TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I honestly am surprised that Scream was not relocated to another park by this point.

I'll admit that this is a busy week, but here are the posted wait times from Queue Times for the last few days.

12/26: 70 Minutes

12/27: 70 Minutes

12/28: 100 Minutes

12/29: 100 Minutes

12:30: 100 Minutes

12/31: 70 Minutes

1/1: 55 Minutes

... seems like it's a very popular ride with everyone besides whiny coaster enthusiasts.

You mean like X2?

I honestly am surprised that Scream was not relocated to another park by this point.

I'll admit that this is a busy week, but here are the posted wait times from Queue Times for the last few days.

... seems like it's a very popular ride with everyone besides whiny coaster enthusiasts.

How many trains are they running?

They were apparently running two yesterday, so I assume that's what they've been doing all week.

You mean like X2?

I don't exactly have my finger on the pulse of the latest happenings at Magic Mountain but from what little I have seen that always seemed like more of a "love it or hate it" ride with everyone. Maybe it's the same thing with Scream, but I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can really find a B&M floorless coaster rough. Maybe I'm wrong, but with wait times like that it seems like Scream is a very popular ride. X2 (which is notorious for huge lines) was generally posting wait times that were about even with what Scream was posting.

You mean like X2?

^^Have you been on Scream lately? It's one of the roughest B&M coasters I've ever been on. I have no idea why it is either, but it is.

That said, rough for B&M is still relatively rideable. But by comparison, it's one of their weakest ones in terms of ride quality. Which is a shame... it's the only dive loop in SoCal, which is my favorite inversion.

^^Have you been on Scream lately? It's one of the roughest B&M coasters I've ever been on. I have no idea why it is either, but it is.

That said, rough for B&M is still relatively rideable. But by comparison, it's one of their weakest ones in terms of ride quality. Which is a shame... it's the only dive loop in SoCal, which is my favorite inversion.

It’s so smooth though! Riddler is the rough coaster here. I have never had any kind of head banging on Scream, so I can’t relate to that.

Riddlers Revenge has 2 dive loops...

Scream is not bumpy in a head banging way, but in a not-quite-square-but-possibly-octogonal wheels.

Okay, it seems I meant zero g roll--though I always thought they were called a dive loop, and RRv had two Immelmanns. And I mean zero g roll on a non-inverted coaster.

So now we can begin nitpicking all the names of inversions.

So now that Magic Mountain has gone to year round operations . . .

It'll be interesting to see what kind of crowds they have in the winter months (now through the end of March) and what rides will be not operating on certain days.

I already see their hours for all days in January are 10:30-6

Scream > Riddler’s Revenge

I’ve enjoyed every ride I’ve ever had on Scream. Riddler’s on the other hand, has left me with a headache every time I’ve ridden it over the last 5 years. I’ve given up on it and I’d almost rather ride Green Lantern.

The head banging I can understand, but if you’re a coaster enthusiast who still doesn’t know how to ride a B&M stand-up properly and not come off the ride with sore balls, I don’t know what to tell you. Adjust the “seat” an inch below your crotch and there will be no discomfort at all.

The head banging I can understand, but if you’re a coaster enthusiast who still doesn’t know how to ride a B&M stand-up properly and not come off the ride with sore balls, I don’t know what to tell you. Adjust the “seat” an inch below your crotch and there will be no discomfort at all.

My issue with the B&M stand-ups is the head-banging and leg pain. I'm pretty sure I'd love Riddler's Revenge if it had floorless or sit-down vehicles since that layout is fantastic.

took my nephew from north carolina to sfmm today since there's a free friend this week. currently typing waiting for the ibuprofen to kick in.

