TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm going to laugh my A$$ off this ends up being racing DoDonpa's or something like that!

I'm going to laugh ny A$$ off if it's a Steeplechase or even the Vekoma FM 1 b/c SFMM fanboys are already whining about any type of family friendly coaster on social media.

I wouldn't. The S&S Steeplechase looks fun and the Formlula 1 looks fantastic!

The fanboys would complaint about a 500ft Intamin because it's too....whatever their bitching is about this year. I hardly care what they think.

If it's a Steeplechase I have a feeling it won't just be fanboys complaining. The Formula 1 would please all except the hardcore fanboys.

Yeah the Steeplechase would cause heads too explode. I think they are safe there though because SFMM would never be that classy to bring back a classic ride like that. Formula 1 though, that's right up their alley. Cheap, short, kinda trashy, but passable as a thrill ride.

No matter what they get, I'm not heading back to the LA parks till Star Wars Land opens in 2020

Honestly though? You're right, I would be a little butthurt if it were a family coaster. It's their 20th coaster and the self-proclaimed Thrill Capital of the World goes small? It doesn't make sense. You'd think they'd want to make it a statement of some kind, right?

But... It might also make total sense to the park and I just have to accept that as a total outsider.

The real question is what's coming in 2020?

Honestly though? You're right, I would be a little butthurt if it were a family coaster. It's their 20th coaster and the self-proclaimed Thrill Capital of the World goes small? It doesn't make sense. You'd think they'd want to make it a statement of some kind, right?

But... It might also make total sense to the park and I just have to accept that as a total outsider.

The real question is what's coming in 2020?

Unless they dont count green lantern since its been down for over a year and then build their 20 for 2020.

I'm going out on a VERY thin limb here... but totally suspecting SFMM's 2019 addition to be the world's fastest accelerating roller coaster. That duals. While racing. Called "West Coast Racers."

As long as it's not a B&M dive yawner, I think we have a winner.

I'm going out on a VERY thin limb here... but totally suspecting SFMM's 2019 addition to be the world's fastest accelerating roller coaster. That duals. While racing. Called "West Coast Racers."

I think if that turns out to be true, people will be very happy with the announcement. I just can’t see SFMM getting the Vekoma race car coaster as the 4 person cars will be terrible with capacity. Maybe if each side is a dual loading station (thus loading 16 people at a time) and they ran at least 4 cars on each side, then the capacity wouldn’t be too bad. But the whole family racing coaster just doesn’t fit in with SFMM’s “Thrill Capital of the World” slogan. On the other hand, the world’s fastest accelerating coaster fits in perfectly.

You didn't go out on a limb . . . You just Red-it

I just can’t see SFMM getting the Vekoma race car coaster as the 4 person cars will be terrible with capacity.

Since when does Magic Mountain care about a ride’s hourly capacity?

I just can’t see SFMM getting the Vekoma race car coaster as the 4 person cars will be terrible with capacity.

Since when does Magic Mountain care about a ride’s hourly capacity?

Hey, now, wait a minute, you're telling me 6+ minute dispatch times on single train operation isn't great capacity?!

Funny! This is my exact prediction as well! I guess great minds and all...

Via Screamscape:

New Coaster / Cyclone Bay Update - Rumor - (8/27/18) I'm not sure how legit this rumor is, but according to the latest word sent my way the new coaster coming to Six Flags Magic Mountain may not be S&S or Mack at all... but would you believe an... RMC? I'm really not sure if this kind of thing would be happening so soon, but the source of this rumor claims it will be the first RMC Raptor coaster that will also feature dual launches and essentially act like a mini steel version of Twisted Colossus that would send the riders around a second time on a second section of track for racing/dueling action that would include interlocking Dive Loops and Immelmans and a section that looks similar to the much photographed inversions of Twisted Colossus where the one track rolled over into an inversion right over the top of the other.

http://screamscape.com/html/six_flags_magic_mountain.htm