TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Metro Red Line—North Hollywood 757 Express route:

From Downtown Los Angeles, take the Metro Red Line to the North Hollywood Station. Then take the North Hollywood 757 Express bus to the McBean Regional Transit Station (MRTC). From there connect to a Santa Clarita Transit routes 3 & 7 to Six Flags Magic Mountain.

Didn't know they had public transportation routs on their site! And they are accurate as that is the route I took. If I had to gripe it would be about having to transfer twice but I literally got off one bus onto the other with no time in between. I definitely recommend it if you have at least 2 hours before and after the park to spare.

West Coast Racers apparently ran a test launch on the yellow side last night. The train reached the first hill and then rolled back into the station.

I’m at the park right now. There are some guys working on the LSMs on the yellow launch, but I haven’t seen any test runs so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^Not sure if you’re trolling? It’s a decently long ride with 4 launches and basically two rides in one.

Not trolling at all, the povs looked short and only 25 sec

I have lots of "short" coasters that are amongst my favorites. So again, your point makes no sense.

I don't know why so many are excited to have west coast racers open, it's a 10 sec ride. Lol

There are plenty of short rides out there that are frequently in people’s “Top 10 lists.” IE: Outlaw Run (Roughly 33 seconds from leaving the lift to hitting the brake run.) Top Thrill Dragster (Roughly 17 seconds from Launch to hitting the brake run.) Kingda Ka (similar to TTD.) And those are just the first 3 that came to mind.... There’s plenty more out there.

Maybe it’s just me.... But I feel like you’re complaining just to complain... Without a valid complaint.

Magic Mountain really seems to care about Viper, with the recent major refurb, the wheels it seems like they really are trying to keep the last megalooper running. I applaud them, Vortex and GASM were my #1 and 2 coasters, because I can't lie I really love arrows and I worry about Viper, but it seems like it might just be around for another while!

West Coast Racers is testing this evening. MrAmusementMedia on Instagram posted a couple of videos of trains being launched on the yellow side. It looks like a crazy fun ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk