TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

So now that most schools are back in session, I decided to hit up the park again on Wednesday. I hadn't been on Crazanity yet and I was dying to give it a try. It was a pretty slow day at the park with most rides being walk-ons or station waits. I was also able to get multiple re-rides on certain rides when there was nobody waiting to get on. I really appreciate how SFMM has allowed re-rides this season on slow days like this. Some parks make you get back in line even if nobody is waiting to get on and that drives me nuts. Everything was running two trains, except for X2 (single train) and TC (3 trains). The TC crew was great as always and I got several double duels, which hasn't happened to me in a while.

I was able to get 3 rides on Crazanity and it's my new favorite flat ride! The airtime at the apex of the swing is crazy and you get a total freefall sensation on the downswing. You really have to ride it to get a sense of just how high up you get at the top of the swing. I've been on similar rides like MaxAir at Cedar Point, but they just don't compare to Crazanity. The spinning is very mild (more of a slow rotation), so people that don't like spining rides should be fine on it. I would've ridden it a few more times, but the line got up to about 30 minutes in the afternoon and it was a pretty hot day (even in the covered station). Props to SFMM for adding such a great ride, it will definitely be a part of my rotation evey time I visit.

Overall, it was a great day to hit the park and I got a ton of rides in before leaving at 5 pm:

FT 4x

Goliath 6x

Lex 4x

TC 6x

Batman 1x

Riddler 1x

Crazanity 3x

JL:BFM 1x

Gold Rusher 1x

Superman 1x

Tatsu 1x

X2 1x

Revolution 1x

Edited by VegasBaby

So now I'm some type of heathen? Maybe I see it different because i'm from Baltimore and my home park is SFA so i'm used to it. I'd rather see people's names carved into a pole than racial slurs carved into Bathroom partitions.

Yes! Why don't you aim to have slightly higher standards for humanity and not want ANYTHING carved/written on property that isn't theirs!!!!??

We most certainly have higher standards on our forum and would rather not have someone posting here who is "okay" with someone else vandalizing a part of a theme park. There is simply no excuse for that at all. It's a shame to see someone write the things you did because you now have become part of the reason why we cannot have nice things anymore, and I'm not ok with that.

EDIT: I see that you have been banned from the TPR forums before and we gave you a second chance. That was probably a mistake on our part for being too trusting. There will not be a "third chance."

Edited by robbalvey

In line for Crazanity. Fucking really!? This makes me so mad!

Was at Disneyland a few weeks ago with my whole family and seen kids scribe their names into the rock work on Indiana Jones. I let my mother handle that because she is a B*&^%. and let me tell you. Those kids felt like crap after her verbal beat down. One kid try to talk back but my 6'4 260 pound brother got in his face.

If I had been in line with my wife and kids (or honestly, even by myself) and saw this encounter it would have made me deeply uncomfortable. I would probably report everybody involved to security.

I would agree with this 100%. There is never a time when you're at a theme park where it is acceptable to start a domestic disturbance with a complete stranger. I don't care who is in the right or wrong in the scenario, you both are in the wrong. If you see something that someone else is doing that you don't like, it is not your place to step in and police that situation. I don't care if it's line jumping, vandalization, someone else being obnoxious, whatever, that is what the park security and staff are there for. The moment you step in you become part of that problem and are open to the same consequences as the party who is breaking a rule of the park.

In short, if you see something that doesn't seem right that another guest is doing, alert the park staff. Any other action is not appropriate.

Edited by robbalvey

I hear ya Robb and yes we should have gone right away instead of waiting till we got the loading station to report it. I apologize for my mom feeling she needed to confront them. It just makes me mad that these kids do this. Kids and young adults have no respect today.

So now I'm some type of heathen? Maybe I see it different because i'm from Baltimore and my home park is SFA so i'm used to it. I'd rather see people's names carved into a pole than racial slurs carved into Bathroom partitions.

Yes! Why don't you aim to have slightly higher standards for humanity and not want ANYTHING carved/written on property that isn't theirs!!!!??

We most certainly have higher standards on our forum and would rather not have someone posting here who is "okay" with someone else vandalizing a part of a theme park. There is simply no excuse for that at all. It's a shame to see someone write the things you did because you now have become part of the reason why we cannot have nice things anymore, and I'm not ok with that.

EDIT: I see that you have been banned from the TPR forums before and we gave you a second chance. That was probably a mistake on our part for being too trusting. There will not be a "third chance."

Amen and Good Riddance!!!!

Steeple chase 2019

Parkbros posted a video on YouTube a few hours ago. Apparently they've been asking a lot of the employees and the general consensus is that it's gonna be a "family themed" coaster. Magic Mountain better start polishing up that silver platter that they're gonna hand their Thrill Capital of the World title over to Cedar Point on.

