TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Also, do you lock in the price when you sign up for a membership? I.e. if I never cancel I will always pay $6.10 even 20 years from now, hypothetically?

pretty sure you're only locked in for the first year. at least with the old membership which i have, the price has increased a bit. i did start out around $5.25 i think and it's not $6.10. this is the third year going on four or something like that for me.

It says the pass needs to be redeemed by the end of October or else the gold upgrades go away. I want to see what exactly those are? It looked like hurricane harbor entry, parking and in park discounts? Anyone know exactly what?

Also what’s a typical one day entry cost to SFMM?

The only differences I could see between regular and gold season passes are parking and bonus friend ticket on select days. If you go to the Flash Sale and look under MEMBERSHIP VS PASS - A GUIDE at the top of the page, it will take you to a checklist of all the benefits for each level. I was only able to capture part of the screen so it best to visit the page yourself.

https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/store/flash-sale#ref51057

2018-09-02.thumb.png.12d12f0025b2c619627dbec7c9922533.png

I just signed up for my first membership (with SFDK, not SFMM, but I figured more people would be able to answer my question here). Just got the basic, since I live pretty far now.

I'm wondering if the Diamond Elite benefits work for all Six Flags or just the park you purchased with? It was a little unclear to me on the benefits page. ?

I think most important would be that you must activate the pass at the host park that you purchased it from. So dont just show up at SFMM prior to activation at SFDK. Seems there must be some options on Diamond Elite that aren't available at SFMM as there is a price chop for SFDK vs SFMM at about $15 per year/membership/pass

Was there yesterday, Sept. 2, to process the membership. Crazy busy, and Crazinity, ironically, was down. One thing I thought was interesting was at the time we were there, Justice League had a 20 minute wait, while Goldrusher and the bumper cars was over 40min to an hour. The Diamond Elite skip the line pass worked really well. They give you two, but we used them on FT and TC, so that saved at least 2 hours of standing in line. The shopping discount is amazing, 50% off. I will be picking up more park merchandise this year.

Was there yesterday, Sept. 2, to process the membership. Crazy busy, and Crazinity, ironically, was down. One thing I thought was interesting was at the time we were there, Justice League had a 20 minute wait, while Goldrusher and the bumper cars was over 40min to an hour. The Diamond Elite skip the line pass worked really well. They give you two, but we used them on FT and TC, so that saved at least 2 hours of standing in line. The shopping discount is amazing, 50% off. I will be picking up more park merchandise this year.

Yeah, Crazanity ended up opening around 5. The que instantly filled all the way to the bottom of the ramp. It seems they are having a lot of problems with the seats. I have a feeling that they keep getting broken from people trying to pull them down.

It says the pass needs to be redeemed by the end of October or else the gold upgrades go away. I want to see what exactly those are? It looked like hurricane harbor entry, parking and in park discounts? Anyone know exactly what?

Also what’s a typical one day entry cost to SFMM?

The only differences I could see between regular and gold season passes are parking and bonus friend ticket on select days. If you go to the Flash Sale and look under MEMBERSHIP VS PASS - A GUIDE at the top of the page, it will take you to a checklist of all the benefits for each level. I was only able to capture part of the screen so it best to visit the page yourself.

https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/store/flash-sale#ref51057

thanks for the heads up socaljason! this was a huge help. we usually stay at the hilton at the bottom of the hill and get the shuttle in so parking might not be an issue. never been to the water park though so might try to get over sooner than later

I just signed up for my first membership (with SFDK, not SFMM, but I figured more people would be able to answer my question here). Just got the basic, since I live pretty far now.

I'm wondering if the Diamond Elite benefits work for all Six Flags or just the park you purchased with? It was a little unclear to me on the benefits page. ?

I think most important would be that you must activate the pass at the host park that you purchased it from. So dont just show up at SFMM prior to activation at SFDK. Seems there must be some options on Diamond Elite that aren't available at SFMM as there is a price chop for SFDK vs SFMM at about $15 per year/membership/pass

Membership benefits are national. Once the membership is processed, no matter the home park, the benefits will be valid everywhere. I have a Diamond Elite membership here in Georgia and on my member portal it is showing I have a one-time free swim with dolphins benefit for SFDK. I am also seeing benefits that are specific to other parks besides my home park too.

We have already used our DE memberships at 4 other SF parks as well. Once you master the procedure for preferred parking, reserved seating, etc, the benefits are great. In spite of early glitches with the membership process, overall we have been very happy with the value we are getting.

The only caveat I could find regarding membership benefits at other parks were some limitations on Mexico / Canada parks.

