TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ I believe that's what the park is shooting for. I noticed they were cycling empty trains on Riddler for about an hour a couple of weeks ago, but they don't seem to have started repainting it yet.

Some of the new restaurants are open, but the rest of the area is still fenced off. (Honestly, I'm more excited about the new beer garden than JLBFM, but I am excited for JL nonetheless.)

4:35 pm Cali time just got home from SFMM and I thought Monday was a ghost town today Tuesday the 18th is dbl dbl ghost town.

Place is EMPTY!!!

Correct Apoc was not seen running today. Lite mist of showers around 10-11:30 but really non issue and I think i still heard Superman still running.

Sunny now and open until 9pm.

Those still there are getting incredible ride time if they choose to.

Perhaps most are waiting for the BAFF days that are coming up but boy oh boy now is the time to ride your brains out.

I just hope it stays that way for my Friday visit. I did see that Friday is one of those school science days, which I would suspect would bring in some kids, but hopefully not that many. And hopefully they stay busy with the activities, and are not messing up my park entry routine. I like to get in 10-15 rides by noon, and it is fairly easy to do if it is a ghost town!

This weekend is full of cheerleading events, so be prepared...

Also, the original schedule for Apocalypse was to have it open by the end of April which I thought was pretty optimistic, but it does seem that they are pretty far along. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it will be open before Memorial Day and Justice League though.

I was planning on going with some friends to Knott's to check out Sol Spin, but as those plans fell through, I'm planning on spending next Tuesday afternoon at SFMM. I believe they're only open until 6:00 during the week, but with spring break overwith, I don't expect crowds to be too bad.

I wonder if people will avoid the park this weekend since it will be hot as ****

Last year I was at the park on a Saturday during the late June heat wave when it was triple digits. Doubt the heat will reach those levels, but lines were walk-ons for everything except the headlining coasters (Twisted Colossus, X2, Full Throttle, & Tatsu) and the VR New Revolution. Not bad for a Saturday.

I'm looking at going to magic mountain in September probably the 23rd. Whats the easiest way to get there from Anaheim. I'd don't really want to take a tour that leaves at 5:30pm ish . I only have one day at the park and would like to do most of the park and leave a bit later. Would a uber be possible? Also would public transport be better like go half way then get taxi/uber?

I'm looking at going to magic mountain in September probably the 23rd. Whats the easiest way to get there from Anaheim. I'd don't really want to take a tour that leaves at 5:30pm ish . I only have one day at the park and would like to do most of the park and leave a bit later. Would a uber be possible? Also would public transport be better like go half way then get taxi/uber?

Will you have a car? That will honestly be your cheapest and best bet. If not, you can take Metrolink or Amtrak from the Anaheim station (by the stadium) up to LA Union Station. From there, you have 2 options. You can either Uber from there (still probably expensive) or you can transfer to the Metrolink Antelope Valley Line and take that to the Santa Clarita station. From there you can either Uber (pretty cheap) or take Santa Clarita Transit to the park. Operating hours for public transit are very limited, especially on weekends, so you may want to check that out ahead of time as well.

But really your easiest option would be to have a car, get up early and drive I-5 north straight to magic mountain parkway. Without traffic, you can do it in 55 minutes or less.

Can you rent a car?? That honestly probably be your best bet.

We might be able too. Although it just be my brother and I. We are Australian so I do not know how we'd go driving in the states

i'd definitely say get a car, or, a direct ride like an uber. at least that day they are open late for fright fest.

I ended up spending a few hours at SFMM today. The rest of my squad showed up about an hour before I did, and told me the park was packed. By the time I showed up (around 5:00), I saw a LOT of people leaving, making the last few hours of the day much more enjoyable.

This weekend's warm weather seems to have loosened up the rides' wheel bearings, because it seemed like every ride was running faster and smoother than normal. Viper is back to two-train operation, which is good news for those of us who like to marathon that ride. X2 and Tatsu were, surprisingly, only a 20-minute wait.