Scream back row, rattles your head like crazy. they were running the two orange and blue trains. the old color train was off track.

twisted colossus was great. only rode once, nothing close to a race. there was one great employee, Isaiah. he checked at least 2/3 of his side, and jogged back every time. the other side, well, not so much.

it's taken me this long to ride apocalypse. when was this thing partially re-tracked? didn't feel one bit different than the last time i rode it.

did X2 and tried like hell not to bang my head on the last raven but didn't happen. wack!

anyway, wasn't too crowded. about a normal summer day. two full lots. but some rides had long lines. goliath, yolo and tatsu were pretty long, so we skipped them. yolo was one train. not sure about the others.

looking forward to the weekdays coming up.

oh, and if anyone was wondering about the trash cans talked about earlier...

IMG_2311.thumb.JPG.66849d9d5058e290e426af7f5b5dce3b.JPG

Not sure what to tell you but if you're 6'3" and have a torso longer than your legs, it's impossible. Thanks for playing.

giphy.gif

Not sure what to tell you but if you're 6'3" and have a torso longer than your legs, it's impossible. Thanks for playing.

I'm 6'2" and when last I checked I'm not Stacy Keibler with 3' legs. southpuddle's description is correct, though sometimes Riddler's seats don't adjust very easily, and it's very possible. Just put the seat all the way down, get in, straddle, make sure you're standing normally, then lift the seat back up to about an inch or so south of where it counts. You'll be fine.

I'm 6'2" and when last I checked I'm not Stacy Keibler with 3' legs. southpuddle's description is correct, though sometimes Riddler's seats don't adjust very easily, and it's very possible. Just put the seat all the way down, get in, straddle, make sure you're standing normally, then lift the seat back up to about an inch or so south of where it counts. You'll be fine.

Unfortunately, the seat lifts all the way to the top for my shoulders, and my balls are firmly pressed against the seat without any other room for adjustment. Everyone can say what works for them, it doesn't mean it works for everyone else. It doesn't make my statements any less true than it does yours.

Just got back from the park.

Full Throttle is still on one train, so it pulled a big line all day, but the rest of the rides weren’t too bad. Tatsu’s lower queue was about 2/3 full and only took 30 minutes. Twisted Colossus’s line just about filled the whole building, and it was only 20 minutes. And the operations weren’t even that great, although we did get lucky and race both rounds on TC.

The mid-level B&Ms (Scream, Batman, Riddler) had 15-20 minute waits, and most other rides had equal or smaller waits, with Viper being a walk-on. WAY less crowded than last week, but I have a feeling some of these weekdays in February and March will be absolutely dead, like Knott’s.

Like I said on the last page or so, Scream is actually running well. Having both trains refurbished now really seemed to help the ride. I used to be a huge critic of it, but after getting a half dozen or so consistently good rides (in varying places throughout the train) throughout the last couple months, I think it jumped a few spots in my Floorless rankings. Viper is still better in terms of the park’s multi-loopers, but I actually make an effort to ride Scream now rather than pretending it doesn’t exist.

Batman still kicks tons of a$$ and is glass smooth. I’m glad to see this ride pull decent lines on busy days, because I’ve always thought it was one of the more overlooked rides in the park. I think Green Lantern never being open also plays a part in Batman’s longer-than-usual lines.

Overall a good day at the park. My spring break is weirdly early this year, so I’m hoping to visit during the week and get walk-ons on most rides. If the park manages to keep their rides running somewhat efficiently (for SFMM standards), I’m a big fan of 365-day operation.

^^Waiting for someone to defend that........

ekJ48.gif

I guess the park expects people to miss that because they'll be blown away by the fresh paint in the DC Plaza area...

But seriously, how does any member of management from supervisor all the way up to GM walk by that and not immediately take action??

^^Waiting for someone to defend that........

ekJ48.gif

I guess the park expects people to miss that because they'll be blown away by the fresh paint in the DC Plaza area...

But seriously, how does any member of management from supervisor all the way up to GM walk by that and not immediately take action??

They don’t walk by it, that’s the issue. I’ve never even seen a custodial employee out in the parking lot. It would take a solid crew of 5 or 6 at any given time to keep the area clean with the high volumes of trash the parking lot sees. They should really invest in it.