TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ Nope. Not gonna happen. We're not going to let them out of Vancouver, Canada.

Where Gotham is filmed. And The Flash. And Supergirl. And Supernatural. Once Upon A Time, too.

They must jet back and forth a lot, because they're always filming Gotham here in NYC. Have walked past production trailers and no-parking signs for location shoots several times, and one scene was filmed in the same location my wife and I had our wedding photography shoot.

That being said, maybe if Morena Baccarin and Ben McKenzie were sitting next to us, I could actually talk my wife into getting on a coaster for once in her life.

Is Justice League still on course for a Memorial Day weekend?? Havent heard many progress updates...

As far as I know, they are behind now. The interior is coming along, but not enough to start testing. The exterior hasn't even really broken ground.

The exterior hasn't even really broken ground.

Yeah in the most recent pics I saw, it still looked like a big warehouse. Cant help but wonder if all the uncharacteristic rain we had earlier this year threw them off shedule a bit.

Take this for a grain of salt, but I've heard that the park had some permitting issues which was why they started going vertical so late so the construction schedule was always going to be tight. So with the rain they might have been thrown off as well.

They do have people working inside the ride pretty much 24/7 right now though to get it done.

How will the crowd and lines be on the 22nd-24th this month? No special events or anything on those days according to the site. I know CSUN finishes on the 19th I think that's college not LAUSD so should be walk ons?

Park Journey posted on their Facebook page that Apocalypse reopened this morning.

any word on whether it's better??

This was their comment:

It's definitely better. Not opening day good but better. Rode in back going to ride in front this time.

How will the crowd and lines be on the 22nd-24th this month? No special events or anything on those days according to the site. I know CSUN finishes on the 19th I think that's college not LAUSD so should be walk ons?

Capture.JPG.e720c26d126b35f6eed262a698e6c4e4.JPG

CSUN doesn't have much of an impact on SFMM's crowds, in my experience. If you go mid-week while LAUSD is still in session, you should be fine.

My family and I will be in the LA area during the end of May and we have two days set aside for parks. One day at Magic Mountain and the next day at Knott's. We're looking at Friday May 26th and Saturday May 27th for either of the two and I am going to assume that Saturday will be the busier day at either of the parks. Would it be better to spend Friday, the less crowded day at Magic Mountain and then the more crowded Saturday at Knott's or vise versa?

My family and I will be in the LA area during the end of May and we have two days set aside for parks. One day at Magic Mountain and the next day at Knott's. We're looking at Friday May 26th and Saturday May 27th for either of the two and I am going to assume that Saturday will be the busier day at either of the parks. Would it be better to spend Friday, the less crowded day at Magic Mountain and then the more crowded Saturday at Knott's or vise versa?

I'd definitely spend Friday at Magic Mountain, although both parks will most likely be packed on Saturday. If you're at Magic Mountain right when they open, you should be able to hit everything worth going on by the end of the day. Same with Knott's. If you're not planning to spend an entire day at either park, I'd definitely get a flash pass. I've never used the one at Knott's but I can tell you from personal experience that a platinum pass, although pricey, is DEFINITELY worth it at Magic Mountain on a crowded day. But wait till you're there before you buy one cause you might not need it.

On Knott's website it shows GhostRider is closed now until the 26th and supposed to reopen on the 27th so that might answer your question.

I would also recommend going to SFMM on the 26th and Knott's on the 27th. SFMM just has a lot more rides and if you aren't doing a flash pass, then I would suggest going on the less busier day. Plus GhostRider is down for maintenance through the 26th and you definitely don't want to miss it. Lastly, Knott's will be open to 11pm on the 27th, so even if the park is really crowded, you should have time to hit all the rides.

Edited by VegasBaby

Awesome, that's great to know! Thanks everyone

May 27th is Memorial day weekend so regardless of where you go it will be a wreck. Perhaps normal (non season passholes) are holding off for SFMM until Justice League opens

May 27th is also opening day for Six Flags Hurricane Harbor season! While in might not impact SFMM but it will impact the parking and going through the metal detectors.

So its pretty clear Justice League won't be ready for Memorial Day weekend right? I wonder if they will do a gold pass preview like they did for Twisted Colossus. It was fun I got to ride the ride with minimal lines all day.

I took a few rides on refurb'd Apocalypse yesterday; it is definitely smoother and a little bit quieter. It still has the normal roughness you'd expect from a wooden coaster, but it's not a headache-inducer like it was before.

To make it better, the park was a ghost town yesterday, so I had the train to myself 2 out of my 3 rides. Head down to the park and give it a try, if you get a chance.

May 27th is also opening day for Six Flags Hurricane Harbor season! While in might not impact SFMM but it will impact the parking and going through the metal detectors.

I find it kind of odd that SFMM's water park season starts on the exact same day as Cedar Point's water park season, despite SFMM being in a MUCH warmer climate

I find it kind of odd that SFMM's water park season starts on the exact same day as Cedar Point's water park season, despite SFMM being in a MUCH warmer climate

I would have thought Hurricane Harbor at Magic Mountain would have a longer operating season (obviously not in the winter months)