TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

So I'm at the park today. Brought my swim trunks and sandals so I can check out hurricane harbor for the first time. Never been to a water park to be honest. Any recommendations for my first slide?

The park isn’t crowded at all today. Both sides of Superman are open!!

Holiday week and 85 degrees heading to 112 this weekend, the park was a ghost town today Monday 7/2. Lets see what tomorrow brings.

So my first visit to hurricane harbor was pretty fun! Except my fatass got stuck on one of the slides! ( The one next to the trap door one.) Back at Magic Mountain and crowds really aren't that bad. Just watched Kwerk, which was fantastic! Now I'm gonna wait around for the fireworks!

It is so dead. Wow.

That must of been right after the fireworks show! Did you get the ERT? I didn't get it cause I have a dining pass and didn't want to spend money on food!

By the way, does anyone have an official closing date for Apocalypse/Cyclone bay? Rode it yesterday and it's gotten rougher in just these last couple weeks alone! Also, is there gonna be a pass holder preview for Crazanity? I saw them adding some landscaping and the frame for the entrance sign yesterday, and no water dummies in sight so it seems like a couple more days and it'll be good to go!

It is so dead. Wow.

That must of been right after the fireworks show! Did you get the ERT? I didn't get it cause I have a dining pass and didn't want to spend money on food!

By the way, does anyone have an official closing date for Apocalypse/Cyclone bay? Rode it yesterday and it's gotten rougher in just these last couple weeks alone! Also, is there gonna be a pass holder preview for Crazanity? I saw them adding some landscaping and the frame for the entrance sign yesterday, and no water dummies in sight so it seems like a couple more days and it'll be good to go!

Yes that was right after the fireworks. I had just gotten off work then so I decided to get a couple rides on TC before heading out, and there was no line! I didn’t do the ERT, this was in the last half hour of normal operation.

Apocalypse will be closed by the end of the weekend.

Not sure about Passholder Previews for Crazanity, they haven’t even announced anything for employees yet.

It is so dead. Wow.

I rode Apoc a few weeks ago and thought it was riding great. It really is a fun layout, so hopefully it will get some more track work while it's closed down. The track work they did last year has made a huge difference, IMO.

Went today with some friends. The place looked nice and had a lot of offerings for the events going on for the holiday. Hopefully it's the sign of cool things to come.

We watched Crazanity do a test cycle and all I could think was "Damn that thing is huge." it's an absolutely massive ride and seeing it in person got me way more excited for it.

Didn't get to stop by Cyclone Bay since I didn't see a point in taking them on Apocalypse and there's else over there anymore.

We were able to hit Twisted Colossus, Goldrusher, Batman, Goliath, Riddlers Revenge, Tatsu, and X2 in about 7 relaxed hours. It wasnt that busy, I think the longest we waited was X2 which took like an hour.

But nothing has been announced in terms of preview events.

I would not expect a preview night from SFMM for a flat ride that belongs at a carnival. Actually, I might but...really, who cares?

By the way, does anyone have an official closing date for Apocalypse/Cyclone bay? Rode it yesterday and it's gotten rougher in just these last couple weeks alone!!

Not shocked at all. Put that dumb ride out of its misery with a fire burndown. Or let Intamin plug-n-play the track, or just give RMC $10 Mill to make it better.

That ride has been through so much and just sucks.

I would not expect a preview night from SFMM for a flat ride that belongs at a carnival. Actually, I might but...really, who cares?

By the way, does anyone have an official closing date for Apocalypse/Cyclone bay? Rode it yesterday and it's gotten rougher in just these last couple weeks alone!!

Not shocked at all. Put that dumb ride out of its misery with a fire burndown. Or let Intamin plug-n-play the track, or just give RMC $10 Mill to make it better.

Am I missing something? Rode Apocalypse 4/5 weeks ago and it was great!

Wow... Mr. Positive

I rode Apocalypse four days ago and also thought it was running just fine. Better than I remember it running a couple years ago. Just goes to show that every wooden coaster ranges from “smooth” to “makes my whole body bleed”, depending on the rider.

Just got the newsletter email, membership preview for Crazanity is the 7th, 8th and 9th, but only for Gold plus and up. I've been a gold member for over 2 years now, so does that mean I can just go screw myself?
Looks like that is just for the 7th and " Then, all Season Pass Holders and Members will enjoy exclusive ride access on July​ 8 and July​ 9 from 10:30 a.​m. to 9 p.​m. each day. Just present your Pass card at the ride entrance and hop right on." Then they aren't opening til the 13 for the public. with the ceremony on the 12 Wonder why?

Well since nobody asked.... Yes 4th of July at SFMM was slammed and super crowded.
It was not slammed today. Come back for Freight Fest on a Saturday, it will be slammed. I got 2 rides each on X2, Tatsu, Twisted Colossus, Superman, Apocalypse, and Viper. No line was ever over 30-45 minutes. I was at the park for 5.5 hours. It was hot, but it will be much hotter over the next few days.

It wasn’t slammed until 3 or 4pm today and now it’s a madhouse. Currently working a 12 hour shift at the mountain.
Full Throttle was busy from the start with the ERT forthat ride. It always had a line today from what I saw.

Does anyone know of there is a way to upgrade my membership online? I mind as well get the diamond since I go so often.

I don't think there's any way to upgrade from the old gold memberships. I had to purchase the new membership and then cancel my old one.