Steeple chase 2019

Parkbros posted a video on YouTube a few hours ago. Apparently they've been asking a lot of the employees and the general consensus is that it's gonna be a "family themed" coaster. Magic Mountain better start polishing up that silver platter that they're gonna hand their Thrill Capital of the World title over to Cedar Point on.

The park employees know nothing, so I call BS

Parkbros posted a video on YouTube a few hours ago. Apparently they've been asking a lot of the employees and the general consensus is that it's gonna be a "family themed" coaster.

What an absoultely awful video. Any guest who goes around "bothering" employees asking about a new ride should be removed from the park and have their annual pass taken away. Those employees are there to DO THEIR JOB not answer your stupid questions because you want to get more hits on a poorly produced YouTube video 5 days before the official announcement.

And holy shit, is this the kind of theme park video people want these days??? A totally uninformed person yammering about on a subject they clearly know NOTHING about while looking at shaky cam pictures of dirt and trash cans????

I mean, I can go do that in my neighborhood since we still have several houses under construction here and I can go film their concrete pads and construction dumpsters while I just sit and make up "facts" about theme parks or new rides that I know nothing about.

Wow, that was 4 minutes I'll never get back and I can't believe I made it that far into the video!

Edited by robbalvey

^ LMAO...

OH my God, I love "keeping it real" Robb. Finally saying what many of us have been thinking.

I can see now I may have to avoid all things SFMM after this announcement. SF fans can be some of the most negative, unappreciative babies on the internet.

Steeple chase 2019

I don't know who or what a parkbros is, so I'm not going to bother to look them up...

I'll just agree with Robb's sentiment that it's stupid to ask line employees what is going on.

Parkbros posted a video on YouTube a few hours ago. Apparently they've been asking a lot of the employees and the general consensus is that it's gonna be a "family themed" coaster.

What an absoultely awful video. Any guest who goes around "bothering" employees asking about a new ride should be removed from the park and have their annual pass taken away. Those employees are there to DO THEIR JOB not answer your stupid questions because you want to get more hits on a poorly produced YouTube video 5 days before the official announcement.

And holy shit, is this the kind of theme park video people want these days??? A totally uninformed person yammering about on a subject they clearly know NOTHING about while looking at shaky cam pictures of dirt and trash cans????

I mean, I can go do that in my neighborhood since we still have several houses under construction here and I can go film their concrete pads and construction dumpsters while I just sit and make up "facts" about theme parks or new rides that I know nothing about.

Wow, that was 4 minutes I'll never get back and I can't believe I made it that far into the video!

This is why I love your site.

:

Please do this! I think I would die from laughter.

Ohhh ParkBros... I trust them as much as I trust a straw poll of random employees.

They are generally not good, but their talk of the Vekoma formula 1 type racing coaster actually makes sense. The rumor now is the new coaster is more family oriented and that would fit the bill. It's kind of like if you made Backlot Stunt into a duelling racing coaster(4 passengers per vehicle), the launch is not super fast, but enough to thrill some enthusiast,but not enough to scare off families.

Edited by Sven20

I'm going to laugh my A$$ off this ends up being racing DoDonpa's or something like that!

I'm going to laugh ny ASS off if it's a Steeplechase or even the Vekoma FM 1 b/c SFMM fanboys are already whining about any type of family friendly coaster on social media.

Edited by Sven20

I'm going to laugh my A$$ off this ends up being racing DoDonpa's or something like that!

I'm going to laugh ny A$$ off if it's a Steeplechase or even the Vekoma FM 1 b/c SFMM fanboys are already whining about any type of family friendly coaster on social media.

I wouldn't. The S&S Steeplechase looks fun and the Formlula 1 looks fantastic!

The fanboys would complaint about a 500ft Intamin because it's too....whatever their bitching is about this year. I hardly care what they think.

I'm going to laugh ny A$$ off if it's a Steeplechase or even the Vekoma FM 1 b/c SFMM fanboys are already whining about any type of family friendly coaster on social media.

The fanboys would complaint about a 500ft Intamin because it's too....whatever their bitching is about this year. I hardly care what they think.

If it's a Steeplechase I have a feeling it won't just be fanboys complaining. The Formula 1 would please all except the hardcore fanboys.

If it's a Steeplechase I have a feeling it won't just be fanboys complaining. The Formula 1 would please all except the hardcore fanboys.

Yeah the Steeplechase would cause heads too explode. I think they are safe there though because SFMM would never be that classy to bring back a classic ride like that. Formula 1 though, that's right up their alley. Cheap, short, kinda trashy, but passable as a thrill ride.