TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

So as I wait to hear about whether the park will accept out-of-state vaccinated guests (thanks to everyone for the reassuring that they probably wouldn't check but.. don't really want to risk it when travelling halfway across the country), I want to get some more insights on what to expect. I fully understand that visiting in about a month from now means the park may still be a bit of a wreck in terms of operations.

I plan to get Flash Passes for the two full-ish days I'm there (Mon & Tues, May 17-18), though the former I wouldn't be there until roughly 11:30. I've heard some people say the Flash Pass line has been 1-2 hours every day, even week days, and that ride lines themselves have been similar. I know its hard to predict, but has anyone actually had a day since the park reopened that didn't have crazy lines? 

I'm also expecting that a few of the coasters I may only get on once or twice, even with two days, due to breakdowns/operations/lines, but it's been good to hear that pretty much every coaster has been up at some point thus far since reopening. Even if I get to visit in May, I may return in mid-December to also visit Knott's. A longer trip then would probably go more smoothly, but I'm being a bit impatient, lol. 

On 4/23/2021 at 9:32 AM, IronWolfman said:

So as I wait to hear about whether the park will accept out-of-state vaccinated guests (thanks to everyone for the reassuring that they probably wouldn't check but.. don't really want to risk it when travelling halfway across the country), I want to get some more insights on what to expect. I fully understand that visiting in about a month from now means the park may still be a bit of a wreck in terms of operations.

I plan to get Flash Passes for the two full-ish days I'm there (Mon & Tues, May 17-18), though the former I wouldn't be there until roughly 11:30. I've heard some people say the Flash Pass line has been 1-2 hours every day, even week days, and that ride lines themselves have been similar. I know its hard to predict, but has anyone actually had a day since the park reopened that didn't have crazy lines? 

I'm also expecting that a few of the coasters I may only get on once or twice, even with two days, due to breakdowns/operations/lines, but it's been good to hear that pretty much every coaster has been up at some point thus far since reopening. Even if I get to visit in May, I may return in mid-December to also visit Knott's. A longer trip then would probably go more smoothly, but I'm being a bit impatient, lol. 

I can 100% guarantee you will be able to get in as an out-of-stater. My friend from New Mexico posted from SFMM on his Insta story last week and I asked how he got in--he had a friend order his ticket from a CA IP address and had zero trouble at the park because they do not check. 

As many have shared, it does break ethics. 

Has anyone been to the park since kids went back to school?  I have an appt next week but I don't want to drive 1 1/2 hours each way if all the coasters are an hour wait.  Right now I am looking at some online wait times of 100 min for Full Throttle & Goliath, and 130 for West Coast Racers.  It is even 35 min for Scream and Revolution.  Do those sound accurate to anyone that has been there?

Saw an article with the OC Register that said SFMM was going to wait on out-of-staters for now, so I'm gonna wait until December after I graduate. Probably will have a better time then if capacity restrictions on rides are lifted and the park is in a better operational state.

As for that IP trick, aside from the ethical violations and still the potential risks, I have a Platinum membership tied to my address here in CO, so can't really order it from CA even if I wanted to. 

On 4/22/2021 at 5:49 PM, tanthonyam said:

SFMM can take that vaccine card and shove it.  and for member called JEW,  keep politics out of it, by saying republican states are worse.  Republican states arent living in fear.

By telling someone not to bring up politics is you bringing up politics. STOP IT!!!! Your attitude here has always sucked and I will have no issue at all banning you the fuck off the forums. This your final warning. 

• Like 5

For the rest of you, this stupid discussion will stop RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!! I’m sick of this shit. 

Here’s what everyone needs to do: go to the parks, follow the rules, and stop acting like assholes towards other people. Regardless of what they might have done. You’re not their police. 

Get back to actually discussing the park or dont post here. Got it? 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, IronWolfman said:

Saw an article with the OC Register that said SFMM was going to wait on out-of-staters for now, so I'm gonna wait until December after I graduate. Probably will have a better time then if capacity restrictions on rides are lifted and the park is in a better operational state.

As for that IP trick, aside from the ethical violations and still the potential risks, I have a Platinum membership tied to my address here in CO, so can't really order it from CA even if I wanted to. 

Things just changed again this week.  I am now hearing that CDC and California have lifted the travel restrictions to California for out of state guests.  Universal and Sea World are already allowing out of state guests if they have their vaccinations.  Disney has already said no for now.  Knotts and Magic Mountain haven't commented that I can see.  There will probably be more updates this week.