Maybe I'm being too critical, but does anyone else hate that the tracks are 2 different colors for West Coast Racers? I mean, there aren't 2 different colors on a racetrack. Or 2 different colors on the road. Is it me? Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely excited for it, but idk. Wouldn't it have been a much nicer, gray with black supports? Besides, the trains are the star of this show!

Am I stupid? Lol

Just curious: does the Skip the Line pass w/ Diamond/Diamond Elite allow you to bypass the X2 upcharge w/ a Flash Pass?

I'm not sure about X2, but if you also purchase the Season Flash Pass, you won't get the 2 Skip the Line Passes (for the park you got the Season Flash Pass for). Not sure if it applies to you, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Edited by jray21

Did you go to West Coast Bash at Six Flags Magic Mountain? Well I did, and, this is most of what I can remember. lol

I almost didn't make it. I'm not sure what didn't agree with me, but I suspect it was the, awesome at the time, cookie ice cream sandwich at Knott's. Stomach was not happy the night before during my short 4 hour sleep from the late night before at Knott's. But, by the morning, I felt decent enough that I could make it through the day at Magic Mountain.

So, up real early for the 50 plus mile drive from home. Andy, Zack and I made early, and had a couple cars in front of us waiting for parking to open. Got in, walked to the front, and got all our registration stuff.

86ZmiLP9TjCVCgej3yqchA.thumb.jpg.b3b082e2dcc375b47e7ce277280224d6.jpg

1524636793_CJ8nY2OlS1Ci2j4a4PruQ.thumb.jpg.01a93106af5da4890978336e29460be2.jpg

IMG_7575.thumb.JPG.ad777bffcd46cd36c35f1d8de25c69a0.JPG

LuN1lNJRSOOn8udGwCso8g.thumb.jpg.40e69c33e6a2b21a897dea3420923bad.jpg

dLhtvMNFQye1kXeWsKY0lg.thumb.jpg.d18c09e9d0aa0ad65153bc8f96a01686.jpg

long shadows means it's early!

2 hours of morning ERT is next. Lines? What lines? We don't need no stinkin' lines!

ocGCq9yPREW0Du8uDTvl7w.thumb.jpg.1c02625737b895d7d13768b1bb0fe6d9.jpg

Being Sunday, Chic-fil-A the ride, was closed.

YJ0NmkQDTZ6q7EJBvCVIPQ.thumb.jpg.a89356b4afc9e3d9a2e8cfb2e234bbb4.jpg

219246393_1ISRt99hQeajKQSyN96bw.thumb.jpg.ff1a4940ba26fc53162521100126b13f.jpg

Vt2QEgPdSiqBEj6WDLjzYQ.thumb.jpg.1531f9882f138da3d4adc6c6046a8a37.jpg

1399924846_qH7IQPZQWO57tKfi7RJMw.thumb.jpg.6563e84f293a7b705674412be2bb4a3a.jpg

zmTSEn1nRLep81D2w5feRw.thumb.jpg.965287d22aebe564e4f53e1a664b3f13.jpg

Andy got this next shot of me about 3 minutes before the concussion hitting last raven turn on X2.

IMG_7588.thumb.JPG.bd1f84f2a4f37645d28126ce813a292d.JPG

Every time I ride it, after getting off, I swear I'll never ride it again. But I really think that might be the last time.

At some point during ERT, we made our way to Chop Six for some donuts, muffins and drinks. Stomach still holding up after donuts and orange juice is a good sign.

2 hours is a pretty long time for ERT, even if you have to walk around Magic Mountain to get to different rides. It seemed like forever until we started seeing the general public join us for the rest of the day.

We walked around trying to get to things before major lines built up. Andy's first time to Magic Mountain. So, we made sure to hit the large rides as soon as possible that weren't on ERT. Helping Honda, Ninja, Superman, Justice League. This is where I was drained. I took a break and went back to the car and just relaxed a bit in the a/c.

G3sUEoItRGOe8aX6knGhuw.thumb.jpg.04c1f14c821fe09db2969e36e7058006.jpg

I came back about an hour of so later armed with my new drink cup, and Theme Park Review cool towel. Those two items help make the 100 degree weather somewhat more tolerable.

Lunch was up next with some photo contest winners and Q&A with Neil Thurman, Park President.

