TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^Try telling that to Elissa and the people who were lucky enough to try Insane!

My understanding is that the "ninja stars" are actually just to prevent loose articles from getting in there, and the ride actually has adjustable settings on the spin resistance which the park turned up. Unfortunately yes, Six Flags butchered the ride. It was good when it first opened. However the major issue that led to them making changes is that often times the cars would return to the station in a way where they had to be manually righted, and with their rules that had to be done by a mechanic. So, every single time that happened, they would have to make a call and wait for a mechanic to come over. Definitely a bummer the ride is pretty lame as it sits now.

My bad! It's still definitely tighter on the turns though, you can tell just by watching the videos in comparison with Insane.

^Try telling that to Elissa and the people who were lucky enough to try Insane!

What does that have to do with the ride not being a good fit for SFMM?

1) People in America are notorious pussies, who don't want to deal with any discomfort on their rides. You could pick up Insane, in it's original form, plop it down at SFMM, and people would still complain (granted I'm talking about every day guests...parks don't care much what we think).

2) the capacity at a park like SFMM is atrocious. So much so, that any good will towards the ride would evaporate once people got to the front of the line. People would be ready to hate it.

Hated GL since the first day I rode it. I think SFMM wasted money on this ride and space. I wish they would have put in a coaster like El Toro at Circus Circus. Make it a little larger with more inversions. That would fit perfect!

Or remove it and put some crazy flat rides.

^El Loco rather?

Darn auto correct on my phone, sorry!

Yes El Loco would be a lot better then GL. Of course that is my opinion!

If they were to remove Green Lantern soon, which I don't think they will, I would love to see them put a Skyline Eclipse in its place! It has a long and skinny layout so it could fit. They could also give it a Harley Quinn theme or a Wonder Woman theme (retheming that old round up of course).

If they were to remove Green Lantern soon, which I don't think they will, I would love to see them put a Skyline Eclipse in its place! It has a long and skinny layout so it could fit. They could also give it a Harley Quinn theme or a Wonder Woman theme (retheming that old round up of course).

We have a loopy ride with full throttle. This is over kill. We need more flats and a giga.

We have a loopy ride with YOLOcoaster. This is over kill. We need more flats and a giga.

Lots of the rides loop at Magic Mountain. Lol. I do agree with you on half of that, you guys really do need some more flat rides. I'd love to see them renovate Cyclone Bay and put a couple flat rides where the slingshot used to be. I'd love to see maybe like two more family flat rides and then a thrill ride. I'd love to see them get a tourbillon ride, some flying scooters, and then a Zamperla disco.

If only SFMM has waited a couple more years, we could have gotten a S&S Freefly instead of a Zacspin....

=/

Not necessarily. It may very well have been GL's failure that prompted Six Flags to install S&S Free Spins at their other parks, instead of ZacSpins.

If only SFMM has waited a couple more years, we could have gotten a S&S Freefly instead of a Zacspin....

=/

Not necessarily. It may very well have been GL's failure that prompted Six Flags to install S&S Free Spins at their other parks, instead of ZacSpins.

and also the reason intamin redesigned the zacspin.

Had my first full-day Magic Mountain visit in years last week. I've been lucky to have time to stop for Twisted Colossus on my way to Long Beach twice, but haven't enjoyed the whole park in a while. What a time to go to the parks! On Friday there was no one in the park, though Saturday had minimal waits & Sunday was busy. I was able to ride front row on X2 twice in a row without getting off on Friday. The park from Full Throttle all the way to the new Justice League ride looks great, especially now that they are fixing up the midway. I actually seen many management walking around the park both days I visited & even seen them in the parking lot emptying trash.

The best part is the TC crew was able to have the trains race every single run on both days. We took a break in the parking lot and watching the trains race for a while & it was just as fun to watch. Goliath & Green Lantern never opened unfortunately. The park is honestly looking great these days. Unfortunately, the area from Jetstream to Apocalypse now look even more hideous after walking through the lovely areas they've fixed up. Hopefully that's next on the list (maybe a new coaster in Deju's spot to cap it off). Revolution is ride-able once again thanks to the new trains and the ride is enjoyable once again.

