TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Falcons Fury is apparently always busy, and was pulling an hour line when we were there in December.

That said, our Zumanjaro rarely has an type of significant wait, though while I do think part of it is the intimidation factor, you also have to walk to Guam to ride it which I believe turns some people off.

On busy days, LL's queue room will fill up a bit, but on regular days, there's nobody in there — not even staff. My unscientific analysis (which may or may not be rooted to my own anxiety) is that the ride's high-intimidation factor outweighs its fun, keeping people from riding it as consistently as they would ride something like Goliath. I've overheard several people mention that they've ridden everything except that one, and I also know several SFMM fans who have never ridden it — and probably never will. I think there are folks around here who don't go near drop towers too, right? Are there any drop towers in the US that do consistently draw a crowd (aside from stuff like Tower of Terror — or whatever it's called these days). As the result, I'm not sure that "further intensifying" the ride and advertising it as a new experience will bring more people in, but time will tell.

i also believe intimidation is a factor here. maybe it will be worse with a camera strapped to your head? lol two of my friends i go there with won't ride it. you don't realize how stapled you are until your ride, and that many more drop rides are much scarier than drop of doom.

Falcons Fury is apparently always busy, and was pulling an hour line when we were there in December.

Yeah, that's one that I was thinking might be an exception. I'd probably wait an hour to try that one, and I'm not the biggest fan of drop towers. The face-down position looks more exhilarating than terrifying to me. The King's Island one seemed very popular when I visited the park as well.

i also believe intimidation is a factor here. maybe it will be worse with a camera strapped to your head? lol two of my friends i go there with won't ride it. you don't realize how stapled you are until your ride, and that many more drop rides are much scarier than drop of doom.

I've ridden it many times — and will often marathon it if the place is quiet. But the height combined with seating and restraint system still freaks me out to this day (even though the actual drop is fairly tame). That, and the fact that the tower's wobble is very noticeable. I can only imagine that obscured vision will make it more intimidating.

I rode it today. It wasn't that bad, and I'm not necessarily a huge fan of VR. The graphic image quality is not great, but it is oddly effective and mildly humorous (both intentional and un). Personally, I really wished it had been augmented VR, so you could still take in the view.

On the plus side, since there aren't as many riders to check, the wait/dispatch times are actually not that terrible--much better than they were for TNR. So if there does have to be one ride with VR, operationally, this is a much better fit.

On the minus side, they did confirm that single rider will be discontinued as long as VR is on it.

^ I rode it today also with VR. I'm not a fan of VR. I didn't use the goggles when TNR had it. I'll ride Lex again, but without the VR. Just give me the bracelet, and let me enjoy the ride. I like reality, and don't need any virtual reality.

I'm really missing the single rider line. I mentioned this to the ride ops today when I rode it. The delays for dispatches weren't nearly as bad as they were with TNR.

I'm glad to hear dispatches are going more smoothly on LL than on TNR, but that's a bummer about the single rider line. I'll wait to judge the VR after I actually try it, but for me, most of the thrill of LL is the view from the top, so the VR will probably be a "one and done" for me.

How have crowds been so far this week? I heard it's expected to be packed these next couple of weeks, but I haven't been to the park in a while and could use some quality coaster time.

That said, our Zumanjaro rarely has an type of significant wait, though while I do think part of it is the intimidation factor, you also have to walk to Guam to ride it which I believe turns some people off.

I must have gotten lucky in October 2016, I managed to get like 8 rides on Falcon's Fury in like 30 minutes. It was walk on

Zumi also never really has a wait, but more of a wait than FF did when I went

^^ Much to my surprise the crowd wasn't bad today. Maybe that was because it was cooler than it will be the rest of the week. Less than 2 1/2 parking lots full. Also I noticed 2 workers grinding the track on the Green Lantern. I hate this ride, but I found it unusual that it was being worked on with a High lift.

^Yeah, I didn't think it was very crowded for a Spring Break crowd either... but I also left around 12:30, so I didn't know if it lasted.

I did notice there was a fair amount of people wearing the Gold membership lanyards and cards. It made me wonder, does anyone have one yet? Especially the Elite level? I'm curious how they handle the "front of the line on one/two rides" (depending on membership level) pass for those cards. I'm assuming they scan your pass at the Fast Lane, somehow?

^Yeah, I didn't think it was very crowded for a Spring Break crowd either... but I also left around 12:30, so I didn't know if it lasted.

