn't know, the process of a "sale" requires two parties - a seller (that's actually in the market to sell the product) and a buyer (that's actually in the market to buy the product). There is NEITHER a seller or a buyer right now for Flashback.

Flashback has been on my must ride list since i was SIX YEARS OLD, my first coaster ever was the arrow corkscrew and custom looper at gl (double loop), Believe me: I can handle any coaster, son of beast is nothing for me

Move flashback to geauga lake.... then i wont have to fly cross country just to ride it

To those saying "TEAR IT DOWN!!!" - Bug off, it's one of a kind, and most likely WILL BE SPARED and possibly even fixed up, after all, the ride is intamin from when they were with B&M, i'm pretty sure new trains could be plausible for it (B&M Tracking)

"-Almost got my Deja Vu credit but the line was insanely long" (lapseofreason)

You want your DV credit? Try the single rider line. It's usually not that long. Go in the exit...you'll find it.

Eric "Just lettin' ya know" L.

Flashback has been on my must ride list since i was SIX YEARS OLD, my first coaster ever was the arrow corkscrew and custom looper at gl (double loop), Believe me: I can handle any coaster, son of beast is nothing for me

Move flashback to geauga lake.... then i wont have to fly cross country just to ride it

To those saying "TEAR IT DOWN!!!" - Bug off, it's one of a kind, and most likely WILL BE SPARED and possibly even fixed up, after all, the ride is intamin from when they were with B&M, i'm pretty sure new trains could be plausible for it (B&M Tracking)

amen to that

The ride will sit untill the land it is on is needed, I think that can be agreed upon by most. However, what happens from there? As others have said, it is one of a kind, so will it be carefully taken apart and put into storage until a proper home has been established? The flip side from that argument is that there hasn't been a clamoring for parks to contact Intamin for a ride of this type, so there isn't going to be a huge market for this coaster to be sold, so would MM just cut their losses and tear it down and scrap it?

Discuss

they should sell it to knotts! get some money!

Yep yep. Wrap it up in a lil' heart shaped box with a pretty pink ribbon, and send it RIGHT OVER!

Okay, I'm a lifeguard. WTF are these HH lifeguards bitching about? Seriously, I work at an indoor pool, with a lazy river, tip bucket, 2 speed slides, drop slide, a huge kiddy area, as you can imagine it gets quite loud in there. Not to mention the music usually playing over the PA. When you are a lifeguard, you don't always use your ears, especially when you have the noises of waves crashing and buckets pouring out 300 gallons of water ever minute. You use your eyes. Lifeguards are trained well enough that Flashback shouldn't be a distraction.

If your a lifeguard now a days, you'd know, you'll look for ANY reason to close down the pool, or to get off a shift.

-Taylor :trashcan lid bangs: "THUNDER! EVERYONE OUT! GO HOME!" Radford

Why would it be so ridiculous for X to have a computer problem? To say something blew up is a little dramatic, I can't remember the last time any part of a coaster exploded randomly...

What I really wish would happen to Flashback would be to see it go to a small family-run park that needs a steel coaster badly. The ride is so unique and could still draw crowds where it is needed.

I don't know why I'm so fascinated with this coaster, but if it ends up running somewhere, you read it here... I'm flying out to ride it!