TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Hopefully because of all we’re currently going through, people will realize that being offended and outraged over things that literally do not matter is a complete waste of time.

Amen. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen though.

^ That's fine, call me dumb all you want. These things do happen though and they do affect the industry.

https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2010/10/08/advocates-criticize-cedar-point-haunted-house

I have consistently tried to offer insightful and relevant commentary (Including single-handedly calling the closing of Indiana Beach long before anyone else did and being disbelieved for it) There are stupid people in the world and this is exactly the type of thing that would offend them. A roller-coaster themed to a virus-induced post apocalyptic escape is not going to be a good look at all.

I never said anyone was offended. I was implying that maybe current circumstances may enlighten people in the future that getting offended by dumb crap (i.e. the “theme” of a roller coaster) is a waste of time and there are much more important things that they could spend their time and energy on.

^ And they'll probably cut that "distance thing" to....one metre apart.

I remember when we used to (literally) pile up on each other in the liquor store! They've

since changed that to a single, snaking queue. But still. This could prove a plus.

I will say I have had faith in the progress of humanity through Black Friday. You don’t see people physically fighting over TV’s and Game Consoles quite as much as you used to, at least by my own empirical evidence.

63909be36f588dbe0357fd2950290f8a.jpg

Disappointing, but not surprising given Pres. Trump’s announcement yesterday and the way things have been going. Hopefully these parks will be able to re-open by Memorial Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question about drinking alcohol in the park. I only know of two designated places to buy and drink alcohol and that’s the full throttle bar and the beer garden by justice league. Are these the only two places you can drink in the park?? If so, where could you drink before as both of these were built in the last 7 years?

Quick question about drinking alcohol in the park. I only know of two designated places to buy and drink alcohol and that’s the YOLOcoaster bar and the beer garden by justice league. Are these the only two places you can drink in the park?? If so, where could you drink before as both of these were built in the last 7 years?
There are a few other places I can think of. Ace Of Clubs (between Riddler and Tidal Wave) and Food Etc (next to Goliath) both sell beer and Lime-A-Ritas.

There is also a new beer stand next to Johnny Rocket’s, with an adjoining beer jail with tables and chairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question about drinking alcohol in the park. I only know of two designated places to buy and drink alcohol and that’s the YOLOcoaster bar and the beer garden by justice league. Are these the only two places you can drink in the park?? If so, where could you drink before as both of these were built in the last 7 years?

Magic Mountain only started selling beer when the Yolo chicken wing place/sports bar opened in 2013. Before then, there was no alcohol in the park.

What's now the YOLO Bar was Mooseburger Lodge for many years, and before that it was the Timbermill Restaurant. It's one of the park's oldest buildings.

I thought Vortex was "kind of good", but maybe that's because I read Bill's review of it beforehand and knew to brace for the "wild mouse" turn into the mid-course brake run. It wasn't outstanding, but it wasn't terrible either. The first drop was great, but I found the rest of the first half pretty lackluster. The second half provided some decent hangtime.

Viper does basically everything Vortex did, but without the sharp turn and with more intensity through the first half - especially on crowded days, when it runs full trains. It's a fun ride, and the park does a great job of maintaining it.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/10/six-flags-sued-monthly-charges-during-covid-19-pandemic/

Suing six flags? My personal opinion on this is that you are not a true rollercoaster enthusiast and greedy. You can cancel anytime you want. But if you cancel, i do not believe you deserve any of the benefits.

I love that I am getting free extra months on top of this and free upgrade to Platinum for only $9.95 a month. I will gladly continue paying my monthly fees.

What are people complaining about? Am I missing something.

So I guess if you are mad that Sixflags (who does not have Disney money) is still charging you, well have fun riding no rollercoasters in the future because Sixflags will be going bankrupt.