TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Was hoping some of you might be able to give me some Magic Mountain advice. I am planning to go to the park either Friday or Saturday this week while in LA, but I'm unsure which is the better option. Saturday has much longer hours (open until 9 instead of 6), but I presume Friday will be much emptier. Anyone have any guesses how much less crowded it would be Friday, and on weekdays do they still typically run multiple trains on every coaster?

Many thanks!

Everything is open right now aside from obviously Apocalypse, Slingshot and the Go Karts (including Superman).

...not to mention the green Intamin paperweight next to Riddler and Batman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was hoping some of you might be able to give me some Magic Mountain advice. I am planning to go to the park either Friday or Saturday this week while in LA, but I'm unsure which is the better option. Saturday has much longer hours (open until 9 instead of 6), but I presume Friday will be much emptier. Anyone have any guesses how much less crowded it would be Friday, and on weekdays do they still typically run multiple trains on every coaster?

Many thanks!

For Friday there is a Outdoor Classroom event should be under 1,000 rug rats for that. Also of Friday the park is having a private event and is open until midnight sponsored by some radio stations so perhaps you can win a 4 pack or poke around and find someone that won a 4 pack but only is a couple and they have extra tickets. One of the radio stations giving away tickets is 104.3MyFM and generally several radio stations are taking over the park so poke around. As far as Saturday word on the street its a bring a free friend both Saturday and Sunday so heed the warning and poke your eyes out now. The BAFF might only be for people that bought passes or memberships during the Spring sale so again poke around for that. Found another thing and person is reselling a pair for Friday guess its moot point if you have a pass or membership.

may3rdsfmm.thumb.jpg.cd2f81cea3e86318459ba3338764780a.jpg

Edited by VTown661

I received this in a Magic Mountain enewsletter.

ONE TIME OFFER: Eat at the Park All Year for $34.99

This is an exclusive online-only 2019 Basic Season Dining offer. It can only be redeemed online - not in the park. We reserve the right to check your ID when you pick up your Six Flags Season Dining Pass at the park to verify your purchase.

Would this only be good at Magic Mountain or would I be able to redeem at other Six Flags parks too? Also, if it's online only, why does it have to be picked up in person?

Yes, Magic Mountain only. You'll buy it online then go to the Season Pass processing place and show them the email you got when you bought it, and they'll add it to your season pass. It's a really good deal; we got it last year.

Yes, Magic Mountain only. You'll buy it online then go to the Season Pass processing place and show them the email you got when you bought it, and they'll add it to your season pass. It's a really good deal; we got it last year.

yep. . the offer ties to the park your pass was issued at.

if you don't live in the city, these offers sometimes show up via your pass/membership email newsletters (two years in a row we've bought the SFFT dining pass, as they just kept dropping the price - lower than what you see as an offer. . . so it was nuts NOT to buy it. you eat twice, and it's paid for itself).

so even if you're not a "regular" at MM, I'd jump on this deal if you go at least twice in the year.

I'm looking for some advice. I will be visiting the park for the first time on a Thursday/Friday in June.

Just looking for pointers for tackling the park. Goal is to hit up all the major coasters plus Lex Luthor. The plan is to not purchase Flash Pass, but it's always an option in the back pocket if we get desperate. I assume the park will be manageable over two days.

Other than the coasters, are there any rides or attractions that I shouldn't miss?

Any food recommendations for places that accept the all-season dining plan (ideally something beyond the standard chicken fingers, pizza, hamburger - I know, I know, it's Six Flags)?

I plan to use my one-time Flash Pass from my Platinum Membership. Which ride would make the best use of this, based on lines, merge points, etc.? My first thought was X2, unless someone has a better suggestion.

Is Apocalypse to remain closed until WCR opens?

Any other insight is appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Unfortunately they do not allow you to use your membership skip-the-line passes on X2. I would recommend using it on Twisted Colossus since it's the park's best attraction and usually has one of the three longest lines; however, this line tends to move fast if all the trains are going. The other one to consider is Full Throttle since that one has a painfully slow moving queue and always seems to have a 45-60 minute wait.

