TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Saw this today....

Six Flags Magic Mountain launches pay-per-ride option on 4 coasters 

Press Telegram:

Six Flags Magic Mountain is now offering front-line options for individual roller coasters to keep up with the latest developments in industry leader Disneyland. price.

Magic Mountain has launched a disposable ride-by-ride flash pass on four of Valencia’s most popular roller coasters.

The new Flash Pass Skip The Line Single Ride option is available on certain days at Magic Mountain. West Course Tracer, Twist Colossus, Full Throttle, Goliath.

Magic Mountain’s new fare option is exactly that and it’s an option. Visitors can choose to wait for the ride at the waiting line.

Flash Pass single ride prices range from $ 5 to $ 25 per person and vary from ride to ride and from day to day. Twisted Colossus and West Course Tracers were priced at $ 12 per ride, and Full Throttle and Goliath were $ 14 on Monday, January 17th, on Martin Luther King Junior Day. The new Flash Pass Skip The Line program looks like this: It will be available on Magic Mountain for the foreseeable future, according to Six Flags officials.

1 hour ago, tndank said:

West Course Tracers

lol. Nice proofreading on the news release.

Also in addition to the pay per ride, it looks like SFMM is the first to launch the new pass levels, though I'd imagine it should go in the main Six Flags corporate thread as I'm assuming it will be rolling out to more parks soon.

Now the employees will have to deal with legacy memberships which they are discontinuing for new purchases, and 3 more tiers of season passes completely separate from gold+, platinum, diamond, diamond elite, diamond elite VIP..... meaning there are now technically 9 different pass levels for SFMM...

The new pass levels are not very budget friendly, and the perks are much lower for higher cost. Also gone are the days of unlimited meal visits throughout the year. The payment plan is only good on the two highest passes and it's only 4 payments max.

Edited by anonymouscactus
More info
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Woodie Warrior said:

So if one has a Six Flags season pass/membership from another park that guarantees admission to all Six Flags parks, do the SFMM blackout days apply to them?

This is going to piss a lot of current members off.

I fail to see why the blackout dates would apply to those passholders/members, since only the basic level pass at SFMM has blackout dates, and the basic level pass/membership at other parks does not grant admission to all SF parks.  Effectively, the holder of a pass/membership at another park would be the equivalent of the higher levels of pass at SFMM, thus no blackout dates.

I think it's also worth noting that the only blackout dates at SFMM are the Fright Fest Saturdays.  Many chains' "basic level" pass doesn't include admission to their Halloween events at all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Swung by the park since I was in the area to golf…not really anything to report except tastu is still being painted and the former riddlers courtyard entrance has a lot of footers which you can see through the very ripped up scrim on the fence.0AE53C9A-D43A-443F-9B75-C02830703799.thumb.jpeg.51a9e1d7c2a086799b7c077b5115ec29.jpegD75C2BE7-606D-4EA9-8FE2-04ED551B3FD5.thumb.jpeg.90f0ebe26a051486af61c925a2fcb0fb.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

First visit to the park this past Friday after being teased by RCT2 since 2003; generally was very impressed with the park, but was sad to see X2 closed due to inclement weather, which I’m assuming was high wind. That just hurt because I’d seen it testing as I pulled up :(

Tatsu still being repainted hurt too cuz all I could do was stare at it, but I just have a reason to go back a second time really soon. I managed to do all other major coasters between 10:30 am and 3:00 pm, which was far quicker than expected especially with mostly 1-train ops. 

P.s. Superman is back to running the forward side, backwards was closed when I visited but I didn’t bother asking why or about Lex Luthor.

So my partner and I are planning a Southern California trip over our Spring Break (March 12th-20th). We will be in LA Saturday the 12th through Monday the 14th before traveling to San Diego. We're midwest based so I know my around seasonal parks... but I'm feeling a little lost with crowds and ops at the year round parks. We want to hit MM and Knott's. 

