TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Green Lantern would make a great floorless, and so would Riddler's if you ask me. But too many people seem to like Riddler's as is, so I'd be surprised if they changed it any time soon.

Do you think SFMM is going to start marketing Riddler's as "Only stand-up coaster in the West!" now that Vortex is converted to Patriot?

Only if they tried to rebrand it.

SFMM Masters! This East-Coast-coaster-lover has a question for you.

I'm looking to purchase a Gold Flash Pass ($90... kills me everytime I say it) for this Sat 18th, and would love your guidance. Yay or Nay? I know that -

- X2 isn't included, but if you can get in 15 mins early with (your newly purchased) season pass which means you can ride it first

- Riddlers Revenge and Apocalypse are closed - which means pushing folks to the other rides

- Sunday Mar 19 is a bring a friend free day. Does any season pass holder know if Sat 18th is a bring-a-friend-free day?

Would love your seasoned advice whether it's worth purchasing a flash pass or not is worth it on a random Saturday in March.

Thank you!

SFMM Masters! This East-Coast-coaster-lover has a question for you.

I'm looking to purchase a Gold Flash Pass ($90... kills me everytime I say it) for this Sat 18th, and would love your guidance. Yay or Nay? I know that -

- X2 isn't included, but if you can get in 15 mins early with (your newly purchased) season pass which means you can ride it first

- Riddlers Revenge and Apocalypse are closed - which means pushing folks to the other rides

- Sunday Mar 19 is a bring a friend free day. Does any season pass holder know if Sat 18th is a bring-a-friend-free day?

Would love your seasoned advice whether it's worth purchasing a flash pass or not is worth it on a random Saturday in March.

It's pretty much always worth it to purchase a Flash Pass at SFMM. I would get there early and use the gold season pass early entry on the far right. Once in the park, I would head straight left up the hill to X2 and get that out of the way first. Then head back down the hill to get your gold flash pass. Depending on how busy it is, you may want to get a 2nd ride in on X2 before you get your flash pass. Tatsu usually has one of the longest waits in the park, so I would reserve it as soon as you get your flash pass.

Also, March 18 is not a bring a friend free day, only March 19 is BAFF. So I would definitely go on March 18 as the bring a friend free days get crazy crowded.

They will process the gold pass at the turnstile when you go through the gold early entrance. They don't take pics anymore, so you will put your finger on the reader, and they will hand you the pass right there.

They usually open a half hour early, to a barricaded off area. Then, 10 (not 15) minutes before opening, they move the barricade, and you are in.

Keep an eye out when entering if X2 is cycling trains before open. It is always subject to opening later. If that is the case, you might want to hit YOLO or Revolution instead. In my experience, YOLO will run a few before the GP gets in.

Good Luck!

That's a good point, if you don't see X2 testing, then hit up VR Revolution or Yolo first. If you go straight to Yolo during the early entry, you should be able to ride it 2-3 times before the GP gets into the park.

So I just got a pass and it says that weekdays from March 27-April 7 are BAFF.

I just checked websites for a lot of school districts near the park and it seems like they all have their spring break from April 3-7. So if I were to go on Monday the 27th, how crowded do you guys think it'll be?

I just checked websites for a lot of school districts near the park and it seems like they all have their spring break from April 3-7. So if I were to go on Monday the 27th, how crowded do you guys think it'll be?

I went a few years ago for a day and we went to the park an hour before closing on Sunday (I think it was towards the end of their spring break) and the place was mobbed. X2's line was to the entrance and Tatsu was about an hour, we went on Tatsu and left. The next day the place was deserted, walk ons on everything, re-rides on X2, it was amazing. If 3/27 is a BAFF day it might be a little crowded, but probably not as bad as spring break.

I went a few years ago for a day and we went to the park an hour before closing on Sunday (I think it was towards the end of their spring break) and the place was mobbed. X2's line was to the entrance and Tatsu was about an hour, we went on Tatsu and left. The next day the place was deserted, walk ons on everything, re-rides on X2, it was amazing. If 3/27 is a BAFF day it might be a little crowded, but probably not as bad as spring break.

