TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

The mobile ordering app does work for free mug refills (assuming you have membership or AP that gets free refills), and it surprisingly worked really well.  I was able to get soda refills in just a few minutes, without needing to stand in the hideous food lines.  Did it at least three times in a day, all at different locations, and they all were quick.

They didn't have a "water" option on the soda refills, but in my experience,, they don't pour your drink until you get to the window to check in, so I'd suggest ordering any drink and just telling them you want water when you get to the window if you want water.

I went last week during the week for the first time. I got in the park at about 11:15. The first 2+ hours were great. Got 3 rides on Twisted Colossus, which was running all 3 trains and never had more than a 10-15 minute wait. I rode it a fourth time later because I had a skip the line pass. I got two rides on Batman since it was a walk on, and one ride on Scream. 

After these 7 rides I went down to West Coaster Racers and Apocalypse and skipped Apocalypse because the line was crazy. I did ride West Coast Racers and that line ended up being almost a hour. They didn't queue indoors which was expected. At times they put one party on the ride, and other times they just put people every other row, so for about 20 minutes the line didn't move and then they seem to use every other row it moved a little bit faster. 

I used my other skip the line for Tatsu, and after that I got a ride on Viper which was a walk on and 3 rides on X2 where I waited between 15-30 minutes. The line was really 15 minutes but the normal X2 breakdown occurred and they sent 3 empty trains. On the way out I checked Full Throttle's line and decided it was a bit long for my taste.

I didn't get any food but those lines did look long. Overall the park did a good job other than the one person who was only putting one party on West Coast Racers. It was odd to see a single person riding it. 

They did do a good job checking the reservation times upon entering and it was easy to get the skip the lines. 

I did spend a little time looking at the construction of the potential new RMC coaster. They are making good progress so I'm hoping we don't have another West Coast Racers in terms of timing. 

Overall I'm glad I gave it a little time. I have another reservation later in the month. 

I will miss Tidal Wave for the quick 5 second shower.

I've been on Roaring Rapids back to back and didn't get wet at all. And Goliath's sprinkler system is a joke and gets flown away by the wind before it hits your body. Heat exhaustion is real problem for me when i visit the park in the summers. With the lack of shade and sprinkler fans around the park, I will miss Tidal Wave. 

BTW does anyone know if you can just use your phone as a flash pass now and not have to get a watch anymore? It will be awesome not have to stand in line to buy a flash pass anymore. Waited 40 minutes in line last time just to buy a watch last month.

As I understand it, you can use your phone to purchase the Flash Pass, but you still have to stand in line to pick it up.

And if you're a member picking up your included FOL passes, I believe you can use a different line and skip all the people picking up a Flash Pass.

14 hours ago, zoda said:

BTW does anyone know if you can just use your phone as a flash pass now and not have to get a watch anymore? It will be awesome not have to stand in line to buy a flash pass anymore. Waited 40 minutes in line last time just to buy a watch last month.

Yes, you can use an app on your phone for fp. It works great for us, and even to for staff. It scans easily unlike the watches. I have the season fp, and still must go to the office to process daily. I was there a week or so ago. I'm very happy with it! 😉

If you've purchased the daily fp, there are signs near the park entrance with the qr code to scan, so you can  download the app I spoke of. Supposedly, you don't need to go to the fp office anymore. Just be sure your battery is good on your phone with the fp and mobile food ordering. I had no issue, but my phone is 2 months old.

Does anyone actually know when they’re Six Flags pass expires?? They’ve been charging me for months and I’m in California. I literally have no idea when it expires lol 

3 hours ago, Animal said:

Does anyone actually know when they’re Six Flags pass expires?? They’ve been charging me for months and I’m in California. I literally have no idea when it expires lol 

if you pay monthly, then you most likely have a membership.  memberships don't expire until you cancel them after 1 year.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 8:58 PM, southpuddle said:

Slowly but surely both of the rides that Riddler was built around have all been scrapped. RIP Freefall and Tidal Wave

After they finish removing this they should complete the Riddler's Revenge area ride-removal trifecta then...

• Like 1

Happy Birthday to the park! 50 years is a big milestone. I know they're really just trying to reopen, but anyone know if they've put up any signage celebrating the anniversary?

Speaking of birthdays, I was originally going to postpone longer, but flights and other pricing worked out that I just set in stone my first trip to the park on my birthday. It's only a couple days after the currently-scheduled date that CA lifts all their restrictions (June 15th), so I went ahead and made my reservation & got a Platinum flash pass since I'm sure it'll be pretty busy. I know the park hasn't officially lifted their in-state only restriction, but with Disney doing so recently and the (hopeful) lifting of all restrictions coming up, I'm a bit doubtful this park will hold out much longer. 

• Like 2

On 5/29/2021 at 1:49 PM, IronWolfman said:

Happy Birthday to the park! 50 years is a big milestone. I know they're really just trying to reopen, but anyone know if they've put up any signage celebrating the anniversary?

from what i've seen on social media, there was a banner under neath the sign by the ticket booths, and another over the main gate with some decorations.  not sure if there's anything else.  also they gave out buttons.  not sure anything else happened yesterday.

• Like 2

We were there in Sept,1975. Just when The Revolution's land was being cleared. Was a fun time there, we remember.

Congrats on MM`s 50th Anniversary! 🎂

IMG_0424.JPG.c9939f8ba0686ab49f932aec58e7dbd1.JPG

The photos of our 1975 visit to MM. In the bottom left photo,

You can see the land being cleared for Revolution. 🇺🇸

• Like 3

It was when I went a week ago... and also has very little line as well.  They do hold the line just before the tunnel for Fastlane... so even if the line goes to the fountain area, it's still pretty short.

For any other out-of-state-ers wondering, I just spoke with a representative from SF's national support center via their website help chat function. They said that the current plan is to lift the in-state only restriction on June 15th with the rest of the state's COVID restrictions. Unfortunately, the rep couldn't really answer as to why SFMM is keeping the limitation for now while other SoCal parks are already beginning (SeaWorld & Universal) to allow out-of-state vaccinated guests, and after LA County specifically updated their policy reflecting that almost a month ago, other than that they're just "waiting on approval from the Governor."  Almost made it sound like Newsom is targeting them alone, lol. 

They couldn't answer because you spoke to someone in India reading off a prepared Q&A sheet LOL.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, IronWolfman said:

Okay valid.. was definitely  keeping a lid on being too frustrated since it's absolutely no fault of any help center employee.

Just hoping to hear something official regarding the 15th soon. 

They're not enforcing the out of state policy. They scan your ticket/pass and reservation time when you enter but that's it. I was at the park two days ago and I was talking to some people in line for Tatsu that said they were visiting from Vegas. I expect them to lift the out of state restrictions that they don't enforce on June 15th. If you already have a ticket and reservation you'll have no problem getting into the park. 

As for the 50th anniversary there's some balloons and a special sign by the entrance gate as others have mentioned and I guess they are giving out buttons somewhere. I found a 50th anniversary button inside the train for Ninja when I was boarding but I'm not sure where you get the buttons normally. They weren't handing them out when I entered the park between 10:45 and 11AM so maybe ask in one of the stores by the front entrance or guest services. 

• Like 1

Going to the part this Thursday and just noticed it's going to be 108 degrees...yikes! Does the heat ever deter crowds? Also, if I have two skip the line passes can I use one and have my non-member friend use the other? How does it work?