TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Keep in mind that one of the old queue sections for Flashback is currently being used as a maintenance storage area...

Hell, Flashback can be one giant storage area for parts for all we know...

Well its not so much an update but a small recount of what I did yesterday (07-18-06) at the mountain… I managed to ride ALL coasters in the park by five a clock and then re rode most of them. RRV was running one train until about 1:00 when they added another train, and they took about ½ and hour to test it while I was in line, that SUCKED! Other than that all rides were running 2 trains except for Psyclone and X which were running 1 each. Batman’s second train was running too! I say that only cause Arrowfanman’s update mentioned it was running one, but FYI they have the second one running again. Superman broke down about 2 and was not up and running until about 5!

But overall it was a fun trip, the service was good and the only crew that was little behind was TATSU’s in the early morning, because dispatches were in few and lengthy, despite two train/station operation!

Yeah, knowing SFMM, they aren't the friendliest on letting you know things that the public doesn't. I sent a letter to the Public Service staff there about Flashback and didn't even get any sort of reply. But of course, I didn't really expect one. Also, the mechanics probably have no clue if they're going to get it up or not. I mean being a very hard to predict ride, it could work and it could not work.

Brent "if you look at my Photo TR, I took some pictures of it" Shenton

^I forgot about that. Stupid Hurricane Harbor.

Wasn't there a discussion like this in the actual Flashback thread: that several other parks run coasters right by the water park, and THEY'VE never had a problem?

On another note, I was at the stupid grocery store yesterday and the chick bagging noticed my Tatsu shirt. Apparently she worked on Jet Stream as of a few months ago, and her boyfriend or something works on Dive Devil. Anyways, she informed me that Busch Gardens was going to buy the park. Now, I'm not one to believe a GP comment like that, especially coming from a SFMM employee (no offense, Jahan) but... there's another rumour for the pile.

SANTA CLARITA - A county supervisor may beat the city's mayor to the negotiating table on the future of Six Flags California, Valencia, with its Magic Mountain theme park and companion water park, Hurricane Harbor.

City officials publicly remarked last week that they would be interested in annexing Magic Mountain and pursuing some sort of partnering with the theme park's owner, but a letter from Mayor Laurene Weste is still in the works............................if the property were annexed to Santa Clarita, city government could offer incentives that officials say would save Six Flags hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, including freedom from utility, business or admission taxes. County government imposes a 5 percent utility-user tax and an admissions tax on tickets..........................

Magic Mountain is the No. 1 employer in the Santa Clarita Valley and among county government's top sales tax sources. Novak said any large sales tax generator in unincorporated areas is of interest to all five county supervisors, not just Antonovich."

Check URL for the full article. Very Interesting lets hope it works!

http://

http://www.dailynews.com/santaclarita/ci_4071405

I just saw a new sfmm comercial. The last line of the comercial said "The new six flags magic mountian......The coaster capital of the world." I thought the whole race for the most coasters was over? Edit: I just saw it again, they mention having seventeen coasters and all they do is promote it as a thrill park and stuff along those lines.

Take it for what it is worth, but when I worked there (2001-2003), it was not uncommon to here about a visit from Busch park reps every couple months...

Oh, and another thought I just had about the wall coming down at Flashback: Fright Fest preparation?

^ Good thinking.

Perhaps they're going to borrow a few cobwebs from Flashback.

Anyway, I should have a fully update soon, but FreeFall is really gearing up to reopen, no lie. They're already looking into assembling a crew to operate it, and another car has showed up on site.

Also, I was explictly told that "Circus wheel's next on the list after Freefall". I even saw brand new painted floorboards for Circus wheel backstage. So there are two more SBNO's we can soon cross off the list.

Skytowers back. Thill Shots back (or soon). Orients coming soon. Freefalls coming soon. Circus Wheel is to follow. Metro is just dead. Flashback will be the only remaining.

-Jahan

Anyway, I should have a fully update soon, but FreeFall is really gearing up to reopen, no lie. They're already looking into assembling a crew to operate it, and another car has showed up on site.

^I forgot about that. Stupid Hurricane Harbor.

Wasn't there a discussion like this in the actual Flashback thread: that several other parks run coasters right by the water park, and THEY'VE never had a problem?

Does Magnum and Gemini count as being close to a waterpark?

Joey...That's a really good point about FF and Flashback...Perhaps they'll clean out the old queue and put something in there and use the exit and the station as the queue for the ride...Or even make it an extension of Joker's Hideout...

I was just thinking to myself today how this must have been a terrible day to be out at Magic Mountain, since it was so hot here in SoCal today. Did you shoot the photos today (Saturday) or yesterday (Friday)? Was anyone out there today in this record breaking heat?