TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm a Six Flags pass holder I want to do the Holiday in the Park drive through. Online it lets me reserve a time by myself and although they request at least two people per car it didn't specify it was required. Does anyone know who either works for the park or has experienced the drive through, will I be turned away if I show up with a reservation by myself or will they let me drive through by myself? I want to make sure I don't get turned away before I drive all the way down there. I'm excited about driving my own car through Magic Mountain. 

I have a strong feeling the 2022 raptor it will be themed to the Joker, and I really hope they do something cool with the station/theming. Joker, or whatever it will be called, is going to be located right between Batman the Ride and Riddler's Revenge, 2 of the park's best themed coasters and queue lines. Green Lantern had okay-ish theming with a pretty empty bare station, but im hoping they do something cool like SFDK with their Joker entrance. I would love to see a fun house themed queue even if the station is pretty bare which I expect. I wonder what they will replace the giant green lantern with? Maybe a Joker face?

20 hours ago, 805Andrew said:

I'm a Six Flags pass holder I want to do the Holiday in the Park drive through. Online it lets me reserve a time by myself and although they request at least two people per car it didn't specify it was required. Does anyone know who either works for the park or has experienced the drive through, will I be turned away if I show up with a reservation by myself or will they let me drive through by myself? I want to make sure I don't get turned away before I drive all the way down there. I'm excited about driving my own car through Magic Mountain. 

You can go by yourself. I did that last night. I’m sure they suggest more people so they can guilt you into taking a friend without a pass to fork over $25 or $30 bucks.

You’re really just paying for the unique opportunity to drive through the park with some employees in costume waving at you, since it’s just primarily the normal holiday in the park lights package.  Magic deserves credit for doing something and putting people back to work, but do not going in expecting something amazing if you have already seen the holiday in the park lighting.

4 hours ago, Jew said:

You can go by yourself. I did that last night. I’m sure they suggest more people so they can guilt you into taking a friend without a pass to fork over $25 or $30 bucks.

You’re really just paying for the unique opportunity to drive through the park with some employees in costume waving at you, since it’s just primarily the normal holiday in the park lights package.  Magic deserves credit for doing something and putting people back to work, but do not going in expecting something amazing if you have already seen the holiday in the park lighting.

Thanks for the response. I have a Pass so I wouldn't have to pay to get in. I'm actually more exciting about driving my car through the park then the actual lights but I've liked what Magic Mountain has done with Holiday in the Park in the past so I'm curious to check this out.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I went to Magic Mountain for their Holiday in the Park drive through experience. Never in my life did I think I would be driving my own car through Magic Mountain but here we are. It was pretty cool getting to drive my car through the park and it took me about 25 minutes to get through.

I entered through the backstage area by DC Universe near Batman the Ride and went around the park counterclockwise going through the backside of the park first, then going up the hill by Tatsu and Roaring Rapids to Baja Ridge, then through the front side of the park to Goliath and underneath Superman to the Screampunk District, and exited the park through the Screampunk District in between Scream and Twisted Colossus.

Anyways on to the pictures.

5ca90b1a91533108dcfaf02edc8e4b04.jpg
The first thing you see is the Six Flags bus from all the old Mr Six ads as you enter the park through the backstage area.

d790486c2ca60b312127d402ff52f9c4.jpg
Entering through the backstage entrance by DC Universe

83cf2e5dc50a8dcd9e0bbac99d50b98b.jpg
Going through DC Universe

263234b859637d6fc97f110c2f9a5b1c.jpg
Crazanity was the only ride operating at the event...empty cycles that is.

8f10435615a0d55619d0459ee8356d1d.jpg
Driving around ornaments by Justice League and Riddler’s Revenge.

45a2b4bc65a621e8a122b83b9f3b0bb7.jpg
Driving through the new Underground area of the park.

0d566e1832718630f280e0e57a600fa6.jpg
Going by West Coast Racers which I haven’t been on yet.

e66f40af4ab2e0f651ae6718edc5f85e.jpg
This whole area of the park is unrecognizable to me.

dd467da32f782b1f6500e26d38b932f6.jpg
Hopefully I’ll get to ride West Coast Racers sometime in 2021.

