TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I find that riding Tatsu, Ninja or Twisted Colossus instead helps to mitigate some of the more violent shitiness of X2. It's really okay to admit that X2 sucks. Come on... you know you want to.

It's a very cool concept, the first drop is unbelievably amazing but everything that follows it is almost comically terrible.

Thank you! I absolutely hate that ride. Never rode it as "X" but I rode "X2" once. Never again.

I rode it as X and thought it was the worst piece of sh*t ever. Ten years later I rode it again (as an upcharge on top of a Platinum Flash Pass) as X2 after spending a decade hearing about how great the ride is and how much better the new trains were and it was just as horrendous as I had remembered. Never again.

"Stair" side of X2 is smoother than "ramp" side.

Ever since X2 re-opened I've noticed that if you ride on ramp side in the last "half/half" into the breaks the seats have a very violent "jolt" that will bash the back of your head. It is extremely painful as it feels like someone is hitting you in the back of the head with a 2 by 4.

Riding first thing in the morning, stair side, making the restraints as tight as possible, and riding towards the back inside seat will provide the smoothest possible ride.

I rode it as X and thought it was the worst piece of sh*t ever. Ten years later I rode it again (as an upcharge on top of a Platinum Flash Pass) as X2 after spending a decade hearing about how great the ride is and how much better the new trains were and it was just as horrendous as I had remembered. Never again.

I love how riding it twice, ten years apart, makes your opinion rock solid and irrefutable.

I've had good rides on X2 and bad rides. And so-so rides. That said, it's a unique, one of a kind experience that I think most locals take for granted.

I love how riding it twice, ten years apart, makes your opinion rock solid and irrefutable.

I've had good rides on X2 and bad rides. And so-so rides. That said, it's a unique, one of a kind experience that I think most locals take for granted.

You're right on that. I happen to find the ride extremely uncomfortable, so I almost always skip it. But it does deserve credit for being the most radically unique concept to come out of the coaster wars.

Call me crazy, but Scream's rattle honestly bothers me more than X2's and Viper's jerkiness. X2 is rough, but I still consider it one of the best rides in the park. The way it throws and flips you around, especially on the last raven turn, is insanely fun. There's also nothing quite like the mini-heart attack you get when going backwards down the pre-drop and flipping over for the first drop.

Call me crazy, but Scream's rattle honestly bothers me more than X2's and Viper's jerkiness.

This.

I don't know why they can't keep that ride smooth. I rode in a fully refurbished and repainted train a few weeks ago, and it still sucked as much as it always has. Honestly, Riddler's Revenge, Viper, and Batman are all so much better when it comes to basic looping coasters at the park.

Yeah, x2 sucks...they should tear down x2 and viper for a giga that well never get or just an epic rmc woodie

Wouldn't bother me one bit if the park decided to move on from X2, I have such a love/hate relationship with that ride. I'd much rather have a ride that I could just love. But the ride is still iconic, no matter what we all say so...

I always hear about the B&M Rattle, Intamin problems or what ever company has a coaster out their. Someone will always pick a ride apart! It's funny to hear people talk about X & X2 and how it's a Piece of SH...! That's fine in all and we are entitle to our opinions.

With X2 being close to 20 years old it was and still is a revolutionary ride! Having a family member help with the construction and to finally see the outcome of it has been awesome for him and me. Everytime i driver up and see it, i think back to when I first rode it. This ride was the first ride to give me that OH SH.... feeling! Being my home park, I'm a little bias! Like I said before, I take the good, the bad and ugly of this ride.

This could be an issue but who knows. When I am in line for X or any coaster I see a large person trying to squeeze in the seat and have the restraint barely come down. When that train comes back to the station I hear, that was horrible ride and it was uncomfortable. These rides were build when people weren't as large and I am sure that has portion to do with it.

Call me crazy, but Scream's rattle honestly bothers me more than X2's and Viper's jerkiness. X2 is rough, but I still consider it one of the best rides in the park. The way it throws and flips you around, especially on the last raven turn, is insanely fun. There's also nothing quite like the mini-heart attack you get when going backwards down the pre-drop and flipping over for the first drop.

100% agree with you.

I wouldn't shed a tear if Scream were removed from the park.

Scream, IMO, is the worst ride in the park. Rattles like crazy, slow, boring layout, and no interesting theming or landscaping. The only positive thing about Scream is that it looks cool from the parking lot.

I really like Green Lantern. Yes, I said it. It's the most intense ride in the park and really freaks people out. My last ride on it was outstanding. Those drops are amazing. I don't know, I feel like people like to pile on this one and the bashing of it is a little unfair. It's obviously not a ride for everyone I will admit, but I have a special place for unique, freaky ass coasters that have their way with with me.

My first ride on Green Lantern was decent, but my ride last year was terrible. When your car miraculously flips and then gets stuck upside down for the entire second half, that's not the most comfortable experience.

Grona Lund showed how these ZacSpins should really be run.

For all two people that care, Green Lantern is down until the end of the year (if not longer) so no need to worry about riding it.

All the park would need to do to make it a better ride though would just be to simply remove the magnetic brake that prevents the cars from freely spinning.

^^Any reason it's down for so long? I care a little bit.

A gesture of mercy perhaps?

Whenever SFMM runs Revolution without the awful Pink-Eye Delivery System or closes Green Lantern for any reason whatsoever, I consider it an act of goodwill. They should even consider promoting it on their website and social media platforms: "New for Fall 2018! Green Lantern Closed! Revolution Cell-Phone Experience — Out Of Service!"