TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Let's face it...these people don't know anything about theme parks and  have an old fashioned, outdated outlook on how they run. I think they picture things going on at parks that simply aren't happening, such as a crowd of a thousand people all standing in the same area (like an outdoor concert). And they're too elitist to spend more than 5 minutes thinking about it (and I don't mean politically,  but socially).

An outside source will need to intervene for this to change. At 25 percent capacity? I feel safer at a theme park than my own home sometimes.

The only way these parks will ever open is to take this to court. Obviously, the governor and his "task force" haven't got a clue. I hope they had a nice visit to Florida. They didn't learn anything. These are unrealistic targets to achieve before opening the park. This whole thing is just sad. So many peoples lives being effected.

Recall Newsom Now!

• Like 1

I really feel for the California parks and people.  Trust me, I'm the first to admit that our Florida governor is an idiot and slightly terrifying in his loyalty to Trump but even our very democratic county and democratic county/city leaders looked at the science, listened to the health department and found a safe way to open up the parks.  The parks are also being very responsible (well, the large ones!) and going above and beyond the governors loose guidelines. 

It's ridiculous and just completely asinine to keep some of the California parks closed while allowing some to operate under weird loopholes.

Getting back on track for this thread, SFMM barely has anything indoor anyways and would be super safe to operate!

• Like 2

Unless they somehow win the lawsuit, next MAY is now what's being circulated in the break room so that by then most people will be hopefully vaccinated. Too much liability if some sick person comes in and spreads it however which way.; they'll just have to spend all that money to ramp up and shut down again. There's no ride manual for COVID. They are also going to need a huge amount of security staff and cameras because people tend to let their guards down around their friends i.e. all the young guests and somehow they've gotta keep this under control. You know how respectful people were and appropriate acting before COVID 🤪. It's going to be really weird how things work and damn hard to make sure people don't hoard together in queues as it's always been. And the indoor rides are apparently on the back burner when they re-open, which really sucks because everyone loves that air conditioning in the Valencia summer months They don't want a post-holiday spike. Who knows what'll actually happen from D.O.H. It's the definition of insanity for a SFMM-sized park to be closed for 15 months and sit empty. Except for those drunk kids who climbed the SkyTower

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, mts said:

Unless they somehow win the lawsuit, next MAY is now what's being circulated in the break room so that by then most people will be hopefully vaccinated. Too much liability if some sick person comes in and spreads it however which way.; they'll just have to spend all that money to ramp up and shut down again. There's no ride manual for COVID. They are also going to need a huge amount of security staff and cameras because people tend to let their guards down around their friends i.e. all the young guests and somehow they've gotta keep this under control. You know how respectful people were and appropriate acting before COVID 🤪. It's going to be really weird how things work and damn hard to make sure people don't hoard together in queues as it's always been. And the indoor rides are apparently on the back burner when they re-open, which really sucks because everyone loves that air conditioning in the Valencia summer months They don't want a post-holiday spike. Who knows what'll actually happen from D.O.H. It's the definition of insanity for a SFMM-sized park to be closed for 15 months and sit empty. Except for those drunk kids who climbed the SkyTower

If the state sticks to major parks being in the yellow tier, May is optimistic unless an effective vaccine launches before then.  less than 1 case per 100k people in a county with a population of 10 million just isn’t feasible right now.

• Like 1

I received an email from Knott's today asking Californians to help reopen the parks by messaging the governor.  It took me only a couple of minutes to copy and paste some stuff, so it is super easy, and please try to help out too.

https://reopencaamusementparks.com/

"California Parks Are Ready to Reopen Responsibly

California Attractions and Parks Association is the only statewide association that represents the permanent amusement park industry. The association was incorporated in 2003 and opened offices in Sacramento in February 2004.

CAPA serves as the voice of the attractions and amusement industry, working closely with legislators and regulators on issues of regulation, tourism, and ride safety. 