1e4bc0f68bb3df243d9bb3bba228d86b.jpg
I seriously don’t recognize this area anymore. I hadn’t been to Magic Mountain since 2018 when I last had a Six Flags Pass. I got one for 2021 though when I went to SFOG last month so I’ll be back when this park eventually reopens.

faf3ffa947b721655d3f6f9e8ca72fdd.jpg
Driving up the hill underneath Tatsu was my favorite part of the event.

1566c530319c0c924b13c4e25965542f.jpg
The area by Tatsu and Roaring Rapids was my favorite decorated area of the park.

83d06220ddda02caea070aa603496f00.jpg
Driving by the Magic Mountain Coaster Hall of Fame

2ef7fa85ab8d86a53fb4852dc550388c.jpg
Driving by the front of the park but not entering or exiting through there.

b5e4ee9acb861a7232f06eb0101608a6.jpg
The iconic front entrance area of Magic Mountain

718e6151a775809b4a12c393e5b9b857.jpg
Bugs Bunny saying what’s up Doc to everyone.

509c698c725fe926aa7d214a9be2e56c.jpg
YOLO through 2021

23a25c2c3b64ce2a3d6b28da0dd1e2e8.jpg
The Golden Bear Theatre was well decorated.

20563738639205041b22d295af06a10a.jpg
Doing a drive by Goliath

399d29ed7184f0ec22512a5b3517ba70.jpg
Driving underneath Superman

f589825056df54e3fc3a4261cabf79ed.jpg
Happy Hanukkah a month ago.

fb6fbb7912af23e6eb0f733207a5ca1d.jpg
Going by DC Universe again but turning right into the Screampunk District.

39b474dcde12d64b7395400665b80382.jpg
Entering the Screampunk District

7a65207b62a66dd8b72dcf78a4daafc9.jpg
The closest I’m getting to riding Twisted Colossus for now.

bb3360ef3fb4175bf3070515e7146476.jpg
Exiting the park in between Scream and Twisted Colossus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great report, thanks! Was it imperative for you to have your car lights on? Or was that made an option? A lot of the pathways there I can see, are very well lit.  Just thought I would ask.

5 minutes ago, Nrthwnd said:

Great report, thanks! Was it imperative for you to have your car lights on? Or was that made an option? A lot of the pathways there I can see, are very well lit.  Just thought I would ask.

There's a sign telling you to dim your headlights when you enter. I tried turning off my headlights and I didn't like it so I kept my normal low beam headlights on for the drive through the park. 

• Thanks 1

It appears they are using the underground as a showcase area.  The night I went their EMT department was featured.  Had their ambulance and some other vehicles parked out there with EMT staff waving.  Since it was SFMM, I wasn’t sure if it was a real emergency or not.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, SharkTums said:

I still can't believe SFMM is doing this! I mean, it's awesome, but just so odd!

And they extended it through the end of the month on weekends. I went on what was supposed to be the last original day of the event. 

Looks like (to me) Drive-thru Holiday Events might actually become a regular annual park "event" since most of them all over the country have been successful in their own ways. And there's (mostly?) no guest trash to pick up after, compared to a walk-thru experience.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nrthwnd said:

Looks like (to me) Drive-thru Holiday Events might actually become a regular annual park "event" since most of them all over the country have been successful in their own ways. And there's (mostly?) no guest trash to pick up after, compared to a walk-thru experience.

Magic Mountain would make way more money with a normal Holiday in the Park with guests roaming around in a normal year, but I think drive thru holiday events would work well for parks that are normally closed in the winter because its too cold like Cedar Point. All these parks would have to do is plow their pathways and decorate their parks and let people pay money to drive their cars through the parks. Even parks that are open in the winter like Magic Mountain could have the drive thru option for slower weeknights when their parks would normally be closed or dead but could be worth staffing minimally for having people drive their cars through. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't think it was.  I know some recent drone footage showed some of the roof being removed, but I thought it was more for repairs. 

I mean, their app is really unreliable, and probably even more so now since it's basically useless until the park reopens.  Even in the off chance it is being removed, I think the ride not appearing on the app is incidental.