TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

So I guess if you are mad that Sixflags (who does not have Disney money) is still charging you, well have fun riding no rollercoasters in the future because Sixflags will be going bankrupt.

Nostradamus who?

instead cedar fair?

^^ I just found out from a friend and did it, you can "pause" your 6 Flags membership. If you already paid for April (I did on 4/1), it's non refundable. I've got a diamond, deluxe dining and platinum flash pass. You won't get the upgrades they spoke of but I'm good with that. It will automatically activate when the park reopens. I'm looking forward to that. You do this from your member portal.

Not sure if this was in place when this guy decided to sue. I just received email confirmation from 6 Flags that my membership is paused not cancelled. This is a perfect solution in my opinion!

Please corona go away and open the park soon...

Somebody filed a permits request and got the permits for Magic mountain's 2021 addition: A slightly extended Jersey Devil clone. Potentially leading to Tidal Waves removal. Hopefully corona doesn't derail this too much, though it's probably too far through the process to cancel now anyway

[youtu_be]https://youtu.be/WYYJQOaZHIo[/youtu_be]

Hopefully corona doesn't derail this too much, though it's probably too far through the process to cancel now anyway

It will always be MUCH cheaper to cancel a project that is only at an earlier stage of design and planning than it would be to move forward with the project.

At this point, unless a ride is 1/2 to 3/4 of the way completed, I would assume everything is either cancelled or significantly delayed until all these theme park companies know how this virus is going to affect attendance moving forward.

Don't forget... even Disney let a partially completed Disney World resort project sit dormant for a decade after 9/11.

I live all the way on the East Coast, but I still want to come visit after the Canola Virus is over. Except there's no way in hell you'll be seeing me do X2.

I plan to! One trip I had to cancel can't be done a later date, so I got a free flight to use basically and was thinking of CA later this year. Why not X2? If you haven't, gotta least give it a try! I still am not sure quite how I feel about it, but it's an experience. I did greatly prefer the S&S free spin though.

Good point Robb, a downer to think about but we do have to prepare for that possibility.

To the chagrin of many all these parks are "corporations" even the small family ones we love. They aint charities run for us lol (though I wish!)

I live all the way on the East Coast, but I still want to come visit after the Canola Virus is over. Except there's no way in hell you'll be seeing me do X2.

Inside seat, sit towards the front, and you will enjoy the ride. I prefer the stair side. It is awesome. I have almost 150 laps on it, and I pretty much just sit in the very front or very back. It is in my Top 5. I highly recommend it!

It seems that every time official documents are leaked, there are still people who yell, “the plans are fake!” When’s the last plans like these were found that didn’t turn out to be 100% accurate?

Orion, Candemonium, Valravn, Mystic Timbers... I suppose there will always be those who live in denial.

Looks like there may be a small wave turn tacked on at the end leading into the brakes. Hope this happens, although as others have stated I won't be surprised if it's delayed or canceled.

It seems that every time official documents are leaked, there are still people who yell, “the plans are fake!” When’s the last plans like these were found that didn’t turn out to be 100% accurate?

Orion, Candemonium, Valravn, Mystic Timbers... I suppose there will always be those who live in denial.

People still think COVID-19 is fake.. soo....

I find this interesting. Obviously plans like this are done well in advance, but I am curious to see if this actually happens in 2021 or gets pushed back to 2022 due to circumstances with the COVID-19.

What are the odds they reuse the Green Lantern name?

I'd say they aren't lazy enough to do that, but Six Flags Over Texas just replaced an Aquaman ride with an Aquaman ride. And they did keep the Green Lantern sign up as of my visit in December.

New for 2022: Green Lantern - Second Flight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fix'd. Let's be realistic here.

I'd love for this to be named Green Lantern: Second Flight, but we can't rule out them literally reusing Green Lantern: First Flight since Six Flags Over Texas transferred the Harley Quinn Spinsanity name from their troika to their tourbillion one offseason.

^I think it is entirely possible for them to re-use Green Lantern: First Flight. I think the Joker is also a possible theme.

But yeah, SFMM couldn't even open WCR before the end of the year. Given this pandemic, I would be extremely shocked if this new coaster opens by summer 2021.

^I think it is entirely possible for them to re-use Green Lantern: First Flight. I think the Joker is also a possible theme.

But yeah, SFMM couldn't even open WCR before the end of the year. Given this pandemic, I would be extremely shocked if this new coaster opens by summer 2021.

Unlike WCR, they don't need to demo an entire area of the park for this attraction. All the electrical, station, and queue is already in place, leftovers from Green Lantern.

If they move forward with this, I see it going up extremely quick. Look how fast Jersey Devil is being built.