We'll give a full day to each park, but we have the option of going in any combination Saturday, Sunday, or Monday. I assume Sunday and Monday are best for crowds, but what about staffing? I realize missing credits is likely on any day, but is it more likely for a major ride to be down on a weekday due to staffing issues or because crowds are lighter? We're willing to do flash pass on a busy day, especially if it means we're less likely to encounter down coasters and the resulting longing stares :p. 

5 hours ago, timetheus said:

So my partner and I are planning a Southern California trip over our Spring Break (March 12th-20th). We will be in LA Saturday the 12th through Monday the 14th before traveling to San Diego. We're midwest based so I know my around seasonal parks... but I'm feeling a little lost with crowds and ops at the year round parks. We want to hit MM and Knott's. 

We'll give a full day to each park, but we have the option of going in any combination Saturday, Sunday, or Monday. I assume Sunday and Monday are best for crowds, but what about staffing? I realize missing credits is likely on any day, but is it more likely for a major ride to be down on a weekday due to staffing issues or because crowds are lighter? We're willing to do flash pass on a busy day, especially if it means we're less likely to encounter down coasters and the resulting longing stares :p. 

I'm not sure about Magic Mountain, but Knott's is kind of unbearable most Saturdays so I would avoid.  Fastlane passes will help with rides, but there are long and slow lines for everything else.  One thing to consider though is that Knott's has been offering significantly longer hours than MM. 

MM will probably be dead for crowds on Monday, but will also only be open for 6.5 hours.   Even with light crowds, that doesn't leave you a lot of time to experience everything.  If you only care about coasters, I would say... take Saturday for yourself, then do Six Flags on Sunday (traffic will also be way better), and Knott's on Monday. 

• 2 weeks later...

^Was in the park today... no noticeable movement on Lex.  Tatsu is getting there, but not sure when it'll be completely finished.  Superman was up today, but only forwards side.

And FYI, at the very moment, the walkway between Tatsu and WCR/Apocalypse is closed due to painting.

The new bathrooms going up behind the Flashpass office already have walls up.

I'm planning on visiting the park in week or so. I know that DC Universe, Tatsu, and Lex Luthor are all closed. Are there any other rides or park sections that have been down or closed off? Also, are there any rides at Knott's that are closed because we are thinking about hitting that too? Thanks

This is fun! Six Flags Magic Mountain released a full view of the layout of Wonder Woman: Flight of Courage. It looks like the new additions to the layout are another off-axis airtime hill and an overbanked curve into the brake run. Another thing to note: doesn't it look like the queue building is being expanded upon? 

Either way, I'm very excited for this addition and its marvelous to see Magic Mountain getting another ride that has a large amount of airtime. I loved Jersey Devil and I can only imagine that this version will be just as good if not better. 

Wonder Woman Flight of Courage.jpg

On 2/21/2022 at 5:52 PM, ryder said:

^Was in the park today... no noticeable movement on Lex.  Tatsu is getting there, but not sure when it'll be completely finished.  Superman was up today, but only forwards side.

And FYI, at the very moment, the walkway between Tatsu and WCR/Apocalypse is closed due to painting.

The new bathrooms going up behind the Flashpass office already have walls up.

Just FYI for those going soon, the walkway opens and closes throughout the day, as I have seen it closed it the morning, open in afternoon, closed again, and opened again in the same day. all depends if they are going back to finish the top of the lift or not.

4 minutes ago, ryder said:

Anyone have any idea of Wonder Woman will offer a Single Rider line?  Does Jersey Devil?

No idea on Wonder Woman, but Jersey Devil does not have a single rider line.

23 minutes ago, boldikus said:

Why would a ride where everyone is a single rider have a single rider line? 🤣

Because you have groups of people that want to ride together in the same train and sometimes that leaves empty seats.  Pretty sure that WW at SFFT had a single rider line, not sure if they still do.

• Like 4