TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Not to doubt anything, but where did you get the Sept 23rd date from? I've got flights booked and plans to visit SFMM sometime between Sept 27th-29th so that would be most welcome for me it to actually be open by then.

i only know of them saying west coast racers will open in summer. sept 23rd is the last day of summer. lol

Not to doubt anything, but where did you get the Sept 23rd date from? I've got flights booked and plans to visit SFMM sometime between Sept 27th-29th so that would be most welcome for me it to actually be open by then.

i only know of them saying west coast racers will open in summer. sept 23rd is the last day of summer. lol

To be fair, they didn't state summer in which hemisphere

To be fair, they didn't state summer in which hemisphere

With summer quickly approaching and West Coast Racers still obviously MONTHS away from opening, is there any chance they might make a path to Apocalypse so people will be able to ride it this summer?

No.

That crane looks like it's moving soooo slow. They'll never have this ride open ever. Plus, look at all that nasty dirt. You'd think Six Flags would at least clean the place up a bit. And don't get me started on how crooked that fence is. When it comes to fences, Six Flags is just the worst.

Good to see it's gone vertical! Thanks for posting, Joelwee! It looks like they're setting up the figure-8 ish bit first, presumably to get the go-kart track put back into place. It'll be interesting to watch how this thing's put together.

If some of the members of your party have a membership will they allow the entire party to use the member entrance? I have memberships for me and my wife and we'll be using a bring-a-friend ticket for my son. Was wondering if they'll let my son through with us or we're stuck using the main gate ?

If some of the members of your party have a membership will they allow the entire party to use the member entrance? I have memberships for me and my wife and we'll be using a bring-a-friend ticket for my son. Was wondering if they'll let my son through with us or we're stuck using the main gate ?

If your only non members are entering on the bring a friend deal, you can use member entrance, as they have to enter the park with you.

This afternoon I drove up to Valencia to check out Six Flags Magic Mountain’s latest thrill machine.

Crowds are usually pretty light this time of year, but seeing as this is the park’s newest ground-up coaster, I didn’t know what to expect queue-wise. Fortunately, I must’ve chosen a great day to visit—when I arrived at the ride, there wasn’t a single other person in line!

Excitedly, I ran up the entrance ramp and made my way to the front of the station. The ride op gave me a suspicious look (yes, some of us have weekdays off...give me a break?) but then proceeded to open the gates. I took a seat in the front row, pulled down my lap bar, and was off on my zen ride!

The coaster begins with an impressive 399cm lift hill. As you approach the top, you can see a portion of the surrounding area, but the chain moves too quickly to enjoy the view for long. Suddenly, the train is pulled to the right and dives toward the ground at a slight bank! This first drop reminded me a lot of Expedition GeForce’s—though I may not remember that one very well. The coaster then continues to the right as it rises into the second hill. As the train crests the top of this hill, you experience a pop of almost-airtime. Crazy! You descend again, this time twisting through a 360 degree helix, gaining speed as you approach the earth’s floor! This may be the most forceful part of the ride. Exiting the helix, the train traverses a straightaway element—similar to the one near the end of Millennium Force—where riders can truly appreciate the sense of speed. Then, the coaster rips to the right again, dropping slightly as it does, sending riders flailing into the side of their cars with insane lateral G’s! The train continues curving right, up, and into the station, and SLAMS into the brakes, showcasing the sheer power of the coaster.

Wow. What a ride. The operator asked over the speaker system if everyone would like to go again, but seeing as I was the only one on the train, I decided once was all I can handle, so he released the lap bars and I made my way to the exit.

I’m not great at rating systems, but let me just say that Speedy Gonzales Hot Rod Racers is one hell of a ride.

7E4A4EB4-32FE-4C73-9D67-D08DF191FD46.thumb.jpeg.da2cae045e820d3dad7e88fcebc549c8.jpeg

The onride photo booth is difficult to locate because it’s not marked and the employee doesn’t wear a uniform, but fortunately he found me and was able to sell me this picture for $20. What a Six Flags Day!

This afternoon I drove up to Valencia to check out Six Flags Magic Mountain’s latest thrill machine.

...but the chain moves too quickly to enjoy the view for long...

Rookie mistake, brah! Everybody knows Speedy uses a tire lift system, not a chain! What a loser!

(I did enjoy that post though lol)

Regarding WCR: *edit* I answered my own question doing a little searching lol.

Here is a photo I found of a good overall look at WCR and its layout, kind of explains where everythings going.

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-08-30%2Bat%2B11.43.29%2BAM.png

But thanks for the update photos everyone! I know this ride isn't going to be the greatest thing ever, but I do still enjoy seeing updates at SFMM my home park!

Edited by SteVeUrkle