TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Just got off. HOLY MOLY! That thing is so tall and you can see the ENTIRE park! So fast. Also the view from the queuehouse is crazy!! It looks like the ride is going to hit the roof of the queuehouse! The lighting package is also amazing. Such a great ride!! Exactly what SFMM needed. Definitely a must-ride when you come to the park, and probably in my top 5 overall rides in the park! Everyone is so hyped and it’s awesome.

Couldn't of said it better myself. I waited by the ride for the last two hours before park closing just because I saw the promo actors leaving and I just had a feeling. Sure enough, 8:45 comes around and a woman named Debbie told those of us standing near the ride that they needed more footage and were gonna allow a limited number of the general public on at park close. My feeling paid off! It's in my top 5 now as well! If it's not over 100 degrees again Monday I will definitely be back for the pass holder preview to ride it several more times!

It's such a great choice for the park and it really does look fantastic. I think rides like this are some of the best flats around, which, when you combine it with the visual spectacle of size, makes for a very smart purchase. So glad SFMM went with this rather than one of those toblerone center-of-gravity tumble-dry things.

How have crowds been on these 100+ degree days? I was thinking they'd be ideal days to go because (1) people will stay home because it's too stinking hot to be outside, and (2) the coasters will run faster because of the heat.

How have crowds been on these 100+ degree days? I was thinking they'd be ideal days to go because (1) people will stay home because it's too stinking hot to be outside, and (2) the coasters will run faster because of the heat.

I’ll just leave you with this pic I took of the Twisted Colossus line that I took yesterday around 4:30pm.

DEA7DA6E-0B84-49FA-A2D3-0A2970045198.thumb.jpeg.575d38b22224c4b425b0b38d05473144.jpeg

Also, just so you know, CraZanity will NOT have Flash Pass. You will have to wait in line to ride.

Or at least there was no Flash Pass Entrance or queue configured yesterday, and it seems with how the line is implemented now, it would be difficult to add Flash Pass.

However, the line does move pretty fast. Last night for my second ride, the queue was through the second to last switchback and it only took 35-40 minutes and that’s with them still figuring out how to load efficiently and having to recheck all seats on about half the cycles. The ride time from start to finish is a little over 3 minutes, so it’s pretty long as well!

So they're sticking with the gold plus and up on Crazanity today (kinda) I tried to go on with my gold and they wouldn't let me, so I went and upgraded. So I'm standing in line, and the ops aren't even paying attention to the exit, so people are just walking up through the exit and getting in line without getting their passes checked. That's some bull! Other than that I've been on 5 times already and I'm gonna a go a couple more before I leave. Seriously outstanding ride!

Also, just so you know, CraZanity will NOT have Flash Pass. You will have to wait in line to ride.

Or at least there was no Flash Pass Entrance or queue configured yesterday, and it seems with how the line is implemented now, it would be difficult to add Flash Pass.

However, the line does move pretty fast. Last night for my second ride, the queue was through the second to last switchback and it only took 35-40 minutes and that’s with them still figuring out how to load efficiently and having to recheck all seats on about half the cycles. The ride time from start to finish is a little over 3 minutes, so it’s pretty long as well!

Wonder Woman @ SFDK has it. Wonder if they just aren't done.

So they're sticking with the gold plus and up on Crazanity today (kinda) I tried to go on with my gold and they wouldn't let me, so I went and upgraded. So I'm standing in line, and the ops aren't even paying attention to the exit, so people are just walking up through the exit and getting in line without getting their passes checked. That's some bull! Other than that I've been on 5 times already and I'm gonna a go a couple more before I leave. Seriously outstanding ride!

Isn't the exit path and queue switchbacks separated by a metal fence? Or is it short enough to climb over?

Isn't the exit path and queue switchbacks separated by a metal fence? Or is it short enough to climb over?

It’s short enough to climb over and there’s an unmanned unlocked gate beteeen the two I believe.

That's the one! It seriously pissed me off that I paid $10 to upgrade my membership (my monthly charge just went through a couple days ago) and people who probably don't even have membership we're getting on the ride!

Went to the park yesterday and had a couple weird experiences...

1. At Drop of Doom, the grouper argued with me into taking a VR headset that I didn't want. He wouldn't take no for an answer and insisted that I take the headset and just leave it on the ground if I didn't want to use it. It seemed to weird for him to make extra work for the guy who has to clean them. Also, he made me wait an extra cycle when there were 3 open seats in the group before me.

2. At Batman, it took the crew 2 solid minutes to dispatch my train that was literally only half full. They were talking with each other and filling out paperwork while we just sat there. Also, when returning to the station, I saw one of the employees break a huge safety rule. Literally a second after sending the train out, he walked outside his painted line box and LEANED ONTO THE TRACK to stretch. Then he stepped back into his box after a couple seconds to bring my train in from the brakes.

CraZanity was a lot of fun. At the apex of the swing, you re literally looking behind yourself and it is a very weird and thrilling feeling. I'd say you go probably 20 degrees passed horizontal at the highest point. I started to feel a little queasy just as the ride was winding down, so I think the cycle length is just right. Though, the time between dispatches is LONG (7-8 minutes), so this line is going to kind of suck. The ROs also kept calling the harnesses "lap bars", and I was like... uh, not really? The lighting package on it is also beautiful.

^ Yeah, I've noticed that this park's operations on every ride except TC have been terrible this summer. It's definitely aggravating to stand in line and watch the ROs zone out.

I drove by the park on the 5 freeway last night and noticed Crazanity's light package. It really stands out from the rest of the park at night. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take a picture, since I was driving. Hopefully, I'll be able to head down there this week and ride it.