3/27 BAFF shouldn't be bad as many passholders will probably be working that day and not in the park

3/27 BAFF shouldn't be bad as many passholders will probably be working that day and not in the park

Cool! Also, I have a friend who bought my pass (along with 3 others) through a special. It was if you buy 4 passes together you get a discount. None of us have gone to process them yet. Do all four of us have to go together? Or can we go individually? Or does at least the person who bought them have to be there? Just curious because I might want to go that day but I'm not sure if any of them can go.

Is there any chance at all that Apocalypse will be open for the 19th? The coaster is kinda low on my priority list here but other than El Toro this will be the only "good" wooden coaster I have been on. I have never been on a GCI too so that would be nice to try one.

from the newest pics of construction i'd say that's a huge dream for it to be open in a few days.

I used the app to check the lines today, never seen a park with that kind of lines other than universal studios Florida once! Is a 2 hours plus line for a couple rides regular at this park? Heading there tomorrow with the platinum pass.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I used the app to check the lines today, never seen a park with that kind of lines other than universal studios Florida once! Is a 2 hours plus line for a couple rides regular at this park? Heading there tomorrow with the platinum pass.

I completely avoid SFMM during Spring Break(s). It's a total zoo and not even worth visiting unless you have Flash Pass (good thing you're getting one). The lines suck during late March / early April.

Tomorrow Sunday the parking lot will open at 8:30 am. Crowds are expected big time so keep your elbows up.

Is a 2 hours plus line for a couple rides regular at this park? Heading there tomorrow with the platinum pass.

It is right now because of Spring Break — probably one of the busiest weekends of the whole year. Over the past few years, a 2hr line would be an anomaly on any day. But since they've basically made season passes the same price as tickets, the place is jam packed often. The app is rarely right, but I'm guessing some lines will go beyond the 2hr time tomorrow.

How do you check lines in the Six Flags app? I have a Gold pass but I couldn't get them to work even in park at SFDK...

I thought you had to be in the park, but maybe not anymore? Last few times I was there, the app times were way off though.

How do you check lines in the Six Flags app? I have a Gold pass but I couldn't get them to work even in park at SFDK...

I thought you had to be in the park, but maybe not anymore? Last few times I was there, the app times were way off though.

Yes you have to be in the park, I used a gps spoof on my android.

Edited by williamj2543

Yes you have to be in the park, I used a gpu spoof on my android.

Question, we are planning to be there about 25 minutes before the park opens today. What ride should we run to first ( we have the flash passes but if we can get in Tatsu or twisted colossus a couple times when the wait is small that wold be treat)

^ Having fun, yet?

Sorry to read the lines are so long, for that much time.

We had a platinum pass so we got everything done (left the park 2 hours ago) but I really would have liked to ride twisted colossus one more time without waiting 2 hours

We had a platinum pass so we got everything done (left the park 2 hours ago) but I really would have liked to ride twisted colossus one more time without waiting 2 hours

Given that most of LA has a season pass now, platinum passes have become the new regular entry fee! The crowds have been insane there as of late.

Given that most of LA has a season pass now, platinum passes have become the new regular entry fee! The crowds have been insane there as of late.

Yea the seasons passes are only a couple dollars more than regular entry so there not really a reason to not get one especially when most live about an an hour away. I also wanted to say how horrible the food system is, six flags could make a lot more money if they had a more efficient food system.

^ Having fun, yet?

Sorry to read the lines are so long, for that much time.

I got in line for Twisted Colossus when the wait time posted was 3 hours yesterday and it was the longest I had ever seen the line for the ride.

The wait only took 1.5 hours, I knew it was super crowded and figured it would be faster than the X2 line and I couldn't stay till close. That line moves fast all the time. 45 minutes inside the que and 45 minutes in the overflow line.