CAPA is also the industry's information source, providing updates on ride inspections, reporting requirements, and legislation that has the potential to impact our industry.

Sign the letter and let Governor Gavin Newson know that California parks are ready to reopen responsibly. "

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If Gavin Newsom eventually changes his mind on this and sends people back out to other parks around the country before releasing guidelines then Six Flags had better hope and pray that they don't go to a Six Flags park or this place won't be allowed to open for a year. If they do open and they check up on it, they'll get shut down again immediately. Just setting expectations here...

PS: Knott's, Disney and Universal should absolutely be allowed to open though. I just don't care of Six Flags is allowed to open because they've shown time-and-time-again that they have no intention of enforcing any of their covid policies at any of their parks. They just made them up to trick each state into letting them open. This park opening would honestly be a PR problem for the other parks in the region and a bad look for the industry unless it's drastically different than every other park in the chain which I don't anticipate at all.

• Like 2

Please reopen California’s amusement parks! 

21 hours ago, SoCalJasonland said:

I received an email from Knott's today asking Californians to help reopen the parks by messaging the governor.  It took me only a couple of minutes to copy and paste some stuff, so it is super easy, and p

Done, thanks for the help on this. I don't think it'll do much good, but I did my part! I really miss Magic Mountain!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they are setting up for Holiday in the Park according to this video show by Santa Clarita Drone. 

0:00 - Holiday in the Parking coming? Decorations say possibly. 

1:42 - Raptor area, no visible construction

3:03 - Construction in front of ticket booths. Temperature check area?

3:35 - Random park shots

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/events/holiday-in-the-park

Holiday in the Park Drive-thru Experience

Select nights November 20-January 3

Six Flags Magic Mountain lights up the holidays for Holiday in the Park Drive-thru Experience

‘TIS THE SEASON FOR A HOLIDAY LIGHT SPECTACULAR

For the first time ever at Six Flags Magic Mountain, experience millions of lights, festive holiday theming, and seasonal music favorites in a drive-thru nighttime spectacular, Holiday in the Park Drive-thru Experience. Beginning at 6pm on select evenings November 20 – January 3 , make merry memories as the park transforms into a magical winter wonderland with millions of colorful lights. While the thrill of coasters will have to wait, you’ll be dazzled by all the wonderful sights and sounds of the holiday season from the comfort of your car. 

Dates:  November 20-29, December 4-6, 11-13, 18-31 , January 1-3

Holiday in the Park Drive-thru Experience will include eight distinctly different areas throughout the park with millions of twinkling lights choreographed to festive music, beloved holiday characters decked out for the holidays, iconic Holiday in the Park decorations, and a drive-by featuring Santa and his elves. New this year, go for a ride in The Underground featuring several of the famous West Coast Customs show cars on display.

SAFETY GUIDELINES

The following safety guidelines are based off the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health Appendix G in conjunction with Six Flags Magic Mountain policies. Your safety and the safety of others is a shared responsibility during COVID-19. All participants of the Vehicle-Based Parade route must adhere to the following safety guidelines:

All occupants of each enclosed vehicle are members of a single household or living unit. Occupants may not change vehicles during the parade route. For clarity, an enclosed vehicle does not include a motorcycle, a convertible with the top open, a vehicle without doors or a bicycle.

If any of the windows on a vehicle is open, the occupants of the vehicles must wear a face covering when approached by Six Flags Personnel, Security or Emergency Services.

Occupants of a participating vehicle cannot leave their vehicles except for emergency purposes. During this exception, the participant must use a cloth face covering while maintaining social/physical distancing.

Participating vehicles cannot exceed their maximum occupancy and must follow motor vehicle laws.

Vehicle-Based Parade must proceed by invitation/reservation only.

Any items or food and drink related trash must remain in the vehicle.

Vehicle-Based Parade must allow enough spacing between vehicles to allow for emergency entry and exit.

While traveling throughout the Vehicle-Based Parade route, the speed limit is 3 mph.

