TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Just out of curiosity how did security show up so fast? That seems like something where you'd have to wait 10 or more minutes for one to even walk by?

And you know what? That gives me an idea. At the MLB Ballpark I attended in the past, there was a sign that said something along the lines of "To report drunk/unruly fans using profanity or ruining your park experience text this number and give us your section number" so people could anonymously report people that were out of line. I think that would be a great thing to have at a park like Magic Mountain that is so big and always seems to have these kinds of issues. Send a text, give a location, and that way security could get to situations in a timely manner.

Usually they seem to just happen to be walking by, so it's hit or miss.

Back in 2008 or 2010 I was walking outside of SFMM (toward the parking lot) and some kid was trying to spit on me from the top of one of the waterslide stairs. I stopped and yelled something at him and he started lipping off to me. As I turned back to continue walking I just happened across an employee (security?) with a walkie talkie and pointed the kid out to him. In just a few minutes he had security headed up the stairs to toss the kid out. I saw the kid trying to hide and move up the stairs; i just yelled back to him to enjoy getting kicked out of the park and went on my way.

So, SFMM security obviously can be very efficient at times, I was pretty impressed.

SFMM has come a long way in the past 15 years, in terms of weeding out the bad apples who migrate toward their park.

My dad worked in Valencia as a paramedic in the '90s, when the park was plagued with gang activity. It was known as Six Stabs Tragic Mountain among local emergency personnel.

SFMM has come a long way in the past 15 years, in terms of weeding out the bad apples who migrate toward their park.

My dad worked in Valencia as a paramedic in the '90s, when the park was plagued with gang activity. It was known as Six Stabs Tragic Mountain among local emergency personnel.

LOL! I haven't heard that in a long time. I working when they had that massive riot form the TLC concert. I was working Revolution and remember lights going out and people screaming, glass breaking and seeing my poor park get looted. Was not a good night! Six Flags in the 90's and early 2000's was HORRIBLE! Security has come a long way. Plus it is nice to see the Sheriff station when you walk up to the gates!

^I worked at the park for one day in 1995. I asked to transfer my internship from SFOT (where I spent the summer). When I got to MM, it was a little disorganized. So I went in the park a few times, got in my car and headed back home to Chicago. Stopping at Parks the whole way home. LA was not a good place for a midwestern gay boy who was completely clueless. But not as clueless as some of the people I met at Magic Mountain.

Turns out it was a force from somewhere else. The moment I got home, I found out my grandpa had died the night before. My ulterior motive for the internship was to get the shoulder bars removed from Revolution. I did my senior Engineering project on that ride. Imagine my joy when they got lapbar trains last year.

Edited by JT325

All - had a quick favor. We're here in California (Visalia to be exact...) for my daughter's gymnastic competition. We have a free day tomorrow and the weather here and in the Sequoia's is horrible tomorrow so we're looking into other options... I'm thinking of heading down to Magic Mountain. It says it is 2 hours away... Do any of you have a promo code or any other tips on how to save $$ on a one-day pass? Typically I do the 6-7 day online pass in advance, but obviously can't do it this time.

Thanks so much for any advice you can provide!

Yeah not quite. I just rode TC and it looked like the third lot was maybe 1/3 full. The wait for FT was about 30 and TC was about 40 - probably the only time I've seen TC be longer than FT. Ops on TC seem a little bit slow today.

Hey I see the WCB is sold out (my fault for waiting and not pulling the trigger earlier then figuring out time off) anyone know if its possible to get on a "wait list" in case people drop out/if anything like that has ever happened?

Otherwise, I may just go out on my own and meet some of ya there, because I plan to get out to CA again this year hell or high water

^ Um, WCB 2017 is not sold out. I don't think tickets have even gone on sale, yet. So where you are getting this information, I have no idea.

The WCB SOLD OUT listing in the TPR-sponsored Events section is for last year's weekend. Not this year's.

^ Um, WCB 2017 is not sold out. I don't think tickets have even gone on sale, yet. So where you are getting this information, I have no idea.

The WCB SOLD OUT listing in the TPR-sponsored Events section is for last year's weekend. Not this year's.

D'oh! My brain really has become a pile of mush (full time work and grad school). Well that's just straight up

In that case, never mind. And I'll see ya guys at the WCB for the first time in years

Anyone see the new map?

I find it interesting there is no season dinning menu logo next to the Twisted Witches (sandwich shop) It was previously on the dinning pass. METRO PARKTM Pub appears to be the name of the beer garden. It too is not offered on the dinning pass. Also the gas station by Riddlers Revenge is on the map. I thought they destroyed it? Also it appears Epic Rides (gift shop exiting Apocalypse) appears to be staying. I was there before apocalypse retrace and they had the gift shop closed.

