TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

On Friday, August 30, 2018, Six Flags will once again offer their annual Labor Day holiday Flash Sale on yearly passes.

I overheard something not too long ago that this is the last year for Annual Season Passes, and that going forward as of 8/30/18,

any/all passes sold will be in the form of a membership.

Any thoughts?

It would be a shame if Six Flags eliminated the Season Pass with the monthly memberships. To me, I see this

as a BIG/HUGE cost increase - that's if Six Flags is truly eliminating the Season Pass.

PARK_HOPPER

This has been discussed quite a bit in the SF Corporate thread... Basically, it's SF raising the price without making it look like they are raising the price **shrug**

I'm curious to see if the park will continue its 365-day operations next year. I went a few times during the winter, where it seemed like I had the park to myself. Granted, all of the coasters were running 1 train with skeleton crews, and some of the restaurants and upcharge attractions were closed, but it seemed like almost everyone there were season pass / membership holders, and were using their meal plans. And with such light crowds, there's no way they sold very many Flash Passes on those days. It doesn't seem like a very profitable venture.

On Friday, August 30, 2018, Six Flags will once again offer their annual Labor Day holiday Flash Sale on yearly passes.

I overheard something not too long ago that this is the last year for Annual Season Passes, and that going forward as of 8/30/18,

Any thoughts?

It would be a shame if Six Flags eliminated the Season Pass with the monthly memberships. To me, I see this

as a BIG/HUGE cost increase - that's if Six Flags is truly eliminating the Season Pass.

PARK_HOPPER

This has been discussed quite a bit in the SF Corporate thread... Basically, it's SF raising the price without making it look like they are raising the price **shrug**

That would probably be the year I stop being a passholder... the LAST thing I need is a Six Flags bill...you want to raise the price, then raise the price...I'd pay a little more..even if it was little more than a membership

I'm curious to see if the park will continue its 365-day operations next year. I went a few times during the winter, where it seemed like I had the park to myself. Granted, all of the coasters were running 1 train with skeleton crews, and some of the restaurants and upcharge attractions were closed, but it seemed like almost everyone there were season pass / membership holders, and were using their meal plans. And with such light crowds, there's no way they sold very many Flash Passes on those days. It doesn't seem like a very profitable venture.

I have always wanted to go there in the winter but I live 6 hours away. It seems like I always go when it is hot and fairly crowded. I should make a trip just to experience what you described.

IF ANYONE POSTS THE ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE A TPR MODERATOR MAKES THE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT POST YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY BANNED FROM THE TPR FORUMS. THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING!!!

Edited by robbalvey

I have always wanted to go there in the winter but I live 6 hours away. It seems like I always go when it is hot and fairly crowded. I should make a trip just to experience what you described.

During November and January through March, the park is a ghost town every day, even on weekends. It’s a great time to go, if you can swing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any thoughts?

PARK_HOPPER

No truth to this.

A 2019 Combo Gold Season Pass will cost $81.99

https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/store/flash-sale-zap

Do you think the chain was losing money on this 365 day campaign? I know a few days during the winter season there were only 2 rows of cars in the first parking lot. It was rare to see any guests on the midways during these days. It was mainly just employees walking to their position.

Any thoughts?

PARK_HOPPER

No truth to this.

A 2019 Combo Gold Season Pass will cost $81.99

https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/store/flash-sale-zap

Thank you for the clarification.

PARK_HOPPER

Are they doing a livestream for the announcement and if so where can I watch it. Sorry if this was already shared.

Actually I'm told that the official live stream will actually be here: https://www.instagram.com/westcoastcustoms/

West Coast Customs is a custom car company......

Are they sponsoring this attraction?

West Coast Customs is a auto chop/detailing shop. They were made famous by MTV "Pimp My Ride" show in the early to mid 2000's featuring the rapper Xzibit as the host.

Are they doing a livestream for the announcement and if so where can I watch it. Sorry if this was already shared.

Actually I'm told that the official live stream will actually be here: https://www.instagram.com/westcoastcustoms/

West Coast Customs is a custom car company......

Are they sponsoring this attraction?

I guess we'll find out at 10pm?

Do you think the chain was losing money on this 365 day campaign? I know a few days during the winter season there were only 2 rows of cars in the first parking lot. It was rare to see any guests on the midways during these days. It was mainly just employees walking to their position.

And those are exactly the days I WANT to go!!!