TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Honestly wish Scream was leaving instead, that hunk of junk has injured me much more over the years than GL.

What? How do you manage to get hurt on Scream? It's one of the smoothest rides in the park!

It's not even in the top 10 smoothest rides in the park, head banging, rattle galore. I'm was dumbfounded when I rode Bizarro at Gradv, butter smooth and enjoyable. Not sure where B&M went wrong with this one...

If the train rattles through the track, then that is normally a maintenance issue and not a B&M issue. If you get a shopping cart at the grocery store and the bearings are bad or dirty on one wheel and the whole cart rattles and seizes up when you try to push it straight, you don't blame the ground; you get another cart. I have had many smooth rides on this, so if it was a track issue, the ride would be rough all the time.

many do blame b&m track. it's why b%m rattle is a thing after some years. scream today is one of the worst offenders. is it poor maintenance, track, or wheels, who knows, but scream is definitely not opening day smooth anymore. universal didn't just redo the entire track for the incredible hulk for no reason.

I personally could live with the rattle if they designed new trains without OTSRs. Revolution went from an F-rated coaster back to an A-rated coaster for me by removing the OTSRs. No one likes to be batted in the neck with a hard foam-padded bar throughout the ride. If the rattle alone killed me, I would have given up on wood coasters long ago.

Does anyone know if SFMM is selling 2020 Gold Season Passes yet? Discovery Kingdom is running a flash sale on 2020 passes, but I can only find 2019 passes on SFMM’s website.

EDIT: Never mind, just noticed the park emailed me about their flash sale about a week ago and it got buried in my emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if SFMM is selling 2020 Gold Season Passes yet? Discovery Kingdom is running a flash sale on 2020 passes, but I can only find 2019 passes on SFMM’s website.

EDIT: Never mind, just noticed the park emailed me about their flash sale about a week ago and it got buried in my emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i bought my food pass earlier.

for any other passholder looking to renew now...

https://sixflags.com/presale?fbclid=IwAR3bL8Z249_VcNZcUZC5iQUcd5LoTmPeVPJk_CjWUYXG--5YZmIXFy67hqg

password: ZOOM2020

Hey Guys, anyone have any experience with Labor Day Weekend at SFMM? Me and a buddy are thinking about heading there on Sunday and getting FL+ regardless but I may rethink if it's known to be a cluster this weekend... thanks!

Hey Guys, anyone have any experience with Labor Day Weekend at SFMM? Me and a buddy are thinking about heading there on Sunday and getting FL+ regardless but I may rethink if it's known to be a cluster this weekend... thanks!

Labor Day weekend at any park is going to be a nightmare. Sunday is typically the worst and Saturday isn't too far off. Monday tends to be pretty quite. (This coming from working at a park.) That being said if you get a Flash Pass, you will have a much better experience. How much? That you would have to find out. In my past experience I got a Platinum level at Great America on a Saturday with a BAFF on top and I was able to have an enjoyable day. Hopefully a local can get you more details, but either way expect the worst crowds of the season.

I know I'm in the 1%, but a little sad to see GL go. Mostly just because of the aesthetic it brought to that part of the park. Bright, compact, and decently themed. Also used to enjoy watching people coming off the ride with a total "wtf was that?!" look on their faces. Oh well lol

So what are the chances SFMM re-markets West Coast Racers as their 2020 attraction?

I'm joking (kinda), but I also think it's totally possible for them to do something like that...

Someone posted a few pages back about that happening with The Chiller at SFGAd. So, its not unlikely lol! But, I wouldn't necessarily expect it with SFMM being that it is the "flagship" park in the chain.

Maybe open by September, in time for WCB, perhaps?

#hopeful

Nope, January 2020. I honestly dont see how they can get this ride and the area its in ready by the end of 2019 they still have a ton of work to do.

#hopeful

Nope, January 2020. I honestly dont see how they can get this ride and the area its in ready by the end of 2019 they still have a ton of work to do.

I'm gonna say Columbus day weekend is looking likely. The foundation of the station was poured yesterday and was curing today. Station supports and track will PROBABLY (this is just a guess) go in Friday. The outside of most of the buildings are done with the exception of the candy shop, and Neil mentioned that Apocalypse and the Aftermath will be open for Fright Fest (Apocalypse was testing again today.)

#hopeful

Doubt it's going to take another 4 months, track work is complete.

#hopeful

Doubt it's going to take another 4 months, track work is complete.

True but they still have to do all the electrical work, testing, queue, and getting the new area done. It may not be January but I can see it being November or December.