I skipped Full Throttle, since it seemed to have the longest line in the park, and headed over to ScreamPunk District to finish off the day with Scream and TC. If you haven't ridden front row on Scream, do yourself a favor and give it a try next time. Front row is my favorite row on floorless coasters, and in Scream's case, it seems to be the smoothest row, IMO.

TC's operations were running kind of slow tonight, so we didn't get to race, but HOLY COW, did it fly! Its airtime game was top notch as it whipped through the cycle. Even in a middle row, I was out of my seat for most of the ride.

Viper - 1

X2 - 1

Tatsu - 1

Scream - 1

Twisted Colossus - 1

Helpful Honda Express - 1

We might be able too. Although it just be my brother and I. We are Australian so I do not know how we'd go driving in the states

You can drive and rent a car in California with a valid and current Australian driver's licence. I would suggest renting the car at one of the LAX locations, as they'll be most familiar with Australian documents. Now, if you feel driving on the right would pose difficulties for you, I could understand not wanting to, especially since L.A. traffic can be quite heavy. But legally, California treats foreign driver's licences just like out of state licences. You'll have no more trouble than I did coming from Missouri.

TC's operations were running kind of slow tonight, so we didn't get to race, but HOLY COW, did it fly! Its airtime game was top notch as it whipped through the cycle. Even in a middle row, I was out of my seat for most of the ride.

I felt the same way when I visited the park two weeks ago. I've ridden TC a ton since it opened and it does seem faster now to me as well. It just flies through the course and the airtime is even more amazing than when it opened. I don't know if it's a matter of the ride being fully broken in now or what, but it definitely seemed to be running faster to me.

I felt the same way when I visited the park two weeks ago. I've ridden TC a ton since it opened and it does seem faster now to me as well. It just flies through the course and the airtime is even more amazing than when it opened. I don't know if it's a matter of the ride being fully broken in now or what, but it definitely seemed to be running faster to me.

I just rode it for the first time last summer, and I've ridden it a bunch since then. It seemed kind of sluggish during the winter, but that sure wasn't the case last weekend. I'm not sure what contributed to that, but I hope it stays like that all summer.

On another topic, the park pressure-washed Riddler's Revenge last week in preparation for the repaint, and Wood Coaster Developments posted on their FB page that the retrack of Apocalypse is complete. I expect to see Apocalypse open sometime in the next couple of weeks, unless the park purposely delays it for some reason.

I had thought Tuesday the 25th was windy..... but it didn't hold a candle to today Thursday the 27th on the wind level.

It was fun when you had ride opps allow you stay on if nobody was waiting to fill that seat. Had some rides of 3,4 and 5 without getting off.

It was nice for me to have a afternoon off to take in some rides and i need to get in the park more often.

Did i mention how crazy windy it was today..... UNBELIEVABLE.

In light of the rumors about the Viper being possibly tore down, I'm looking at visiting the park again either the week of June 4-10 or on September 21. When would be better to attend in attempting to have shorter ride lines? Do when know if any of their coasters are scheduled to be down during either of these time frames (particularly X2, Viper, Ninja, Twisted Colossus, or Full Throttle)?

AFAIK, everything should be open in those time frames... although if the park is, indeed, removing Viper, I would imagine they'll close the ride and begin demolition in late August/early September, so if Viper is your main reason for visiting the park, I would suggest going earlier than that. Viper nearly always has a short line, so you shouldn't have a problem with that, unless the park DOES announce Viper's closure and a tsunami of enthusiasts comes in for one last ride. Same with Ninja.

X2 and Full Throttle usually fill up pretty quickly, so I would suggest arriving right when the park opens and going to X2, then Full Throttle. Twisted Colossus has excellent operations and dispatches trains pretty quickly, so even during the most crowded parts of the day, the wait should be less than an hour.