1073311927_OYmkRio2S8WPFkFsF5JnA.thumb.jpg.d4411969c29f878520afb8313b557e50.jpg

1562143414_HPFmsXiZS06rSZImWsHZA.thumb.jpg.b2fb963aeb109c7ca799a7292ce32ff7.jpg

MWaWvqMsRGmmOi7g25czLg.thumb.jpg.f5d7d7e13d8790fac4168cefdd307457.jpg

105539861_ahQDpFXzSvaEt2RNmbn8w.thumb.jpg.2ade2827792fb805f879d7e385ef0aa8.jpg

169203309_dhwLFXMEQpmkb8pLFEyA.thumb.jpg.97786b45f1026943bfaf643e600a2597.jpg

Six Flags Magic Mountain park staff excited for more "coaster enthusiasts" questions. Happy Happy Joy Joy!!

937701917_cRpbfIQEWaz1Ov8BUMdw.thumb.jpg.700926a35eff042ff9b340bf6d260735.jpg

UkGQTrKKQrKBtstEOKx9uQ.thumb.jpg.fd557bf50be9fcb5e0caf9fd108ee066.jpg

Neil with the "dude, are you seriously asking me that dumb question?" face. BTW, he was looking at me.

nYEVkwHURKOvwosqOmYc2w.thumb.jpg.6214a5d9b48abf333a4aab91f9810363.jpg

Some of the questions were answered that I can remember. Mostly just mine. lol

Green Lantern will come back in 2019.

The new section formally known as Cyclone Bay will be named, The Underground.

Sky Tower isn't coming back. Maintenance can use the elevators that do work, they just aren't cleared for the general guests.

Total track length for West Coast Racers is just under 4,000 feet.

The "Pit Stop" section on West Coast Racers will have a short and long version depending on dispatch time. You can guess which I'm sure we'll see more of.

The comfort collars seen in the animation will definitely be on the ride. The collars will allow the ride not to use seatbelts.

Viper is not going anywhere. But, new trains with thick solid steel over the shoulder restraints will be added.

The RMC T-Rex Giga Coaster that flies over the parking toll booths will not use nets to protect cars driving under, but, will instead use a tunnel. I'm not sure if the coaster of the cars will use the tunnel. I wasn't paying close enough attention to clarify.

After lunch, we mostly walked around while Andy was doing his photography thing. Check out @thegreatzo

Once the park closed at 6pm, the park cleared out and the extended time started. It was basically ERT on almost every ride that stayed open. We got a ride on Crazanity, Drop of Doom, then, a number of laps on Twisted Colossus, then finally, Andy's first ride on YOLO to finish off West Coast Bash.

Gigantic thanks to Robb, William and Joey for the early mornings getting everything going. Thanks so Neil and the entire Six Flags crew for a great day! We missed seeing Elissa and Kristen this year so pictures from Taste Epcot will have to hold us over until next time.

West Coast Bash is awesome, and if you missed out, you're dumb.

Didn't you learn your x2 lesson after I dragged you on it last year john?

i think the hit has a delayed response and you forget. lol

this time, i also had the restraint loose, instead of tighter since it makes it harder to breath. big mistake, i got thrown around like crazy which made some parts more uncomfortable than normal, i think.

Sky Tower isn't coming back. Maintenance can use the elevators that do work, they just aren't cleared for the general guests.

The "Pit Stop" section on West Coast Racers will have a short and long version depending on dispatch time. You can guess which I'm sure we'll see more of.

The comfort collars seen in the animation will definitely be on the ride. The collars will allow the ride not to use seatbelts.

Viper is not going anywhere. But, new trains with thick solid steel over the shoulder restraints will be added.

The RMC T-Rex Giga Coaster that flies over the parking toll booths will not use nets to protect cars driving under, but, will instead use a tunnel. I'm not sure if the coaster of the cars will use the tunnel. I wasn't paying close enough attention to clarify.

Um...what?

Um...what?

i should clarify just so everyone knows. these were answers or statements directly from Neil Thurman himself.

the question to the answer about the giga was..."will there be a net above the parking booths where the RMC T-Rex Giga coaster passes over?"

Interesting logic. In my experience, Tempesto (comfort collars) was slightly slower loading than Joker's Jinx (seatbelts) - even with BGW's great operations and SFA's not-so-great operations.

Interesting logic. In my experience, Tempesto (comfort collars) was slightly slower loading than Joker's Jinx (seatbelts) - even with BGW's great operations and SFA's not-so-great operations.

i thought about it afterwards, not thinking about it much when i asked. i forgot until later when riding YOLO, that its a lap bar, then the flimsy comfort collar is put on after.

also, i forgot to mention that West Coast Racers will have a place where you store your crap. you put your crap away before entering the individual rows, then after will be able to pick your stuff up. so, you're not fumbling with crap before getting in to the trains. sounds great and i hope it works that way too!