One note about Flash Pass at this park is that they only allow you to use it once on Full Throttle, Twisted Colossus, and X2. It's a bummer since those are the rides most people want to reride. For X2, the line tends to die down by mid-afternoon.

Lex Luthor has a single rider line by the exit. Riddler's Revenge has one too; you need to follow the Flash Pass line and there's a minimally marked staircase by the station building for the single rider line. I think Viper has a single rider line too but I've never seen a need to use it. Revolution used to have one by the exit, but it wasn't available in my December visit.

For food, I like the gyro place over by Goliath. It's something I wasn't expecting from a Six Flags park and it was pretty good. I remember them giving a boatload of fries too.

I'm looking for some advice. I will be visiting the park for the first time on a Thursday/Friday in June.

Just looking for pointers for tackling the park. Goal is to hit up all the major coasters plus Lex Luthor. The plan is to not purchase Flash Pass, but it's always an option in the back pocket if we get desperate. I assume the park will be manageable over two days.

The park can definitely be done in two days, especially during the week. On a summer weekend.... forget it.

I believe this park offers early entry for membership holders, but I'm not completely sure as I couldn't find any info on the park website, and I stopped paying attention to it after they stopped offering it for Gold Season Pass holders - which is what I have. Maybe someone else can chime in on this.

Anyway, get there as early as possible. X2, Full Throttle, CraZanity, and Superman have the four longest waits in the park, so knock them out as soon as possible when you get there. As you're walking up from the parking lot, watch X2 to see if it is testing. If so, head straight there once you get into the park. Then, head up the hill to Superman and then down to CraZanity, since these rides probably won't have built up long waits yet. Full Throttle, on the other hand, will probably have an hour wait by this point so, on your second day, head straight for Full Throttle at park opening.

From there, just make a big circle around the park. You could skip the rides with single rider lines (Viper, Riddler, and Lex Luthor) and come back to them later, as the SRLs are not well marked and few people seem to know about them. I've been able to walk right on to Riddler on crowded Saturdays using the SRL - and Viper almost never has more than a station wait, anyway.

You should be able to ride most - if not all - of the major coasters in one day, but it's good to plan for 2 days like you did.

Other than the coasters, are there any rides or attractions that I shouldn't miss?

This park doesn't have much besides coasters, but definitely check out CraZanity and Lex Luthor. CraZanity is probably the best giant frisbee I've ridden. While California's regulations can be pretty insane at times, one thing they've done right is allowed Magic Mountain to run their drop tower at the same time as the coaster it's attached to. *coughcoughGreatAdventure* It's pretty eerie to be on Lex Luthor while a car is dispatched on Superman.

I've also heard other enthusiasts comment that SFMM's Justice League is better than at some of the other parks. (I haven't ridden any of the others yet, so I can't speak from experience there.)

Any food recommendations for places that accept the all-season dining plan (ideally something beyond the standard chicken fingers, pizza, hamburger - I know, I know, it's Six Flags)?

Like Canobie said, definitely check out the gyro place next to Goliath (inside Food Etc.). Ace O' Clubs BBQ across from Justice League is also pretty tasty.

Also, there's a roasted corn stand between Green Lantern and Batman that just recently started allowing dining plan holders to redeem their snack there.

Is Apocalypse to remain closed until WCR opens?

That's the plan, unfortunately.

On a side note, if you are using membership for your front of the line passes, it does not include: X2, Superman, or Crazanity. I'd use it for FT or Tatsu... the line for TC generally moves pretty fast, especially if you get there early. I'd get to X2 ASAP, but also keep in mind it frequently has trouble opening with the park, and is frequently delayed by about 2o-30 minutes.

Revolution hasn't had SR in a long time. I think Viper may have removed theirs as well. But I would use it on Riddler and Drop of Doom.

When you say they only allow you to use Flash Pass once on those rides, do you mean once for each time you join the virtual queue or once for the entire day?

You only can use the Flash Pass on those riders once per day. It's definitely a bummer for those coming from a distance and a major reason why I want to make it to West Coast Bash at some point.

