TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Nobody should be surprised that Six Flags is opening as soon as possible and other parks are taking forever (though I get why Disney is).

That's what's been happening in every single market. Honestly, go Six Flags. I love them lately and I don't know how I feel about it.

• Like 2

There are some pretty cool and (expensive) ways to keep the guests socially distanced in the outdoors. The indoor queue rides are not scheduled to open yet.  Hey it's lot better than nothing :)

Holy cow, I can't believe it's happening. My last coaster ride was at Magic Mountain's closing day a year ago, and I was beginning to think it'd still be 4-6 more months before they reopened. I can't wait to get back to the park next month.

13 hours ago, J2dizzle said:

Hahaha. In typical 6F fashion, you have no idea what we're suddenly going through to soft open April 1. See you there! 

Yeah, I'm expecting a shitshow. Hopefully people are just happy to get what they get for the first few weeks because the trade-off is waiting another month. For example: if someone shows up with a stupid refillable drink cup and complains on here that it took 45 minutes to fill it or something like that I'm just warning you now that I'm going to laugh at you.

...hard

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 Flags really seems to be doing it right. I wouldn't sell them short! Initially, there may be some minor issues in 2 weeks. Cedar Fair continues to disappoint with their openings and policies. Cedar Point said they'll close rides early now - before posted closing. That's taking care of their guests...

A buddy of mine said his paused membership at MM automatically reactivates tomorrow 3/21. It looks like a go! Unfortunately I can't participate now because of the governor's rules you must be Cali resident. I can't wait for my return to the mountain! :br

• Like 1

So is Six Flags going to “officially” announce the coaster they are building at SFMM? Or are they going to wait until their yearly reveal date? Now that there will be people in the park it’s going to be pretty obvious to guests that something is being built. And it’s going to be pretty hard to hide it if the ride goes vertical before August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, bostonlva said:

if the ride goes vertical before August.

This is the park that didn't go vertical on their last new coaster until MAY of the year it was supposed to open. I don't think that will be an issue... 🤣

In all seriousness, I think it is reasonable to expect 2022 announcements to come this August/September, resuming to a somewhat routine schedule again. It will probably be a bunch of small, insignificant investments (perhaps re-announcements for many rides that still won't open this year), but I can't see the chain completely skipping out on announcements again like they did last year.

This is the park that didn't go vertical on their last new coaster until MAY of the year it was supposed to open. I don't think that will be an issue... [emoji1787]
In all seriousness, I think it is reasonable to expect 2022 announcements to come this August/September, resuming to a somewhat routine schedule again. It will probably be a bunch of small, insignificant investments (perhaps re-announcements for many rides that still won't open this year), but I can't see the chain completely skipping out on announcements again like they did last year.

Good point. But you would think that they may want to announce this ride as soon as they can so they can get people to signup for the membership (new memberships and those that dropped it last year). The earlier they announce it, the more time they have for people to sign up for the membership right? Especially since SFMM is still the companies “crown jewel”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just made about 7 reservations for the month of April...going to try and hit at least 4 or 5 of the dates depending on work. Anyone else going on opening day? I am already expecting it to be a colossal disaster in terms of operations but I could not care less.

Got my Six Flags membership with SFMM back in last May (I know I know.. probably shouldn't have thought the park would reopen in just a few months at that time.. lol), but as an out-of-state resident, currently hoping the in-state restriction will be lifted by the time I plan to visit in mid-December.

I'll be happy to use the ~9 months of membership charges as a park credit when I finally get there, as that policy they emailed out can only be used at the home park. Actually got use out the pass itself at SFFT a few weeks ago. 

^This is off topic, but I just had to comment. I totally agree. None of this is 6 Flag's fault. They owe the public nothing. It was outside the gates. People are just looking for a free hand out! I hope they don't come back. That make more room for the rest of us.

Los Angeles and Orange Counties are eligible to move into the orange tier, as of tomorrow. This means parks can now operate at 25% capacity (instead of 15%), indoor rides/buildings are now limited to 25% capacity (instead of 15), and indoor dining can take place with 25% capacity.

• Like 1

I am curious to see how the "SoCal residents only" rule will be enforced. I am personally in a gray area for this, because the billing address for my pass is in CA, the IP address of purchasing the pass is CA, and my phone number is CA. But I am a college student in Utah who hasn't been living in CA for several months, so I am technically out-of-state? Kinda strange.

I really don't understand this rule anyway (I know it's California and not Six Flags). Anybody can come visit Knott's right now for the festival, but once the coasters open, only SoCal residents? I don't know. I'm just crossing my fingers that I can visit the parks when I come back home in May. Of course I will adhere to whatever rules they have in place. It would just be a bummer if they consider me out-of-state.

48 minutes ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

I am curious to see how the "SoCal residents only" rule will be enforced. I am personally in a gray area for this, because the billing address for my pass is in CA, the IP address of purchasing the pass is CA, and my phone number is CA. But I am a college student in Utah who hasn't been living in CA for several months, so I am technically out-of-state? Kinda strange.

I really don't understand this rule anyway (I know it's California and not Six Flags). Anybody can come visit Knott's right now for the festival, but once the coasters open, only SoCal residents? I don't know. I'm just crossing my fingers that I can visit the parks when I come back home in May. Of course I will adhere to whatever rules they have in place. It would just be a bummer if they consider me out-of-state.

I hear what you're saying, and I'm wondering what they're going to do. That is really discrimination! I'm already vaccinated and healthier than probably 90% of the people they'll let in. This rule would be tough to enforce. Maybe initially they may ask, but I don't think they'll continue -- I hope.