TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Not sure how they're doing it at MM but SFNE doesn't have set days this season; it's just "one bring a friend free pass, any day during the operating season."  Should be able to check that on the pass/member portal easily enough.

I would've bet money that this would be themed to the Joker, given its location and how Magic Mountain has yet to install a Joker ride. I guess the obvious options for yellow track are Wonder Woman or Flash - both of which they have flat rides themed after already (which can easily be rethemed I suppose, like Over Texas did with Harley Quinn).

I guess this "officially" confirms it is happening! Yay! I am always skeptical with leaked plans, rumors, etc. but seeing the amount of ground clearing going on and track on site is about as confirmed as you can get without an announcement. Hopefully the park announces it soon. I wonder if they will return to a chain-wide video in August/Sept. or do their own announcement like SFFT plans on doing.

1 hour ago, KBrylczyk said:

Aquaman. Or Wonder Woman. Or Shazam.

if I had to guess?

Black Adam themed  (or whatever they are gonna call him in the film)

Yellow track/black supports.. very striking.

and they can use the tag along the lines of "ride the lightning"

just my guess tho.

8d2fae4e-d09e-4aed-a69c-e65dec377e23.jpg

• Like 4

Six Flags pre-empting a movie by a year isn't in their wheelhouse, though it isn't out of the question.  I guess we'll see!  I know they only have just begun filming the Black Adam movie with The Rock.

• Like 1

keeping in mind that i'm just "supposing" here. . I have ZERO info.

but Black Adam isn't an "unproven IP" - he's a character that's part of the SHAZAM family (and that film was a hit, with a sequel coming as well). . . he's all over the Current DC Comics "Justice League" books - not as a "villain" any longer, but as an anti-hero these days. . . and he's being played by a very bankable star.

I really think there's very little chance this IP will bomb.

(and keep in mind, some Six Flags parks have major rides themed to Cyborg, SuperGirl (who's film in the 80's DID bomb), and Bizarro - a Superman Villian who's never appeared in a major film).

Oh, I agree completely, especially with Dwayne Johnson playing the character.  I say unproven because the character has only existed so far in print media and some animation.  He's not nearly as well-known outside of those fan circles, though.

15 hours ago, bert425 said:

if I had to guess?

Black Adam themed  (or whatever they are gonna call him in the film)

Yellow track/black supports.. very striking.

and they can use the tag along the lines of "ride the lightning"

just my guess tho.

8d2fae4e-d09e-4aed-a69c-e65dec377e23.jpg

Why would they not call him Black Adam in the film?

1 hour ago, Animal said:

Why would they not call him Black Adam in the film?

the same reason that "Man-Ape" wasn't called that in the Black Panther film.  (he was referred to as M'Baku)

best to avoid any controversy.

I'm thinking we might see our first Shazaam! coaster.

1. Its a better name for a coaster.

2.  You can ty in the other DC characters better to it as he's in the Justice League.   

3. The movie did very well and we have a sequel on deck for next year as well.

I could see yellow track with red supports, throw a Lightning logo front car to complete the look.  Maybe theme the que to the Rock of Eternity (his lair).  

Just thinking out loud......

I wonder what all modifications will be made to the layout. From the looks of the leaked  plan, it looks like it will loop around the entry plaza. I figured most of that will just be block zones, but I wonder if there will be maybe like one or two extra airtime hills at the end. I'm not going to lie though, I am pretty disappointed it won't be themed to the Joker. I was looking forward to the inevitable funhouse queue line. 

12 hours ago, KBrylczyk said:

Oh, I agree completely, especially with Dwayne Johnson playing the character.  I say unproven because the character has only existed so far in print media and some animation.  He's not nearly as well-known outside of those fan circles, though.

I mean neither is Bizarro, and he got a roller-coaster when I don't think he's ever made a real live action appearance, has he? I'm sure someone will quote one of the 90s Superman tv shows at me which basically just used the name and the likeness ends there.

Black Adam doesn't seem a bad guess. Only other yellow character that comes to mind is the Reverse Flash, since the Flash movie is also coming. I don't actually know the layout of this park at all, but I'm assuming it's in a DC themed area which is why everyone is guessing characters and the ride not getting any name?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Garet said:

I don't actually know the layout of this park at all, but I'm assuming it's in a DC themed area which is why everyone is guessing characters and the ride not getting any name?

Correct.  The area is called DC Universe, and the new ride's footprint will be sandwiched between Batman: The Ride and Riddler's Revenge.  So it's definitely going to be a DC character  Personally I think Flash and Wonder Woman are the most likely options.  WW especially, since Six Flags already has all the logos and stuff pre-made.

I was hoping for it to be Joker, but it makes sense that the park would want to expand beyond Gotham City since they purposely rebranded that area a few years back from Gotham City Backlot to DC Universe.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KBrylczyk said:

^ July 29nd, 2022, yep.  It's still strange to me that Six Flags would theme a major ride to an unproven IP.

They already did a movie tie-in with Terminator Salvation.  Black Adam isn't as established, but the precedent is definitely there.

6 hours ago, Superbatboy said:

...they could get really creative with marketing...

Do me a quick favor and read the topic title again, please.  I'll wait.

Done?  Cool.  Now we're on the same wavelength. Please allow me to retort...

Chappelle Show Lol GIF

• Haha 2