Went to the park today for a couple of hours figuring it'd be one of the last days of pre-summer ERT. Although it was hardly busy, it was more crowded than I anticipated and the park was running minimal ops (so I assume it was more crowded than they anticipated as well). Several of the rides I usually marathon on days like this had lines that kept me from riding at all. For example, the Goliath line was down the steps and around the back of the station. With only one train running, I figured that was probably a good 30-minutes so I bailed. Rode Riddler for the first time in eons (I've never liked that ride, and the last time I rode it, it was a headbanging nightmare). No headbanging this time but it was rough enough to give me an instant headache. Anyhow, when leaving the station, I noticed some of the new coaster track sitting there. Most of the track looks like it's stationed across the road from Scream, but these pieces looked ready to install.

IMG_3422.thumb.jpg.418b729a8ab110dab4c36b25d26e5d2c.jpg

New Coaster Track

410692126_IMG_3423copy.thumb.jpg.736d9dbd4f985b584ea1d795afcf34a3.jpg

New Coaster Track

Went to the park today for a couple of hours figuring it'd be one of the last days of pre-summer ERT. Although it was hardly busy, it was more crowded than I anticipated and the park was running minimal ops (so I assume it was more crowded than they anticipated as well).

[attachment=0]IMG_3422.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]IMG_3423 copy.jpg[/attachment]

With so many offers this week/month place should be packed.

Its a Bring a Friend Free until the 9th

Its get a friend in for $9.99

Its get a friend in for half price.

Check your app's to see which offers are available to you.

Heads up allow a few extra minutes going from the freeway up Magic Mountain Parky as major construction heading up the hill might make for a slight delay.

With summer quickly approaching and West Coast Racers still obviously MONTHS away from opening, is there any chance they might make a path to Apocalypse so people will be able to ride it this summer?

Negative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With summer quickly approaching and West Coast Racers still obviously MONTHS away from opening, is there any chance they might make a path to Apocalypse so people will be able to ride it this summer?

I'm pretty sure the ride goes over the entrance of Apocalypse, so I seriously doubt it. As far as I know, they're developing that whole area and re-tracking parts of Apocalypse (it looks like it has some work being done to it from a distance). Despite the continued "they're soooo far behind" refrain, they're well on the way to getting the ride complete by the projected ETA. Again, this is a small ride — low to the ground, shared supports, and basically just an oval. My guess is that the structure itself will be assembled much faster than people imagine once they move into that stage of construction.

Despite the continued "they're soooo far behind" refrain, they're well on the way to getting the ride complete by the projected ETA. Again, this is a small ride — low to the ground, shared supports, and basically just an oval. My guess is that the structure itself will be assembled much faster than people imagine once they move into that stage of construction.

I do think they'll be finished before September 23rd. but man, that area is just trashed right now. i'm probably dumb for doing so, but i'd assume all the buildings will be refreshed, and even the go kart pit painted as well. although the more days that go by without seeing any kind of work done on the buildings make me think nothing will be done to them.

hopefully they'll do a construction tour soon and we can find out more information.

i'm probably dumb for doing so, but i'd assume all the buildings will be refreshed, and even the go kart pit painted as well. although the more days that go by without seeing any kind of work done on the buildings make me think nothing will be done to them.

I could be wrong, but my guess is that they'll build the rollercoaster before they start repainting buildings and whatnot. And that's the stage they're at right now. They've done a good amount of work already in terms of clearing the area and getting the footers in place. It looks like the go-kart track has been stripped away to prepare for the last turn into the station as well. From the renders, it doesn't look like there's going to be a whole lot of new buildings in the area. In fact, it looks like there'll be fewer with more open seating and places to watch the coaster launch from.

Despite the continued "they're soooo far behind" refrain, they're well on the way to getting the ride complete by the projected ETA. Again, this is a small ride — low to the ground, shared supports, and basically just an oval. My guess is that the structure itself will be assembled much faster than people imagine once they move into that stage of construction.

I do think they'll be finished before September 23rd. but man, that area is just trashed right now. i'm probably dumb for doing so, but i'd assume all the buildings will be refreshed, and even the go kart pit painted as well. although the more days that go by without seeing any kind of work done on the buildings make me think nothing will be done to them.

Not to doubt anything, but where did you get the Sept 23rd date from? I've got flights booked and plans to visit SFMM sometime between Sept 27th-29th so that would be most welcome for me it to actually be open by then.