TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ & ^^ That's great news that 2 coasters I love, are finally back in operation. Unfortunately, I'm no longer there. The problem with Rev was the lift chain broke. I can't wait to get back and ride them both again. I wish they took the VR off Lex. One can only hope...

I have a feeling this area of the park is gonna become Adrenaline Alley as Six Flags trademarked the name a few months ago.

Lol, I can't decide if "Adrenaline Alley" is why-didn't-anyone-think-of-this-before great, or typical-Six-Flags cringeworthy.

Can anyone confirm if Revolution is open or not? Testing is great news, but the website still lists it as closed. I just moved to Palm Springs back in January and got a season pass, but it’s been down the only time I’ve used it so far, and have yet to ride OSTR-free!

I work at the park and Revolution is open today. It might only be one train I’m not sure, but it’s open. Also Apocalypse is still open but it will be closed by next weekend.
Keeping it open through the 4th?

I work at the park and Revolution is open today. It might only be one train I’m not sure, but it’s open. Also Apocalypse is still open but it will be closed by next weekend.
Keeping it open through the 4th?

Yes, I’m hearing it will go down the 5th or 6th.

After seeing that map, things got much more exciting for me. This is definitely a new major coaster, and if it turns out to be a DC-Rivals style Mack Hyper like rumored, count me in!

2018 was an amazing year for coasters but 2019 isn't looking too shabby either. The "all but confirmed" ones are SFMM, Carowinds, and Kennywood along with the Nick Universe park in NJ, whatever is going in at Dollywood, and a few others I'm probably missing. Exciting times.

^ I have a feeling 2020 is going to be a good coaster year as well

I have a feeling this area of the park is gonna become Adrenaline Alley as Six Flags trademarked the name a few months ago.

Lol, I can't decide if "Adrenaline Alley" is why-didn't-anyone-think-of-this-before great, or typical-Six-Flags cringeworthy.

I'm leaning toward cringeworthy lol

Cyclone Bay seems to be now officially closed for their new 2019 project. I have a feeling this area of the park is gonna become Adrenaline Alley as Six Flags trademarked the name a few months ago. Photo is from Oh Whoops on Instagram

For it to be a new map, why does it look so old and worn out? Why are there no maps announcements anywhere else?

I don't want to be that close to someone else's germs unless they're family.

Uhhhhh...

Also Apocalypse is still open but it will be closed by next weekend.

Oh yay! They open it for a week just to close it again! Honestly I wouldn't have a problem if they tore that thing down. This park has no business maintaining a wooden coaster, and they can't seem to keep it open consistently. Really not THAT great of a ride either.

For it to be a new map, why does it look so old and worn out? Why are there no maps announcements anywhere else?

You ever walked around a park with a map in your pocket all day? Those things get beat up! Especially if you get on a water ride!

Get ready for an improvement in that corner of the park, featuring: Less trees and MORE concrete!

^You know, come to think of it, I really wouldn’t mind if they ripped out Apocalypse either. Not saying they will or they should, but it is poorly maintained and quite ugly despite providing a “slightly above average” ride when it doesn’t beat you up. It wouldn’t be much of a loss, in my opinion.

^^ SFMM could take the opportunity to become the first park with two RMC I-Box conversions! Then they would definitely have two of the best coasters on the planet lol! Undeniably a better use of Apocalypse, and I haven't even ridden it lol!

You ever walked around a park with a map in your pocket all day? Those things get beat up! Especially if you get on a water ride!

I understand that. Guess I'm saying if you're gonna post about a development like this, get a new map! LOL

^^Yeah, I don't think Apocalypse is really that bad, either. Is it a bit rough? Sure, but I've been on much worse, and it does have a great layout and speed that still hold up. And night rides on it are pretty great. I think it's worth keeping around.

^^ SFMM could take the opportunity to become the first park with two RMC I-Box conversions! Then they would definitely have two of the best coasters on the planet lol! Undeniably a better use of Apocalypse, and I haven't even ridden it lol!

I really hope they hire GCI to do the same treatment they did on Ghostrider to Apocalypse. Retrack the whole thing a theme it to a junkyard/Car shop were the trains are now themed to cars and the story is you are taking the cars out for a test ride and it gets wild. Also Six Flags has now trademarked West Coaster Racer and Maxx Force.

There is nothing wrong with Apocalypse that some track work and TLC (ala Ghostrider) wouldn't fix. People are always so quick to tear down coasters. Imagine if Knotts had just torn down Ghostrider when it was at it's worse for nearly a decade. We wouldn't have the great ride we have today.

There is nothing wrong with Apocalypse that some track work and TLC (ala Ghostrider) wouldn't fix. People are always so quick to tear down coasters. Imagine if Knotts had just torn down Ghostrider when it was at it's worse for nearly a decade. We wouldn't have the great ride we have today.

As an outsider from the UK that rode Apocalypse last month for the first time, I thought it was fantastic. Smooth, fast, fun. One of the best modern woodies i've been on for sure.

The problem with wooden coasters in environments like so cal is that they ALWAYS need TLC. Knott's still struggles with GhostRider thanks to its sheer size (still much better than it was, but definitely starting to feel it). Magic has always struggled with their wooden coasters to the point Psyclone and original Colossus first drops became I-beam track.

Turn them all into RMC conversions or Intamin laminated wood rides I say!