TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I am kind of thinking we will get two new coasters. # 1 - They will re-track Apocalypse and re-name it again into something new. and # 2 - A new recording breaking Mack coaster that will have loop-de-loops and last about 30 seconds. Perhaps, somehow they will interact with each other.

I wonder if they could modify Green Lantern so that it doesn't flip anymore but just rocks gently. With zero inversions, they could lose the uncomfortable vest and turn this ride into a permanent VR ride. You ride a space elevator up and glide back and forth on floors shooting some sort of targets. I could see that being better than anything it has been so far.

Interesting rumor, I have no idea what to expect for 2019

This makes sense given the current relationship with S&S due to their work on the Free Fly coasters.

This rumor certainly makes more sense than Mack, IMO. But the "racing itself" part sounds redundant to Twisted Colossus

Interesting rumor, I have no idea what to expect for 2019

This makes sense given the current relationship with S&S due to their work on the Free Fly coasters.

This rumor certainly makes more sense than Mack, IMO. But the "racing itself" part sounds redundant to Twisted Colossus

I don't know where I am getting Mack from but I thought there was a post on this board in one of the sub-forums about people touring Phantasialand and seeing new Mack spinning coaster track. When asked, they said it was going to park on the US west coast for 2019. I hope I didn't hallucinate that in smokey California, but I couldn't figure out who else in California might be getting a new coaster next year.

Agreed but '2' could mean anything....2 tracks, 2 launches, 2 gimmicks, 2 rides (coaster and a flat?), 2 minutes, '2'00 feet, 2 abreast (t-rex) as opposed to a raptor, ok that's a stretch...you know what I mean? And west coast races could be for cyclone 500 retheme...For some reason i think (hope) 6flags is being more vague than we think.

Ok...the t-rex concept...

Bigger in 2019...than a raptor...

1,2,3,4 ...inversions....

Ready,set,go...includes a deliberate rollback with a launch....

Launching, yup...

Racing, some of that too....

Victory?..1st of its kind?...or best coaster?

2 moebius loops, or RMC'S are better than one..

Maxx force.. XX for 20th coaster

West coast racers go-cart retheme

MM comes in swinging with a world class coaster that'll probably be high of a few lists and gives CP a run for their money

I'm going BIG, T-rex in 2019...

I always figured it was just for trademark reasons, but the whole XX for 20 thing makes sense. I'm not buying that West Coast Racers is for the go karts. Why trademark the go karts when you aren't gonna be selling shirts with them on it?

But I'm glad I'm not the only one on the T Rex hype train. I'm hoping for that or maybe a Mack but we'll see. If it's an S&S I demand one of those air launches (world's faster to 100?). I'm just glad it's not gonna be a spinner. Had any one of those signs been like, "Spinning into new thrills!" I would've checked out entirely.

I always figured it was just for trademark reasons, but the whole XX for 20 thing makes sense. I'm not buying that West Coast Racers is for the go karts. Why trademark the go karts when you aren't gonna be selling shirts with them on it?

Both of these points make a lot of sense!

I would greatly prefer RMC and Mack, but I can so easily see it being S&S. Just like I said with Steel Curtain, as long as they keep the awful Free Spin/GaleForce vests off of whatever it is, I'll be happy.

Launching, yup...

MM comes in swinging with a world class coaster that'll probably be high of a few lists and gives CP a run for their money

You're getting my hopes up, oof I really hope you're at least close

Launching, yup...

Big lol..Fanboy fantasies at work

Launching, yup...

Big lol..Fanboy fantasies at work