TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Not to be too flippant, but when WCR opens, it will be the park's only dueling coaster.

Sadly, Twisted Colossus is more of a coaster that duels every once in a while... By accident.

And what makes you think they'll do any better of a job timing the dispatches on this one?

WCR is being programmed to dispatch both trains at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to be too flippant, but when WCR opens, it will be the park's only dueling coaster.

Sadly, Twisted Colossus is more of a coaster that duels every once in a while... By accident.

And what makes you think they'll do any better of a job timing the dispatches on this one?

WCR will almost always race, according to the park. This is for a couple reasons:

1. The “pit stop” feature allows the train to sit and wait for the other train to load, however long that takes. There is no “timing” involved.

2. Syncing up launches is way easier than syncing up lift hills, logically.

I think the only time this ride would not race is when it runs only two trains (which will happen eventually as we all know), in that case it would happen every other dispatch.

^ For the most part it's the general public's fault for no duel on TC. They insist on bringing on bags, and slow walk back to the train. Generally, the rideops try to make it duel, but people don't care! There's always the issue of the "fat guy bounce" too.

Yes, slowing down the second lift hill about 5 seconds would make it dual more frequently.

TC could duel every time too. Just slow that lift to a snail’s pace like Dueling Dragons used to. I swear it barely waits and then is like “eff it” and just speeds back up. It’s a very poor program.

It does slow down and wait until a certain point. If the train in the station dispatched before the second is halfway up the lift hill, it will stay slow so the other train catches up. Otherwise, it speeds up to normal.

^Weekdays, basically anytime between the end of HITP (early January) through Spring Break, are usually dead. Weekends are slightly more crowded, but are still not bad. One-train ops (and 2-train ops on TC) are typical during this time, but wait times usually aren’t more than a 2-train wait.

What ever happened to the massive parking lot solar panel project planned for SFMM that was announced back in February 2018?

Six Flags plans North America's largest solar carport at Magic Mountain

i remember when the slurry seal was done to the first part of the parking lot, many supporters were praising how fast they were starting on the project. lol

I hate being this person but since i have wanted to go to this park for about 20 years now. I will be going to Disneyland in October and have most of a full Sunday to explore LA,or talk my wife into going to Magic Mountain. The date would be Sunday October 13th. What would you expect the crowd level like on Sundays in October. I could get to the park at opem and would need to leave around 6 to get to LAX. Would Quick Q be needed? If so might be a deal breaker as i do not want to pay for it if i did not have to.

Thanks

^ What this guy said. It's a suicide mission. Then again, if you're doing Disney that Friday or Saturday, Sunday at Magic Mountain will seem like a ghost town.

Edit - Also, god help you at Disney.

What ever happened to the massive parking lot solar panel project planned for SFMM that was announced back in February 2018?

Six Flags plans North America's largest solar carport at Magic Mountain

Been wondering this myself. It's like they've totally forgotten.

In some classic Six Flags Magic Mountain irony, the project is supposedly being held up by permitting issues.

I don't know why the park can't seem to figure out permits, but Justice League, Crazanity, and WCR (the station) have all been held up by permitting issues. Even the Aftermath 2 maze in the back of the park was held up for the same reason and was never actually seen to completion.