Restrooms are provided prior to entering the Vehicle-Based Parade route and at the conclusion of the route. In-Park restrooms are not available.

No stopping or parking along the Vehicle-Based Parade route is permitted unless directed by Six Flags Personnel, Security or Emergency Services.

Smoking is not permitted while participating in the Vehicle-Based Parade route.

All vehicles are subject to a search by Six Flags Personnel, Security or Emergency Services.

Due to the limited size of certain areas and terrain only cars, SUV’s, vans and pick-up trucks are permitted. No buses, RV’s, commercial vehicles, dually pick-up trucks, trailers, motorcycles etc.

Please adhere to the direction of Six Flags Personnel, Security or Emergency Services.

Alcohol, drugs and illegal substances are not permitted. Individuals in possession or under the influence will be denied entry or ejected.

ONLINE TICKETS & RESERVATIONS

Online reservations will be required and tickets must be purchased in advance at sixflags.com. A limited number of cars will be allowed each night so be sure to make your reservation and purchase early.  Admission tickets for this first-ever experience will be sold on a per person basis for each night, with a minimum of two individuals per vehicle required. Members and Season Pass Holders can use their valid pass for free admission, along with a required reservation made online in advance. Admission prices will vary by day. Tickets will not be available for sale at the park and all reservations must be made in advance.

Make Reservations

Special Holiday in the Park Drive-thru Experience food and gift packages will also be available for purchase online in advance and will be delivered to guest cars when they present their purchase voucher at the parking lot entrance.

HOLIDAY SWEETS & TREATS

Our holiday snack packs and merchandise bundles include sweets and treats that are perfect for sharing and taking home a piece of this unique event. All pre-purchased items will be delivered directly to your vehicle during the drive-thru experience. 

Holiday Snack Pack (up to 4 people)

4 cups of hot chocolate

1 dozen tasty holiday cookies

2 bags of tasty candy

1 large buttery popcorn & souvenir bucket

Holiday Merchandise Bundles

To tie in the merriment, all holiday merchandise bundles will be delivered in a special Holiday in the Park drawstring bag. As an added bonus for every merchandise bundle purchased, a Holiday Buddy Bear will be donated to charities throughout the Los Angeles area to children for the holiday season.

4 Holiday in the Park themed face masks

4 holiday light-up necklaces

4 holiday 3D light glasses that add a bonus element to this unique experience

Handmade Coaster Candy Fudge 

1.5lb assorted holiday flavors made fresh daily at Six Flags Magic Mountain

Flavors include: chocolate, rocky road, raspberry dream, peppermint bark, cookie dough, and mint chocolate swirl

Holiday Funnel Cake

Indulge in a Six Flags powdered sugar funnel cake made fresh throughout the night and delivered directly to your vehicle near the end of the event route

Buy Holiday Treats & Sweets

• Like 1

I cant bring myself to pay $20 for SFMM, but I applaud them on trying something unique for the market!

The route it takes is surely going to cause some issues from dumb guests with the hills and tree roots that will serve as speed bumps...

E1A05A19-847F-4E96-94BD-41097CE30DB7.jpeg

• Like 1

Part of me: I live 110 miles from the park. Is it really worth it to drive all the way there, see some lights, and drive all the way back. 4+ hours out of the day for that? Nice that it's free for active members though, and definitely appealing to those who live very close.

The other park of me: When else in my life will I EVER get the chance to drive through the theme park?

I can totally be talked into driving down from Vegas to do this.  The wife loves Christmas and the fact they're letting you drive through the park instead of the parking lot makes a huge difference.  I've done a few drive-through Christmas light things before and they're always lackluster.  Here in Vegas they do one at the NASCAR track, back in Jersey they did it at the PNC Arts Center, but both are just large cheesy displays thrown onto an asphalt wasteland.  This could be a lot of fun!

Holy crap I'm actually singing praise to SFMM.  2020 just keeps throwing the curveballs, eh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2