TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I was at the park yesterday - Friday for a visit. The first parking lot is now at least 50% for preferred parking. The handicap area seems to stay the same for now.

They watch it during the day to be sure nobody parks there that isn't preferred. I got there at about 9:50 and was parking 2 rows behind the security tower. Membership changes taking effect...

I was at the park yesterday - Friday for a visit. The first parking lot is now at least 50% for preferred parking. The handicap area seems to stay the same for now.

They watch it during the day to be sure nobody parks there that isn't preferred. I got there at about 9:50 and was parking 2 rows behind the security tower. Membership changes taking effect...

HI Coasternut,

It was a pleasure meeting you at the park last week. Did you go again? Did they remove the diamond elite parking from the RV? I'm so confused. It looks like they underestimated how many diamond elites pass they were going to sell.

Hey have you taken the new survey for sfmm? They actually have a bad A$$ ride concept using the superman tower. Personally I think this would be a great attraction for the park. Here is a video I captured of it. Sorry for the watermark on the video.

https://streamable.com/zgp5p

lol at MM making a ride that long.

For all the people who think this is fake here's the survey: https://goo.gl/h1cr5a

I tried another email not attached to see if I could do it and it worked just fine so you can do it too haha.

Holy sh!t!!

Soooo... Is SFMM trying to go for the "highest inversion in the world" record, while breathing some new life into Superman?? Or was this an email they had scheduled to go out tomorrow (April 1st) but someone screwed up and it got sent out early???

I mean, aside from the AWFUL job in NL... if it were a bit more realistic, I guess I could see them doing something like this?? (Personally I highly doubt it... But trying to give the whole survey video thing the benefit of the doubt.)

HI Coasternut,

It was a pleasure meeting you at the park last week. Did you go again? Did they remove the diamond elite parking from the RV? I'm so confused. It looks like they underestimated how many diamond elites pass they were going to sell.

Yes, it was good meeting and talking to you last week. Yes, I was at the park Tuesday -- Friday until 2pm. Yes, they moved the preferred parking to most of the first lot now on Friday morning. I'm sure they underestimated the members that bought the special parking on their diamond membership.

Despite the terrible name, I actually like the colors quite a bit.

I really feel like Crazanity would have been a better name for one of these when SFMM gets one.

sfft-hq-1_600x300.jpg

Agreed. I'm honestlyl suprised we didn't get that ride. It looks like the inversion crazyness SFMM loves.

Quick update on the state of the virtual reality on Lex Luthor as of 4/3. The addition has definitely resulted in the popularity boost they wanted, with lines nearing the door in the queue house, but not without a noticeable impact on the dispatch times. The VR has better graphics and definitely feels much more well implemented on Lex Luthor, but the text boxes are hilariously out of place and the idea of obscuring the amazing views on a drop tower as tall as this one is amazingly stupid. The worst part about it is the shape that the headsets are in. They are the same ones as were used on The New Revolution, and there clearly has been minimal changes since TNR closed. I was the first rider of the day, using the still honored gold pass early entry to score a ride before the queues got ungodly long, so I was amazed by what I saw when they handed me the VR headset. The interior of it was encrusted with dirt and grime, with the stitching on the padding coming loose with hair and lint stuck on the exposed adhesive. I usually take the "Well, its Six Flags what can you do" mentality when it comes to these things but this disregard for cleanliness takes it a step too far. I asked for another headset and they obliged, but it was only marginally better than the first. This really shows that they aren't even investing in wet wipes to clean the VR, and are simply using them as a quick head-turner before the summer season and heavier crowds come.

image1.thumb.jpeg.a9f1d4fe841aef3eddf644a6220cbfcc.jpeg

The ride concept...awesome but the first two elements (inversions) are missed opportunities for epic airtime, something im sure we could all agree Magic Mountain lacks....inversions are cool but enough is enough...

Yeah just a way for them to get a new record. But hey all in all i would keep it the same but without the barrel roll on the hill section.

I think that Superman could be modified into a full circuit coaster, and while rough, the video has some interesting ideas. For example, could the tower be modified to send the coaster train up 460 ft? That gives them a record for height, which is good marketing. Certainly enough dead space up on the hill to make it happen. Nothing up there past Ninja to Superman worth saving. Make you wonder if they are going to switch over to a hydraulic launch like Ka as well.

The interior of it was encrusted with dirt and grime, with the stitching on the padding coming loose with hair and lint stuck on the exposed adhesive.

In fairness, I rode the SFOT VR on Shockwave soon after it opened, and the goggles were absolutely filthy there as well. They had a station of employees "cleaning" them, but it was apparent that the station was mainly to create an illusion of sorts as the employees were preoccupied and barely even touching the headsets with their wipes. They headsets were loaded with lint, hair, bugs, scabs, pus etc. as well. Unfortunately, I think that's what it'll take to finally put a nail in the coffin of this gimmick — a small-scale outbreak of eye-herpes all traced to one of these things.