TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^SFMM starting construction on a project that hasn't even been announced yet?? I don't buy it...

Especially when they haven't even got their 2018 project up and running yet.

I'm still thinking the park forgot about it.

Forgot they filmed an episode of Lucifer at the park. Just came up on my DVR. Some really nice photography of the park actually. Couldn't help bursting out laughing when they refer to Viper as "the scariest ride in the park", and after the characters literally walked there from X2. Weird how TV and movies always gravitate towards Arrows. I saw the movie Action Point last night where Johnny Knoxville runs his own theme park, and the Six Flags stand-in had one coaster which was an Arrow Looper. The new vacation movie featured an Arrow looper. Wonder if there's something that makes the track photogenic or something.

This wouldn't surprise me, despite the slow opening of Crazanity. From what I hear 2019 is a larger project than 2018 including the removal of some of those buildings in Cyclone Bay. An early start makes sense in this case.

If I were a betting man, now that SpinZanity, scratch that, CraZanity is finally vertical, we're probably around a month away from opening (give or take). So we're finally in the home stretch...

Also, everyone get their last rides on Apocalypse tomorrow as the area back there is getting shut down on Monday to allow crews to work on project 2019. Originally it was slated for the 1st, but it was decided to keep the area open over the weekend.

Anyhow, it's an exciting time for the park as the 2019 coaster sounds like it's going to be huge.

If I were a betting man, now that SpinZanity, scratch that, CraZanity is finally vertical, we're probably around a month away from opening (give or take). So we're finally in the home stretch...

Also, everyone get their last rides on Apocalypse tomorrow as the area back there is getting shut down on Monday to allow crews to work on project 2019. Originally it was slated for the 1st, but it was decided to keep the area open over the weekend.

Anyhow, it's an exciting time for the park as the 2019 coaster sounds like it's going to be huge.

How true is the statement that the area will close on Monday since the rumor had dies down a bit?

I'm definitely getting excited for 2019, but I also think it's important to keep manageable expectations. We all remember what happened with Full Throttle.

Also, if 2019 indeed brings a coaster, I can't help but recognize that their 20th coaster could've been added in the year 2020 with all of the extra marketing that would bring. But then again, I'm not gonna complain about a coaster coming one year sooner! lol

I'm definitely getting excited for 2019, but I also think it's important to keep manageable expectations. We all remember what happened with YOLOcoaster.

If it's a Six Flags park, I think expectations should always be "managed" lol. We all know that they can only work within certain financial restraints (which really isn't the park's fault).

Still, I think people were pretty caught off guard by Wonder Woman so...

I'm definitely getting excited for 2019, but I also think it's important to keep manageable expectations. We all remember what happened with YOLOcoaster.

Hey hey hey... don’t be mean to YOLO! Guests and enthusiasts alike love it! Also kinda biased as a Throttle ride op haha.

But Wow, checking seats and grouping into rows at the same time is not easy.

I kind of hope it's not a racer...i feel that doubles the price per foot of track, tho it's probably not quite double.... my guess (hope) is a T-rex with stupid amounts of ejector air, long enough to feel like a complete ride and of course Giga but that parts a pipe dream unless it were like Xcelerator with a even more complete 2nd half.. we can all dream, can't we?

Hey hey hey... don’t be mean to YOLO! Guests and enthusiasts alike love it! Also kinda biased as a Throttle ride op haha.

But Wow, checking seats and grouping into rows at the same time is not easy.

Yeah the only thing disappointing about that coaster for me was the promotion. Sure, it's short, but a pretty unique coaster and always fun.

My husband got that survey, and we both thought that all the names listed were pretty much terrible. Between that and that other survey where they showed that bizarre video of a proposed extension of Superman, I practically wonder if they're just trolling?

I also like how Viper is a choice too.

I'm hoping the new ride isn't going to be a replacement for Viper since it's actually a good coaster. If anything, I'd love for them to get the Vekoma trains like SFOG did with Blue Hawk.

I'm hoping the new ride isn't going to be a replacement for Viper since it's actually a good coaster. If anything, I'd love for them to get the Vekoma trains like SFOG did with Blue Hawk.

That's what I think they should do for these Arrow loopers; instead of junking them . . . get those kind of trains

That's what I think they should do for these Arrow loopers; instead of junking them . . . get those kind of trains

I don't think it would make much of a difference. The primary cause of the roughness with old Arrow Loopers is the track. It is notorious for warping, and there's basically nothing you can do about it. New trains would be nice for a little while, but ultimately it would still be rough. The only Arrow I've seen that hasn't gone bad is Canyon Blaster in Vegas, perhaps because it's indoors.

If you watch the Arrow documentary (the whole thing is on youtube) they go into more detail about the issue.

Forgot they filmed an episode of Lucifer at the park. Just came up on my DVR. Some really nice photography of the park actually. Couldn't help bursting out laughing when they refer to Viper as "the scariest ride in the park", and after the characters literally walked there from X2. Weird how TV and movies always gravitate towards Arrows. I saw the movie Action Point last night where Johnny Knoxville runs his own theme park, and the Six Flags stand-in had one coaster which was an Arrow Looper. The new vacation movie featured an Arrow looper. Wonder if there's something that makes the track photogenic or something.
They meant to say it was the most painful ride in the park. Production didn't catch the error...