TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I wonder if I’m not the only person that hadn’t ever heard of West Coast customs until today.

Yes, but it's because you were probably about 5 years old when "Pimp My Ride" was a thing so it's understandable. Thanks for making us feel old.

A tame coaster that the whole family can enjoy.
Maverick

Are you trying to kill your family?

Dude my daughter is adrenaline junkie like me and that kills my husband cause he is not! We walk around MM looking at the coasters and she smiles when hearing the people screaming. Last visit we sat for 30 minutes watching FT launches because she though it was funny.

I am not going to put her on X2, Viper, Batman, Tatsu. Yes I will take her on Revy (or as she calls in Wonder Woman because of the Red White & Blue trains) Gold Rusher and Ninja as her first coaster. So depending on her height at that time, she maybe ready for West Coast Racer.

Robb how old was KT when she got on her first coaster?

Don't drag me into this.

I wonder if I’m not the only person that hadn’t ever heard of West Coast customs until today.

Yes, but it's because you were probably about 5 years old when "Pimp My Ride" was a thing so it's understandable. Thanks for making us feel old.

I watched Pimp My Ride all the time when the show originally aired!

This looks awesome.

When I heard the rumor of a racing coaster at Magic Mountain I was both skeptical and sort of uninterested (if it turned out to be true) since I didn't really see Six Flags building a ride that would require them to staff two stations and I assumed that if they did it was only a matter of time until they decided they no longer cared to do so. This design solves that problem since they only have to staff one and it forces them to pretty much always duel the thing so it seems like a win/win.

As for the ride itself, it looks like a lot of fun and the fact that the area around it is getting a much needed refresh is really just the icing on the cake.

did you really have to respond so rude like that?

No, I didn't. And that's what makes it so special!

Edited by coasterbill

Robb how old was KT when she got on her first coaster?

Huh.... It's funny how you don't really notice someone until they mention you in a post, and then I go "Hmmm....why have I never heard of this person, they just signed up recently, but they seem to know about me and my daughter and her nickname? That's kind of creepy..." and then you go look them up and discover they were someone you banned from the forum for sneaking cameras on rides.

Note to self: Never underestimate the pure stupidity of humanity.

Note to everyone else: Don't be an idiot. Don't do stupid things. And if you get banned from our forum and create a new account, we WILL find out!

Edited by robbalvey

I watched Pimp My Ride all the time when the show originally aired!

I used to watch it often too growing up. Then I found out all these truths about the cars and the issues they caused the owners (like my car doesn't run, but it has all these cool, not even street legal mods!). In any case, the new coaster looks like a lot of fun and the theming does intrigue me.

This looks like a really good coaster, and seems to be all things to all men. It looks intense enough to keep thrill seekers happy* but not overwhelming to the point it would put off younger or less-confident guests off. It's not the kind of coaster I would drop everything and travel the world for, but it has such a broad appeal that I can't see it being anything but a huge success for the park.

(* apart from Sven20)

This looks like a really good coaster, and seems to be all things to all men. It looks intense enough to keep thrill seekers happy* but not overwhelming to the point it would put off younger or less-confident guests off. It's not the kind of coaster I would drop everything and travel the world for, but it has such a broad appeal that I can't see it being anything but a huge success for the park.

(* apart from Sven20)

Yup. And (some) people forget that the park is building a ride for what the PARK needs. This fits into a good niche for SFMM -- family-ish friendly, but probably has enough thrills to please everyone. I predict it will be a big hit.

I really hope Twisted Yolo Racer has pre-queue lockers...the only problem I see is a 3 minute pitstop....otherwise, looks like a great mid-thrill ride.

"2 is better than 1"

2 moebius

2 launches, 2 times

2 high fives

2 top gun inversions

2 racing, dueling coasters

2 premier multi launch

Edited by Coastin' thru life

I guess I didn't stick around late enough last night, but, it looks like they took a construction tour. I dunno what they looked at but dirt, but here's some construction photos from earlier in the day...

1726060457_R1emTVuqScSldOHM30Pbg.thumb.jpg.82ead2b86a23f1b102f28a1e72aed90f.jpg

paint on the ground

aIbRWNWrTr6AXSH8tf7ibw.thumb.jpg.7bc300cf0726249f4570fa01d7229c62.jpg

dirt and flags

urv7vCYPTUewpkOcVHJRjw.thumb.jpg.ab64bf73433961b90e7fc0066bebd070.jpg

more dirt and flags

Looks like Magic Mountain found the second half of YOLOcoaster

In all seriousness, looks fun and not half-assed, which is good. Though a part of me also wishes they just went all out on a coaster like this and didn’t attempt the dualing dynamic.

I guess we’ll never know, but one things for sure, this should bring some life into an otherwise dead area of the park.

After watching the video a few more times, if they’re running three trains the “the pit stop” will actually be able to fully act as a show room element and the other train that’s going to race it will actually be the one waiting for it. I think it’s perfect. If Six Flags slapped Mack or RMC on this project with the exact same ride with a “show room” people would be losing their minds over this concept!

This looks great!

2017 - Justice League: Battle for Metropolis opened. Looks cool? Yes. Cool enough to buy an annual pass? Nah, pass.

2018 - CraZanity opened. Looks cool? Yes! But I've been on pendulum rides before. There's one at Knott's - just not as big. Cool enough to buy an annual pass? Nah, pass.

2019 - West Coast Racers! Looks cool? Yes! Best ride in the park? No but it looks GREAT. Cool enough to buy an annual pass?

YES - and wow these new membership options look fantastic! I bought top tier everything - the Diamond Elite membership, with the Deluxe Membership Dining Pass, and the FLASH Pass Platinum Membership! All of the benefits look amazing, and it's affordable.

It's been a few years since I've been, so I'm looking forward to visiting Magic Mountain in 2019. Look for some vlogs in the future on my YouTube channel!

I really had my heart set on A Dueling Screaming Squirrel.

I guess this will have to fill that empty hole.

In all honesty, this looks like a solid addition to the park. Especially if they continue with the Adrenaline Alley theme. I expect to see several cool flats pop up in the area over the next few years following this ride.

Then we will get my Dueling Screaming Squirrel!

You heard it hear first.

This addition looks amazing! Looks like a great mid-range addition to the park. Definitely something they needed. I also enjoy low-to-the-ground coasters so this should be fun! I'm also interested to see how the showroom concept works out. I'm glad they decided to put it outdoors and not just bake everyone in the sun for a few minutes. Hopefully there will be A/C as well!