I did notice there was a fair amount of people wearing the Gold membership lanyards and cards. It made me wonder, does anyone have one yet? Especially the Elite level? I'm curious how they handle the "front of the line on one/two rides" (depending on membership level) pass for those cards. I'm assuming they scan your pass at the Fast Lane, somehow?

I have the Diamond Elite Pass and went twice to pick it up and they didn't have them in. Said the cards where not in yet! Going next week, so hopefully next they will have them and if not. I will be raising hell at SFMM!

I have the Diamond Elite Pass and went twice to pick it up and they didn't have them in. Said the cards where not in yet! Going next week, so hopefully, next they will have them and if not. I will be raising hell at SFMM!

I got the diamond elite card Monday. My understanding is they were out of Platinumn. You get your exit pass at the flash pass center. There were alot of people going in the morning. My advice wait until afternoon when it gets busy to get your exit pass. Superman and X2 are exempt.

I got the diamond elite card Monday. My understanding is they were out of Platinumn. You get your exit pass at the flash pass center. There were alot of people going in the morning. My advice wait until afternoon when it gets busy to get your exit pass. Superman and X2 are exempt.

So you'll get exit passes? That's an interesting way of doing it. I'm bummed x2 is exempt, but I can see why. I am a bit surprised Superman is exempt. If anything else, I would've thought other exemptions would be Tatsu or FT, just because of their massive popularity with the GP. I know Superman has a relatively low capacity, but are there really that many people riding it? I mean, I like it a lot for what it is, but given all the other coasters in the park, it would seem to be somewhat low on the GP's radar.

I know Superman has a relatively low capacity, but are there really that many people riding it? I mean, I like it a lot for what it is, but given all the other coasters in the park, it would seem to be somewhat low on the GP's radar.

i also like superman for what it is, but rarely ever ride it because the line is often too long. anywhere near the entrance of the building is long for me. i need to just ride on a ghost town day.

I know Superman has a relatively low capacity, but are there really that many people riding it? I mean, I like it a lot for what it is, but given all the other coasters in the park, it would seem to be somewhat low on the GP's radar.

i also like superman for what it is, but rarely ever ride it because the line is often too long. anywhere near the entrance of the building is long for me. i need to just ride on a ghost town day.

Yeah I agree, that queue is miserable and slow moving since they rarely run both sides..anything other than a few train wait is too much for me.

Yeah I agree, that queue is miserable and slow moving since they rarely run both sides..anything other than a few train wait is too much for me.

oh, let me also add that, i can wait, but what often makes the wait worse is, if it's a hot summer day and you get stuck near someone, or a whole line of people, with end of the day BO.

I still dislike Superman for being one of the first single-element roller coasters to still be considered a roller coaster. People complain about Fireball's being a roller coaster for just having a loop, but Superman is half a hill at best.

People complain about Fireball's being a roller coaster for just having a loop, but Superman is half a hill at best.

Sure, just forget the whole launch and drop part.

Step right up folks, step right up and ride, "Lift Hill the Ride©"!

oh, let me also add that, i can wait, but what often makes the wait worse is, if it's a hot summer day and you get stuck near someone, or a whole line of people, with end of the day BO.

Yeah thats exactly what I mean when I say that queue is miserable - it's enclosed, there's no ventilation, and the A/C never completely works, so it's always hot humid and nasty in there.

I still dislike Superman for being one of the first single-element roller coasters to still be considered a roller coaster. People complain about Fireball's being a roller coaster for just having a loop, but Superman is half a hill at best.

I mean, I'll take Superman over a Fireball any damn day. What looks like something more on paper doesn't always mean it will be a better experience.

awesome idea!! especially for a not as popular attraction like this one!!

FWIW the Lex Luther VR was a surprise for most in the maintenance dept. They kept it under wraps extremely well during development. The attendance has been so low due to the new year round schedule that they are busting out random surprises. Whether it'll work out, we'll see. On an additional positive note, I've noticed they have hired several disabled yet fully capable adults.

Yeah thats exactly what I mean when I say that queue is miserable - it's enclosed, there's no ventilation, and the A/C never completely works, so it's always hot humid and smells like bigfoots dick.

fixed.

Yeah thats exactly what I mean when I say that queue is miserable - it's enclosed, there's no ventilation, and the A/C never completely works, so it's always hot humid and smells like bigfoots dick.

fixed.

actually Superman HVAC is working normally at the present moment. subject to change on 100 degree Valencia days. You must have come last year before compressors were fixed.

Please understand the amount of vandalism we deal with. Been on X2 lately? People will carve into just about any surface from toilet seats to roller coaster restraints. It is very expensive and frustrating. Mirrors aren’t even an option anymore.