TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Does anyone know if this is the only sale they are gonna have on the dining pass? I remember I got mine last year like, in the middle of September. Just a little short on funds this check

Last Year, for Season Passes and the Dining Pass, they claimed the Flash Sale ended on a certain day but ended up extending the time by more than a week.

Does anyone know if this is the only sale they are gonna have on the dining pass? I remember I got mine last year like, in the middle of September. Just a little short on funds this check

I grabbed mine last year during Cyber Monday sale after Thanksgiving.

but the price was comparable to what they are offering today (ie: thru 9/3 at least for the Texas parks), so I picked them up today.

but wouldn't be shocked if they go on sale again after Thanksgiving. (particularly since the fine print on my purchase says I need to redeem it by end of October. . . . so to clear it out before the next offering in Nov. perhaps???)

I used to run a roller coaster account on Instagram (I know, I know, please don't judge me too much), and I still log in from time to time. Today my feed was full of nothing but whiny SFMM fans. I saw one comment that this coaster "doesn't match the standards that the park used to had for their new rides". I really hate being a member of this community sometimes.

I think this is a great looking addition, and adds to the growing list of SFMM coasters that I still need to get my butt on (YOLO, TC)! If I had any minor quibble, it would be that it seems redundant with TC at the same park, but that's not a big deal... Two of something really fun, is twice the amount of fun! I also like that the area back there is getting re-themed, and re-furbed, as it was really... "Meh", last time I was in the park. Can't wait to see all the new changes, and sprucing up of the park on that back side of the mountain since I was last there! Hopefully next year, and hopefully for WCB! Pray that I can somehow get out of debt, and save a nice chunk of change by then!

Oh, and to weigh in on the whole "Family Coaster" topic, I don't feel when looking at this that it's a family coaster, as it looks pretty thrilling to me! Not saying a coaster can't be both, but I think anybody discounting this coaster as tame, or for the kiddies, I think is greatly misjudging it!

I used to run a roller coaster account on Instagram (I know, I know, please don't judge me too much), and I still log in from time to time. Today my feed was full of nothing but whiny SFMM fans. I saw one comment that this coaster "doesn't match the standards that the park used to had for their new rides". I really hate being a member of this community sometimes.

You can always count on coaster people to complain about a park with 19 coasters adding another coaster haha.

New coaster(s) look great!

Question about Diamond Elite Member discounts. Right now the 2019 season Gold Season Flash Pass is on sale for $199. If you have the Diamond Elite membership, can you pick up the Flash Pass for $99.50 or is the 50% discount not good on sale prices? I am currently a gold member so I can't try to add it to find out, but I would upgrade if I could get the discount off the sale price.

Question about Diamond Elite Member discounts. Right now the 2019 season Gold Season Flash Pass is on sale for $199. If you have the Diamond Elite membership, can you pick up the Flash Pass for $99.50 or is the 50% discount not good on sale prices? I am currently a gold member so I can't try to add it to find out, but I would upgrade if I could get the discount off the sale price.

I would think it doesn't apply to the sale price. . but not 100% sure.

(I considered doing it, but since my home park (Fiesta) doesn't really have but 3 rides I'd use it for, monetarily it doesn't make sense to do the season Flash Pass. . tho I did give in and get the cheap Photo Pass add on)

Regarding prices and the flash sale...

I checked membership prices over the last week before the sale started, and at least for the Diamond Elite level and all of the add-ons, the savings for the flash sale are actually less than a dollar. It's still a great value, but I feel that this is one of those things that, even though there is a "regular" price, it will always be on "sale". I can't speak for the other membership levels or season passes, but I'm willing to bet that the prices won't be too much different after the "sale" is over. So I wouldn't worry too much if you miss out on this flash sale.

Anybody have any experience with seeing prices go up or down significantly?

Regarding prices and the flash sale...

I checked membership prices over the last week before the sale started, and at least for the Diamond Elite level and all of the add-ons, the savings for the flash sale are actually less than a dollar. It's still a great value, but I feel that this is one of those things that, even though there is a "regular" price, it will always be on "sale". I can't speak for the other membership levels or season passes, but I'm willing to bet that the prices won't be too much different after the "sale" is over. So I wouldn't worry too much if you miss out on this flash sale.

Anybody have any experience with seeing prices go up or down significantly?

might be hard to say since it's only been, or not even a year, since they introduced all the new memberships. so, the prices could be different for 2019. i don't go enough, so i'm still on the old gold membership and i pay $6 a month. i think there are some people paying less. I think when i first signed up, it was $5.25.

anyway, i just purchased the picture pass and dining plan for 2019.

I'm late to the party for all of these announcements, but damn...this looks really friggin' awesome! Reminds of a differently themed Cheetah Hunt-ish coaster with racing trains.

I need to get back to California. Maybe next spring, but we'll see.

Good job SFMM!

So, in spite of saying the end of passes would be the end of me purchasing season entry I just.signed me and the wife up for diamond elite membership...dang flash sale! Oh well, hope it's worth it, I mean I'll definately get my money's worth at least....

Did you know in order to take advantage of the preferred parking you must make a reservation by 5am the day of your visit? I didnt. Well, until I had already bought it. Would it have made a difference? Probably not but would have been nice to know before hand. I live 10 minutes away and I dont really ever make plans to go, most of the time it's a spontaneous decision....maybe it's even been covered in this thread somewhere, idk

So, in spite of saying the end of passes would be the end of me purchasing season entry I just.signed me and the wife up for diamond elite membership...dang flash sale! Oh well, hope it's worth it, I mean I'll definately get my money's worth at least....

Did you know in order to take advantage of the preferred parking you must make a reservation by 5am the day of your visit? I didnt. Well, until I had already bought it. Would it have made a difference? Probably not but would have been nice to know before hand. I live 10 minutes away and I dont really ever make plans to go, most of the time it's a spontaneous decision....maybe it's even been covered in this thread somewhere, idk

that's pretty lame. i also thought i read somewhere if you make a reservation, and don't show up, you lose something, or you get a mark against you. i'll have to see if i can find what i read.

anyway, my $6.10 a month is fine with me for now. damn inflation, it was like $5 when i started.

It says the pass needs to be redeemed by the end of October or else the gold upgrades go away. I want to see what exactly those are? It looked like hurricane harbor entry, parking and in park discounts? Anyone know exactly what?

Also what’s a typical one day entry cost to SFMM?

It says the pass needs to be redeemed by the end of October or else the gold upgrades go away. I want to see what exactly those are. It looks like hurricane harbor entry, parking and in park discounts? Anyone know exactly what?

Also what’s a typical one day entry cost to SFMM?

Its typically the gold pass benefits you mentioned parking & hurricane harbor entrance. You will still get in park discounts maybe not all the coupons.

Full Price is the price of the gold pass. You can usually get tickets for arround $40 any day and $10 if you have a friend wiwth a pass who goes with you on the weekdays during school.

I just signed up for my first membership (with SFDK, not SFMM, but I figured more people would be able to answer my question here). Just got the basic, since I live pretty far now.

I'm wondering if the Diamond Elite benefits work for all Six Flags or just the park you purchased with? It was a little unclear to me on the benefits page. I don't really have a Six Flags home park anymore, but I usually purchase with SFDK because I make it a commitment to visit every year when I visit family, and my visit to other Six Flags parks vary by the year.

Also, do you lock in the price when you sign up for a membership? I.e. if I never cancel I will always pay $6.10 even 20 years from now, hypothetically?