It will still be June 15th that the amusement parks are supposedly allowed to stop the 6' distance stuff, blocking rows, and cleaning trains every other cycle.  Until then, I would assume all of the rides are operating at 1/4 the capacity and that the parks are going to have wait times similar to a Saturday in July, just without the heat :-)

For example, from the Seaworld website:

SeaWorld San Diego is now operating as a theme park. Per state COVID-19 restrictions, attendance is limited to California in-state visitors, and now out-of-state visitors will be required to show proof of a fully completed COVID-19 vaccine (you are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after your second shot, or two weeks after the one-dose vaccine). Guests may also be asked to present proof of residency upon entry. Party sizes may not contain more than 3 households. To adhere to capacity guidelines, and for the health and safety of our animals, employees and guests, reservations and proper face coverings are required to enter the park.

• Like 1

Quick park update:

I went to the park yesterday and unlike just two days prior, there were construction walls around what used to be Green Lantern: First Flight. If you walk towards Batman you can still see into the area where there are some wood panels laying down and some broken concrete. Again, these things did not exist just a few days ago so progress is going forward now.

Additionally, Batman's paint job is moving along quickly and it is looking great. CraZanity has been testing each of my last few visits to the park. Apocalypse is now closed for refurb, and the X2 train that now had audio working is playing just static.

Twisted Colossus also has really hard working ride ops this year which is making it duel more than I have ever seen since it opened. I would say about 70% of my rides this year have been dueling.

Another interesting thing I noticed is that X2 has had literally no line whatsoever at certain points in the day while rides like Ninja, Goliath, Tatsu, Riddler's TC, Scream, Superman, WCR, Lex Luthor, Jet Stream, and Revolution each posting lines out the entrance.

I plan on going back to the park this weekend so if anyone would like pictures of specific construction/progress let me know!

• Like 5

One more thing worth mentioning, if you are trying to hit the park without reserving far in advance, good reservation times are opening up as it gets closer to the date if you check every hour or so. I was just able to reserve an 11:30 slot for tomorrow about 2 minutes ago. Tomorrow's slots have been full for over a day now and this 11:30 slot had been gone for over a week. 

• Like 2

On 4/29/2021 at 11:38 AM, coastercoaster5 said:

Twisted Colossus also has really hard working ride ops this year which is making it duel more than I have ever seen since it opened. I would say about 70% of my rides this year have been dueling.

when you load 1/3 of the train, it becomes possible for SFMM ride ops and guests to get out in time.   same thing happens at West Coast Bash, you either have a full train of people who aren't dummies getting on, or only half the train is loaded during ERT making it easy to duel.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/29/2021 at 12:38 PM, coastercoaster5 said:

I plan on going back to the park this weekend so if anyone would like pictures of specific construction/progress let me know!

Some photos of Batman's re-paint would be great! Back to gray or just a fresh coat of blue?

3 hours ago, coasterlvr said:

when you load 1/3 of the train, it becomes possible for SFMM ride ops and guests to get out in time.   same thing happens at West Coast Bash, you either have a full train of people who aren't dummies getting on, or only half the train is loaded during ERT making it easy to duel.  

Actually, TC has been loading all rows on my last few visits.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

Some photos of Batman's re-paint would be great! Back to gray or just a fresh coat of blue?

I got a few but they are not great. I will get some better ones next week. It's a fresh paint of blue and it looks amazing. It's unclear if they are going to paint/have been painting the supports.

Also, CraZanity opened up finally at about 3pm yesterday. I was able to get on the last cycle of the night after waiting about an hour. Additionally, Apocalypse is back open, making every major ride in the park operational except for Batman.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, coasternut said:

I was at the park today and heard from a lead that the newly painted Batman will open tomorrow. 😉  It really looks nice. Let's hope it lasts a little longer this time. It's deep blue.

That's great news, hopefully Tatsu is next on the list to be painted!

19 hours ago, VegasBaby said:

That's great news, hopefully Tatsu is next on the list to be painted!

Considering that Batman has now been painted twice since Tatsu opened, I wouldn't count on it... sigh. I imagine Tatsu is a very challenging ride to repaint though. Batman is small and tucked away in a corner near access roads. It was probably a cakewalk, hence why they completed it so quickly.

I have a personal wager about whether Tatsu or Xcelerator will get repainted first. One day...

• Like 1