TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I had some questions on the Flash Pass and from past experience, I know the page on the Six Flags sites is sometimes not up-to-date.

1) Was Superman taken off the Flash Pass at Magic Mountain? I remember it used to be one time only with Platinum, but I no longer even see Superman on the page.

2) Is the upcharge fee of $15 gone for X2?

3) Are X2, YOLOcoaster, and Twisted Colossus still one time only? After seeing that for Twisted Cyclone on the site and then discovering they allowed unlimited rides, I wanted to check.

4) Is CraZanity on the Flash Pass? I don't see it listed, but I saw a few posts mentioning they went up the exit.

I plan to gauge crowds before buying one, but these could impact my plan of attack.

I was at the park on Thanksgiving for the first time and got the Gold FP.

1) Superman was closed but also not on the Flashpass

2) There was no fee for X2

3) These are all sadly 1 time rides

4) CraZanity is on the Flash Pass and will most likely be needed depending on the crowds. It was pulling a 70 minute wait.

Thank you! I'm definitely leaning towards buying one since I go to SFMM so infrequently, but I'll gauge crowds before picking the level.

I don't think I've ever used a Flash Pass for Superman when it was included, but was it as awkward to get riders into the station? As much as I love the stations on the Batman the Ride clones, the merge point is really awkward and feels like you're going in through a doorway for employees.

Filled out the new rides survey for SFMM today. Anyone know if the dive coaster questions were asked for all the Six Flags surveys or just specific to Magic Mountain?

It was asked for sure in St. Louis.

I chose “Step 90-Degree Drop” (sic) for my most important element, and it showed a video of an RMC Raptor - complete with a quarry wall and everything.

0db0c6133a5dd455042667a87bbdff86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Filled out the new rides survey for SFMM today. Anyone know if the dive coaster questions were asked for all the Six Flags surveys or just specific to Magic Mountain?

It was asked for sure in St. Louis.

I chose “Step 90-Degree Drop” (sic) for my most important element, and it showed a video of an RMC Raptor - complete with a quarry wall and everything.

0db0c6133a5dd455042667a87bbdff86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is acually a picture of wonder woman golden lasso coaster at fiesta texas... I got one for fiesta with the ride in question being a mack rides splash coaster thing

Heading into the park tomorrow for a few hours. Rain should have it cleaned up nice. Anything to look for as I'm sort of just taking a walk around and not so much into rides except Honda Express.

Check the status of Viper pretty please! I heard a rumour it's supposed to be back up in the next week or two!

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 1.46.08 PM.png[/attachment]

i was shown a Mack water coaster thing.

I sincerely hope Six Flags installs a bunch of these. Pulsar was WAY more fun than it has any right to be!

That ride badly needs a fresh coat of paint.

Call me crazy but I kinda like the faded red. Fits in a little better then bright red. If they do paint it, cream white with a muted red would be fine.

I'll say it again, Viper is a criminally underrated ride. It packs a really good punch on the back to back loops and at least where I rode was decently smooth. The only thing that was awful was the corkscrews which was due to excessive trimming right before them, not the fault of the ride. Corkscrews shouldn't be taken that slow.

Edited by ALT2870

I'll say it again, Viper is a criminally underrated ride... The only thing that was awful was the corkscrews which was due to excessive trimming right before them, not the fault of the ride. Corkscrews shouldn't be taken that slow.

Viper is in my top three at the park, but I also don’t get why the second half needs to be taken so slowly. The first half is balls to the walls intense. Viper at SFDL takes its batwing at a decent clip, and every other Arrow corkscrew is taken faster. Although maybe that’s part of its charm to me? As I said, I love the ride, and if the excessive trimming is a maintenance thing, I’ll gladly take a trimmed ride over Viper’s removal any day.

I'll say it again, Viper is a criminally underrated ride... The only thing that was awful was the corkscrews which was due to excessive trimming right before them, not the fault of the ride. Corkscrews shouldn't be taken that slow.

Viper is in my top three at the park, but I also don’t get why the second half needs to be taken so slowly. The first half is balls to the walls intense. Viper at SFDL takes its batwing at a decent clip, and every other Arrow corkscrew is taken faster. Although maybe that’s part of its charm to me? As I said, I love the ride, and if the excessive trimming is a maintenance thing, I’ll gladly take a trimmed ride over Viper’s removal any day.

Funny, because even though I LOVE all of Viper, I especially love the super slow corkscrews at the end. It's one of my favorite parts of the ride, along with the first drop and back to back loops.

Just goes to show everyone has different tastes.

Had a horrible experience at the park earlier. Viper was testing so I was just hanging around by the ride watching it.dI had a security guard come up to me out of nowhere, and accuse me of going under the chain and into the closed off/exit area. Which I absolutely did not. He then proceeded to tell me that since the ride was closed, I wasn't allowed to be anywhere near it. Including the OPEN walkway going past the ride. He had his name tag covered by one of those neon vest things so I wasnt able to get his name but I did make a complaint to guest services. I hope something is done about it as it was very offensive to me as someone who has been going anywhere between 1-3 times a week for the last three years.

Does anyone know why Twisted colossus is not operating on weekdays anymore? Today was my third visit since Sept with the ride closed.

There are rumors that it’s a straight budget cut but closing your best ride for staffing seems so unbelievably ridiculous that I feel like I’ll cut them some slack and assume that maybe they’re just doing some refurb or something.

We’re visiting in February and planned to do a day at Magic Mountain, a day at Disney and a few hours at Knott’s before we fly home but only that final day falls on a weekend. If anyone hears anything about this I’d be interested to know since if this becomes a semi permanent thing we’d probably just do the full day at Knott’s and hit Magic Mountain on the day we fly out since it’s a Saturday. I didn’t really want to cram the place into like 3 hours but it’s probably worth it to ride TC.

Has Scream been running on weekdays? If Scream is closed too then I'm guessing they're closing off that whole Screampunk area for staffing.

If they're running Scream, maybe they're doing some rehab work on Twisted Colossus? It opened 5 hours late two weekends ago and the employees at the entrance said it was down for a refurbishment when asked.