TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

22 hours ago, skyrocket010 said:

Hi everyone, I need some input. Me and a friend will be flying in this weekend and are looking to go to the park on Sunday. I’m sure it’s going to be packed. Can you recommend which tier of Flash pass we should get? Also how we should maneuver the park in order to maximize our time for such a busy day?

If you can get there early, Sundays are usually pretty chill until about 12/1p (families have church & chores, kids want to sleep in, etc).  Because the park is SO big and has SO many attractions, it's really hard to make a definitive game plan.  It really comes down to which rides you care the most about experiencing.  But here are some things to consider:

• Full Throttle has very low capacity and is the first coaster guests encounter, so that line gets long and stays long.  So if you get there early, hit that one first and call it done.
  • X2 , West Coast Racers, Tatsu, and Superman are also low capacity.  WCR also has a lot of downtime.  Ninja's capacity shouldn't be a problem but the last few times I've visited, the ROs were sloooow.
  • The Twisted Colossus line can get long but it moves consistently.  Fastest ops in the park, but it's an RMC so it's very popular.
  • Goliath, Viper, Scream, Gold Rusher, and Riddler are also decent capacity.

If you get the mid-tier Flash Pass, you can make a reservation for one of the low capacity rides while you wait in line for one of the better capacity rides and it'll probably be ready when you get finished.  And then just repeat that cycle for the day.  I don't think crowds will be crazy enough to warrant shelling out the insane price for Platinum.  Unless you're hell-bent on getting every single credit in one day.

9 hours ago, JT325 said:

Am I the only one who thinks this new ride is another eyesore back there, along with West Coast Racers?  The mountain was once so beautiful!  Last year there was piles of trash on all the hill sides and in the queues... very sad to see the park in that condition.

On the other hand, I suppose it's worth it if I want my rides on X2, Revolution and Ninja!  Tatsu too, woohoo.

You're not the only one I'm sure, but you're about 20 years late.

SFMM is what it is, and I happen to think WW really livens up that area.

1 hour ago, CedarFlags said:

If you can get there early, Sundays are usually pretty chill until about 12/1p (families have church & chores, kids want to sleep in, etc).  Because the park is SO big and has SO many attractions, it's really hard to make a definitive game plan.  It really comes down to which rides you care the most about experiencing.  But here are some things to consider:

• Full Throttle has very low capacity and is the first coaster guests encounter, so that line gets long and stays long.  So if you get there early, hit that one first and call it done.
  • X2 , West Coast Racers, Tatsu, and Superman are also low capacity.  WCR also has a lot of downtime.  Ninja's capacity shouldn't be a problem but the last few times I've visited, the ROs were sloooow.
  • The Twisted Colossus line can get long but it moves consistently.  Fastest ops in the park, but it's an RMC so it's very popular.
  • Goliath, Viper, Scream, Gold Rusher, and Riddler are also decent capacity.

If you get the mid-tier Flash Pass, you can make a reservation for one of the low capacity rides while you wait in line for one of the better capacity rides and it'll probably be ready when you get finished.  And then just repeat that cycle for the day.  I don't think crowds will be crazy enough to warrant shelling out the insane price for Platinum.  Unless you're hell-bent on getting every single credit in one day.

I really appreciate the response. Thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...

According to some outlets the track work on Wonder Woman is complete. Any guesses on when it will actually open?? Optimistic me says July 15th. Realistic me says August 15th knowing SFMM and the amount of work that appears needing to be done in the DC universe area.

23 minutes ago, Animal said:

According to some outlets the track work on Wonder Woman is complete. Any guesses on when it will actually open?? Optimistic me says July 15th. Realistic me says August 15th knowing SFMM and the amount of work that appears needing to be done in the DC universe area.

Since we're going with 15ths for some reason, my prediction is November 15th at the absolutely earliest.  This is SFMM we're talking about here.

EDIT:  Actually disregard that; my actual estimate is January 15th, so they can pull a SEAS-move to drive next year's pass sales.

Ya, I think 2 months is the absolute soonest we could expect.  There's gotta be electrical work, station & queue work, testing, marketing, employee training...  and that's assuming that literally nothing goes wrong from here on out.

So maybe mid-late September is realistic.  Right after the big yearly sale on passes & memberships that usually happens on Labor Day.

On 3/30/2022 at 6:28 AM, Animal said:

Anyone want to bet that Wonder Woman doesn’t open until September or later? I saw a drone construction update and the state of the construction site is appalling as we head into April. The entirety of whatever their doing in DC Universe is nothing but a dirt lot, the ride construction started and then halted completely. I just don’t get why SFMM can’t get their construction projects together. Look at fiesta Texas, Dr Diabolical is nearly finished with vertical construction!

You say September, well I actually predicted that back in March and was trashed for it. We will see at this point

On 6/4/2022 at 10:19 AM, Animal said:

According to some outlets the track work on Wonder Woman is complete. 

Pics or it isn't real!

Reaction GIF

For real though surely someone can verify.

17 hours ago, 13fishlips13 said:

Looking at the sfmm app. Looks like lex drop of doom is back open.

Best ride in the park for sheer terror, IMO.  I'm usually fine with heights but I had an edge seat and Supes launched up the tower at the same time we were reaching the top.  White knuckle terror with that shaking.

4 hours ago, KBrylczyk said:

Best ride in the park for sheer terror, IMO.  I'm usually fine with heights but I had an edge seat and Supes launched up the tower at the same time we were reaching the top.  White knuckle terror with that shaking.

I once got stuck at the top for a good 30 minutes or so. The lift mechanism had already disengaged, and it was the magnets holding us in place. Superman launched a few times before they shut the whole tower down to try and get us back to ground level. Really awful experience.

• Sad 1

I was in the park today, and it was indeed open.  Got a ride on it.  But I was only in the park for 3 hours (short after work visit), and it went down twice according to both the app and in park wait time screens.  Goliath went down for a bit with a train stopped at the mid course break.  JL and Apocalypse were closed.

So glad that Lex is finally back open.  Controversial opinion... I think Lex is the best attraction idea that Magic Mountain has had in decades.

With the removal of Freefall, the park had a drop tower sized hole in its flat ride lineup.  For a very small investment, the park filled that hole with a successor that upped the thrills, broke a world record (SHATTERED the American record), and thematically tied in to an existing attraction.  It's a win all around.

JL has dropped the 3D and glasses.  Screens are now in 4K.  You can still walk right through the two pre-show rooms.  The animation still sucks, but it is an improvement.

8 hours ago, ryder said:

JL has dropped the 3D and glasses.  Screens are now in 4K.  You can still walk right through the two pre-show rooms.  The animation still sucks, but it is an improvement.

Justice League projection is definitely not 4k, but they did indeed get rid of the 3D.

On 6/16/2022 at 2:32 AM, MagicMountainMan said:

Justice League projection is definitely not 4k, but they did indeed get rid of the 3D.

Sheeeeeeeit it ain't even DVD quality.

• Haha 1

Do the projections in JL seem brighter now without the 3D?  That was always an issue for me... it was all just so dim I could barely see anything.

And the animation is also a mess.  It's like they couldn't decide if they wanted cartoon or live action, so they met in the middle and made it uncanny valley.

Just wanted to post this here. This channel has done a great job covering the coaster's building process and he got to the park as Wonder Woman was doing its first cycle. Very exciting that it's starting testing!

While there's still a lot of work to do in the area, it's moving pretty fast.  Late July is optimistic, but August/September is realistic.

Really, while I'm fairly sure I'll enjoy the ride, I kinda miss the access to Batman more.