Anyone see the new map?

I find it interesting there is no season dinning menu logo next to the Twisted Witches (sandwich shop) It was previously on the dinning pass. METRO PARKTM Pub appears to be the name of the beer garden. It too is not offered on the dinning pass. Also the gas station by Riddlers Revenge is on the map. I thought they destroyed it? Also it appears Epic Rides (gift shop exiting Apocalypse) appears to be staying. I was there before apocalypse retrace and they had the gift shop closed.

Twisted Wiches is still listed on the dining pass guide, so either the map or the dining pass guide is incorrect. It looks like the dining pass guide is from last year though as it still lists JB's Smokehouse, which I believe is turning into the Ace of Clubs.

Hi there everyone. I've only got 16 in my count, so looking for any chance possible to increase it, my friends have invited me down to Los Angeles to experience Magic Mountain and Knott's Berry Farm. We're going on Thursday the 13th, and with my friends, here is the schedule. Tell us whether or not it works.

1. X2

2. Viper

3. Tatsu

4. Ninja

5. Apocalypse

6. Riddler's Revenge

7. Gold Rusher

8. Superman Escape from Krypton

9. Green Lantern: First Flight

10. Batman The Ride

11. Lex Luthor Drop of Doom

12. Twisted Colossus

13. Scream

14. Goliath

15-17. Kiddie credits

18. Full Throttle

19. New Revolution

- - - - -

If one of the locals could spot check it, that would be awesome. To remind you again, I'll be visiting in two days. Thanks!

Hi there everyone. I've only got 16 in my count, so looking for any chance possible to increase it, my friends have invited me down to Los Angeles to experience Magic Mountain and Knott's Berry Farm. We're going on Thursday the 13th, and with my friends, here is the schedule. Tell us whether or not it works.

1. X2

2. Viper

3. Tatsu

4. Ninja

5. Apocalypse

6. Riddler's Revenge

7. Gold Rusher

8. Superman Escape from Krypton

9. Green Lantern: First Flight

10. Batman The Ride

11. Lex Luthor Drop of Doom

12. Twisted Colossus

13. Scream

14. Goliath

15-17. Kiddie credits

18. YOLOcoaster

19. New Revolution

If one of the locals could spot check it, that would be awesome. To remind you again, I'll be visiting in two days. Thanks!

Apocalypse and Riddler are currently closed for retracking and painting, so you can take those off the list. I would also skip Green Lantern as that ride sucks and it's not worth wasting the time in line. He's my suggested order:

1. X2

2. Tatsu

3. Superman Escape from Krypton

4. Ninja

5. Gold Rusher

6. Green Lantern: First Flight (only if you really want the credit)

7. Batman The Ride

8. Lex Luthor Drop of Doom

9. Twisted Colossus

10. Scream

11. Goliath

12-14. Kiddie credits

15. YOLOcoaster

16. Viper (never much of a line, should be a walk-on at night)

17. New Revolution (definitely do this last, get in line just before closing time and you will get to ride, otherwise not worth the wait)

^ Quite a few of their coasters also have single rider lines which could help.

I know Green Lantern has one (it could be uncomfortable, but it is unique). Riddler's has a very well hidden one (but it sounds closed). Revolution has a really good one if you don't mind skipping VR and it's kind of hidden like Riddler's. I think Viper has one too. A few other coasters may, but those are the four I know of.

^ Quite a few of their coasters also have single rider lines which could help.

I know Green Lantern has one (it could be uncomfortable, but it is unique). Riddler's has a very well hidden one (but it sounds closed). Revolution has a really good one if you don't mind skipping VR and it's kind of hidden like Riddler's. I think Viper has one too. A few other coasters may, but those are the four I know of.

Revolution's single rider line is a thing of the past. They closed it sometime last summer.

I'm a believer that every roller coaster should have a properly-executed single rider line, especially VR coasters. Or at least a non-VR line of some kind. Or do reserved times like Cedar Point. It's so disappointing that Revolution basically doesn't exist in my eyes because the line is atrocious, and it's a fun little ride.

I'm a believer that every roller coaster should have a properly-executed single rider line, especially VR coasters. Or at least a non-VR line of some kind. Or do reserved times like Cedar Point. It's so disappointing that Revolution basically doesn't exist in my eyes because the line is atrocious, and it's a fun little ride.

Ditto. Revolution has become worse than X2 in terms of long waits and slow dispatches. On days when Goliath, Twisted Colossus, and X2 have 10-20 minute waits, Revolution still has a 60+ minute wait. The only time it's worth the wait is if you get in line right before the park closes, and I have yet to do that.

Yeah, I can't imagine what VR does to lines. It's a travesty if they dont do single rider.