I LOVE the new Justice League ride! Took me by surprise as there are a lot more animations and gags than I would have imagined on a Sixflags's budget. My only complaint was the final scene was very dark, but very impressive entering the room. Good job on this dark ride Six Flags! I can't wait to ride it again as I only had one ride. Riddler was one of my favorite coasters but I guess I had no earrings last time as I rode, as my friend and I came off in pain due to the headbanging.

Awesome that you got such a good crew on TC! That ride is incredible when it races. Still very good when it doesn't, but the racing makes the ride. Justice League is a fantastic dark ride, and I agree way better than I expected from SF. Very impressed. Sounds like you had a good time.

I don't understand the hate Green Lantern gets around here. I've ridden it a few times and actually really like the ride. I think it's rather unique.

For me it's the puke factor. I had the same problem with X2. There aren't even many flats I can go on. (It's actually the reason I was given a PDQ from military service). For example, I can't even be a passenger in a car, especially on mountain roads. I have to be the driver or I have to sit in the front passenger seat and stare straight forward with air blowing air on my face. Good thing I'm a coaster enthusiast. Oddly enough spinning coasters such as Sierra Sidewinder don't effect me. Maybe because the spins are so quick and ride is over so fast, as opposed to flats which can go just go on and on for minutes.

I don't understand the hate Green Lantern gets around here. I've ridden it a few times and actually really like the ride. I think it's rather unique.

Personally, I call it the grunt lantern. When it spins you hear all the guys grunt as their nuts get crushed. I rode it twice when it first opened, once forward and once backwards. That was enough for me!

and nobody believed me when i said beach boardwalk would looked mitchmatched and uglyyyyy

-

(especially when you consider this is in addition to a patriotic color schemed Johnny Rockets, plus a sky blue and tangerine neon orange giant swing, blue and yellow bumper car attraction, accompanying brick planters scattered throughout the area)

6F49C69B-D818-4964-9C8B-760E8D8D0A02.thumb.png.c1ff42788fe6112107c79508ccb37e29.png

The park from YOLOcoaster all the way to the new Justice League ride looks great, especially now that they are fixing up the midway. I actually seen many management walking around the park both days I visited & even seen them in the parking lot emptying trash.

Sounds like a fantastic day, and I fully agree with many of your observations as to how strong the park is these days (a heretical claim in this thread!) Many areas of the park do indeed look great, the staff is consistently friendly, the place is clean and well-maintained etc. There's certainly work to be done, but it's very obvious that they're making strides in a number of areas. Hopefully, they'll keep that awful smartphone gimmick off of Revolution from this point on so that people can actually enjoy the ride again.

Ultimately it comes down to personal taste and preference, but this is one ride that seems to be widely unpopular — even beyond the halls of coaster fandom. The concept is intriguing and definitely unique, but the execution is beyond flawed. For me, it's not just the worst ride in the park; it's the worst ride I've ever been on anywhere. Still, it has its fans.

Awesome that you got such a good crew on TC! That ride is incredible when it races. Still very good when it doesn't, but the racing makes the ride. Justice League is a fantastic dark ride, and I agree way better than I expected from SF. Very impressed. Sounds like you had a good time.

I agree. It's the one ride everyone in my party keeps talking about. It's always a good time on TC! It was a very successful trip and my brother had a great birthday weekend. Very pleased & have a reason to drive down on the off-season as they're quite enjoyable compared to my summer visits of the past.

The best part is the TC crew was able to have the trains race every single run on both days.

Hard to believe huh? New year, new mountain?

and nobody believed me when i said beach boardwalk would looked mitchmatched and uglyyyyy

-

(especially when you consider this is in addition to a patriotic color schemed Johnny Rockets, plus a sky blue and tangerine neon orange giant swing, blue and yellow bumper car attraction, accompanying brick planters scattered throughout the area)

I don't see what's so bad about it. It's suppose to be colorful. Besides, they're not done yet.