TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ You know they would have, failure to provide adequate security measures or some nonsense like that on the park's side of things.

Six flags would have settled too after putting out the initial “we will fight this and can’t comment any further” statement. The reason ambulance chasing lawyers exist is because they know big companies are afraid of discovery. No park wants lawyers digging through all their records.

There is nothing new or exciting to report.

The Harbor won't see a visitor this year.

The rides are all mostly fine.

Something new is being built.

The fact those kids were able to climb Sky Tower the other day demonstrates the current level of security. There are about 5 understandably sleepy guards in the deserted park. I don't think the Sheriff substation is even staffed presently.

s13200921121.thumb.jpg.2f97dee9e1ca912f32deb2d4338322dd.jpg

November 15th is now the latest sign-up-able ETA per the online internal schedule. Who knows? This is right after the election. They've already cancelled hundreds of shifts, so fasten your seatbelts and safety harnesses. The good news. The park will be so clean your head will spin. Wait until you see the restrooms! Superman will be closed due to the already stanky tunnel. Along with rides with inside queues. (currently under going discussion/re-design). Stand by.

November 15th is now the latest sign-up-able ETA per the online internal schedule. Who knows? This is right after the election. They've already cancelled hundreds of shifts, so fasten your seatbelts and safety harnesses. The good news. The park will be so clean your head will spin. Wait until you see the restrooms! Superman will be closed due to the already stanky tunnel. Along with rides with inside queues. (currently under going discussion/re-design). Stand by.

It will stay clean for a grand total of 5 minutes once it reopens.

In terms of covid, I actually think SFMM will be one of the safer parks. Outdoor/outside ventilation is one of the major factors to being safe, and nearly all their rides are outside already.

Again, in terms of covid, I'm going to feel a lot safer at SFMM than, say, Disneyland. When that places opens up, it'll be a madhouse (and even if they limit entry with reservations, I personally am not going to count on other guests practicing social distancing), and nearly every attraction is indoors there.

Similar for Universal, although I do think they'll mostly be able to handle mask wearing and social distancing more a little better, since their fan base isn't quite a ravenous. Knott's falls inbetween, but I think will mostly be pretty safe.

The tradeoff with Six Flags parks vs Disney Parks is that at Disney Parks compliance with masks and social distancing is excellent compared to any other major park and cast members enforce it but there are more things that are indoors.

At Six Flags, the lines on the ground are just there for decoration and by late afternoon 50% of park guests have the masks off completely or under their noses and the park is too understaffed and the employees don't get paid enough to care. Queue lines pack tight like they always do with no distancing whatsoever and you spend much more time in them because rides run at 50% so the park can pretend to care about social distancing BUT everything is outdoors so despite guests ignoring all covid rules... that may make up for it. Obviously the science is still working through all of that.

I mean... maybe Magic Mountain will be different but if I would have picked any area of the country where I felt like guests would take covid seriously it would be the New York metro area and Great Adventure has done the most atrocious job of enforcing their policies of any park I've been to all summer and it's not close. That said, in both scenarios theme parks are not a major covid risk.

There is nothing new or exciting to report.

The Harbor won't see a visitor this year.

The rides are all mostly fine.

Something new is being built.

The fact those kids were able to climb Sky Tower the other day demonstrates the current level of security. There are about 5 understandably sleepy guards in the deserted park. I don't think the Sheriff substation is even staffed presently.

In regards to something new being built, Can you give us any clues or let us know what it might be?

Whoever has the drone will probably get first sight NDA. Construction is going really slow. Neal was always super hands on. Now it's in limbo who the hell's even running the mountain.

I know you can't tell us but if I was invited to the park next week to tour the old Green Lantern station for some reason, should I invest in a hard hat or has that single-rail RMC been sold to some water park?

Did anyone else get a SF Membership email offering to pause their membership until "the park re-opens in the spring"? Not sure if it's a blanket email for all the closed parks (which I know are mostly seasonal) or a true indication that SFMM will be closed for several months more.

I got it too. I think it was generic for all six flags parks. I just can’t see Magic Mountain staying closed if all the other parks are able to reopen. Who knows though, Newsome seems to be in no hurry to reopen California parks....

My roommate got an email yesterday offering a free upgrade to Platinum through the end of 2022 if he doesn’t pause, plus a free extension of the membership for every month the park has been closed. Dang.

^ So you're essentially confirming that not all future projects are completely stalled for the park at the moment? That's good to hear, I was hoping things are still moving behind the scenes there

It is absolutely moving forward. They'll announce soon. 2021

^ So you're essentially confirming that not all future projects are completely stalled for the park at the moment? That's good to hear, I was hoping things are still moving behind the scenes there

It is absolutely moving forward. They'll announce soon. 2021

Cool, looking forward to that.

Did anyone else get a SF Membership email offering to pause their membership until "the park re-opens in the spring"? Not sure if it's a blanket email for all the closed parks (which I know are mostly seasonal) or a true indication that SFMM will be closed for several months more.

Yes...

I posted about it in the SF Corporate thread... It was company wide as I am a member at SFGAm...

I got it and I'm a SFA passholder and it's OPEN. Don't ask me why.

Virtually all shifts through 1.5.2021 except essentials have just been removed from the sign up schedule. This is NOT an official announcement by any means and do not cite me. Draw your own conclusions. So... Holiday in the park(ing) lot? Maybe. Sounds awesome. I'd make alternate plans if this was your holiday plan. Sorry

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 10:21 PM, mts said:

Virtually all shifts through 1.5.2021 except essentials have just been removed from the sign up schedule. This is NOT an official announcement by any means and do not cite me. Draw your own conclusions. So... Holiday in the park(ing) lot? Maybe. Sounds awesome. I'd make alternate plans if this was your holiday plan. Sorry

Any updates from around the park? I rag on SF sometimes, but I so miss this park!

I really miss the park too. This year has totally made me realize how much I take parks for granted.

Holiday in the Park is my favorite time of the year at SFMM. It's a bummer they probably won't open until next year. Thanks Newsom.

Also, this park and Universal (the two in LA County) will probably be last to open in SoCal. I can see SeaWorld, Disney, and Knott's all opening first. But at this point, I'm not holding my breath for anything before springtime.