TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I just got off at SFMM and it honestly doesn’t feel too crowded right now. Yesterday was another story though..

As I said in an earlier post. I found out Sunday's attendance was 19,000. That's incredible! Today was much better. Only the 3 lot was full. No overflow parking today. I think it's all due to "bring a friend free" promotion.

With as much space and as many rides as SFMM has, 19,000 people shouldn't feel busy at all if that number is accurate. But that also assumes the coasters are being operated at anywhere close to theoretical capacity...

I just got off at SFMM and it honestly doesn’t feel too crowded right now. Yesterday was another story though..

As I said in an earlier post. I found out Sunday's attendance was 19,000. That's incredible! Today was much better. Only the 3 lot was full. No overflow parking today. I think it's all due to "bring a friend free" promotion.

With as much space and as many rides as SFMM has, 19,000 people shouldn't feel busy at all if that number is accurate. But that also assumes the coasters are being operated at anywhere close to theoretical capacity...

source.gif

Hopefully they're taking off the VR and giving us our single rider line back!

AGREED! Also Goliath has been having fits lately. I've been at the park the past few days, and it keeps getting stuck on the mid-course. In fact yesterday we were stuck up there for 10 minutes. One of the rideops walked up to us, and started taking names. She was then instructed to press the dispatch button up there and we release about 2 feet an stopped again. This happened two more times, and finally enough of the train was over the hill and gravity took over. They finally gave up and closed the ride (parking the train on the lift half way) about 5 yesterday. I can't see how this is so hard to fix. It's normally old reliable.

I'd be curious to know what "average" day's crowd levels are and if 19,000 is near that, or like 50% more.

Trust me, 19K is not average. There were people everywhere. All the parking lots were full. It was very crowded...

I'd be curious to know what "average" day's crowd levels are and if 19,000 is near that, or like 50% more.

Trust me, 19K is not average. There were people everywhere. All the parking lots were full. It was very crowded...

I would guess it was more than 19k and closer to 25k. Capacity is around 30-33k. 19k is busy but not insane like it was on Sunday. We usually hit 15-18k on weekdays right now.

Hopefully they're taking off the VR and giving us our single rider line back!

AGREED! Also Goliath has been having fits lately. I've been at the park the past few days, and it keeps getting stuck on the mid-course. In fact yesterday we were stuck up there for 10 minutes. One of the rideops walked up to us, and started taking names. She was then instructed to press the dispatch button up there and we release about 2 feet an stopped again. This happened two more times, and finally enough of the train was over the hill and gravity took over. They finally gave up and closed the ride (parking the train on the lift half way) about 5 yesterday. I can't see how this is so hard to fix. It's normally old reliable.

I found in the past that Goliath sticks up there in the cold weather. If it is happening in the hot summertime, that isn't good. I'm almost at the point where as long as Twisted Colossus, X2, and Tatsu have reasonable lines I only wantto ride those rides with the exception of a first thing Full Throttle ride, and Batman ride.

They really need to scrap Green Lantern and put in something different. I would love to see something like Electric Eel in it's place, but would accept a S&S free spin. Green Lantern is just plain horrible.

They really need to scrap Green Lantern and put in something different. I would love to see something like Electric Eel in it's place, but would accept a S&S free spin. Green Lantern is just plain horrible.

Funny, because Electric Eel is a Sky Rocket II, and Magic Mountain already has the Sky Rocket III, Yolocoaster. Then again, they had X2 and saw fit to put in Green Lantern in the first place...

I would guess it was more than 19k and closer to 25k. Capacity is around 30-33k. 19k is busy but not insane like it was on Sunday. We usually hit 15-18k on weekdays right now.

I'm not by no means an expert on crowd estimates. I was told that 19K number by a flash pass person. I'd agree with your number on Sunday. It was wall to wall people everywhere.

I found the location of the fireworks mortars. They're behind the big loop on Yolo coaster. They're on the cement back there. That's a strange location for them in my opinion. The fireworks according to my email from the park will start at 9:15. The park closes at 9, and YOLO always has a line. Not sure how's that going to work.

Finally they got Goliath working this afternoon. It didn't open until around 2:30 which was killing me. It ran good after that time, and I got 15 rides.

I found the location of the fireworks mortars. They're behind the big loop on Yolo coaster. They're on the cement back there. That's a strange location for them in my opinion. The fireworks according to my email from the park will start at 9:15. The park closes at 9, and YOLO always has a line. Not sure how's that going to work.

Finally they got Goliath working this afternoon. It didn't open until around 2:30 which was killing me. It ran good after that time, and I got 15 rides.

That's where they have been shooting the fireworks from the past couple of years. Before the show, they shut down Tatsu and Yolo Coaster and reopen after everything is cleared.

Hello! Next moonday I will be at Magic Mountain ... I already bought a flash pass platinum but I have a question. On the website on the Twisted Colossus page I see that there is no symbol of the flash pass.

Does this mean it can not be used with the flash pass?

Also I can still do with the flash pass two turns at a time?

Screenshot_20180627-231344.thumb.jpg.5d9abb5ce49090c4d1bd188f7e145f36.jpg

15 rides on Goliath???? You must take some advil for the helix headaches...