TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

If they get green Lantern and WCR open at the same time wouldn't they be the first park to hit the magic 20?

They'll wait to hit 20 before removing it, make a big deal about the fact that they're the first park to hit 20, remove GL and continue claiming they're the first park to hit 20 despite having 19.

I like Green Lantern more than most (I really love rides that are totally ridiculous and intense, even if painful), but I also wouldn't care too much if it is removed soon. I mean, I've survived just fine without it for almost two years.

A similar situation with the "coaster count" happened back in 2011. They add two coasters that year and surpassed Cedar Point's count, but proceeded to remove Deja Vu a few months later and ended up at a tie. Closed or open, as long as Green Lantern is standing there when WCR opens, I'm sure they can market their 20 coasters with the vast majority of people not really caring.

As long as they don't put in a Larson Super Loop in GL spot, almost anything would be an improvement. Maybe it will reopen later this summer? I am glad to see the extensive work being done on Apocalypse too actually. With Superman's "issues", the park definitely is refurb / build kind of year.

New for Six Flags St Louis Green lantern Chaos Coaster

I'm pretty sure I made a joke about this very thing happening in one of my first posts after signing up six years ago. Let's hope we didn't both have a premonition!

As long as they don't put in a Larson Super Loop in GL spot, almost anything would be an improvement. Maybe it will reopen later this summer? I am glad to see the extensive work being done on Apocalypse too actually. With Superman's "issues", the park definitely is refurb / build kind of year.

i'm still hoping for a shaded park bench and bringing back the lemonade icee stand.

What's the precedent for rides being SBNO for an extended period of time, then reopening?

Not saying a reopening can't happen... Just if it's starting to walk like a duck and quack like a duck....

I believe Freefall was closed for 2 years and then opened up again for a bit before going away (RIP best ride)

Man that is great to see some progress! But personally, I gotta say, I'm a little bit ashamed of myself.

I used to know SFMM like the back of my hand, I'd know where every photo was taken from, I used to know all the locations, but has it been...that long...since I've been to the park where I'm doubting myself where this photo was taken from?!

I don't know if anyone else will know but I'm gonna guess, next to where the SkyScreamer up-pay attraction was? And that building to the right is where they used to take the old timey photos that looked like you where in the Wild West? In my head that seems almost right, but I thought they demolished the old SkyScreamer area.

Green lantern is no more according to screamscape

Park News - (3/23/19) Screamscape was able to get an official statement from Six Flags Magic Mountain’s Sue Carpenter regarding the fate of the park’s Green Lantern coaster:

The Green Lantern: First Flight roller coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain is scheduled to be removed at a later, undetermined date to make room for future development. The park has no plans to open the ride before it is removed.

Six Flags Magic Mountain, the “Thrill Capital of the World,” continues to have an unparalleled world-class roller coaster collection. The park is open daily and will debut the world’s first dual racing launch coaster, West Coast Racers, later this year.

So there you have it… Green Lantern: First Flight is officially no more, and we will see the one and only Intamin ZacSpin coaster in the American continent removed. There are currently only three other such coasters, all located in Europe: Inferno at Terra Mitica, Insane at Grona Lund and Kirnu at Linnanmaki.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_magic_mountain.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calling it now: It’ll be replaced by an s&s free spin under the same name

I could definitely see them getting a free spin although I bet they would want to differentiate the two rides a bit considering how hated Green Lantern was.

I still am holding out hope another park would want to buy it and run it the way it was intended.

What was the difference between this one and the spin ones at other parks (like the Joker at Great Adventure). I went on both and found them to be pretty similar

They're built by different manufacturers. If you looked at pictures of them side by side you can see that they actually look virtually nothing alike, although I tend to agree with you that they give relatively similar ride experiences (unpopular opinion!). Neither are rides that I particularly enjoy, although I will say Joker was a little more refined and not AS painful as Green Lantern.

Edited by pǝʇɹǝʌuı