TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Nice to see them doing some work on this "should be" awesome little wooden coaster. When running well, it's the hidden gem of the park.

I could not agree more with this.

Anybody going to the park this weekend? I'm curious what the current status is of Tatsu.

They have had a crane on site all week doing the re-installation of the chain and motor. It should hopefully be up tomorrow but I have no confirmation on that.

The whole ride or just the chain/motor back on the lift hill? I am going on the 19th for the first time (and probably only time in the next couple years as I live quite far away)] so I really hope one of their top rides is up!

Hey coasterbill how bout stop all the negativity? For real

Tell me why I'm wrong...

(Keep in mind I'm on board with many of the things you mention, I love the park and hate seeing the delapedated state the company has let it become in many ways.)

Hey coasterbill how bout stop all the negativity? For real

Tell me why I'm wrong...

(Keep in mind I'm on board with many of the things you mention, I love the park and hate seeing the delapedated state the company has let it become in many ways.)

According to California Coaster Kings, Riddler's Revenge will be repainted bright green and yellow supports...

Source

Can't say I'm a fan of that color scheme, but I'm happy the ride is receiving a fresh coat of paint regardless.

^ I'm pretty sure the color for Riddler's Revenge looks to be set in stone. From Screamscape:

Some other details uncovered as part of today’s visit, Riddler, as part of the Metropolis makeover, is scheduled to receive some new paint, in the form of yellow supports, and a new shade of green for the track

Personally, I don't like Riddler's paint job, the old one looks A LOT better..

BUT JUST WAIT! Give it about 2-3 years and we'll see more ugliness if they install one of those damn Joker 4-D Free spins with the god awful color scheme.

^ I'm pretty sure the color for Riddler's Revenge looks to be set in stone. From Screamscape:
Some other details uncovered as part of today’s visit, Riddler, as part of the Metropolis makeover, is scheduled to receive some new paint, in the form of yellow supports, and a new shade of green for the track

Personally, I don't like Riddler's paint job, the old one looks A LOT better..

BUT JUST WAIT! Give it about 2-3 years and we'll see more ugliness if they install one of those damn Joker 4-D Free spins with the god awful color scheme.

Since they have a zac spin, do you think they would really put A Joker clone in?? I mean La Ronde has two inverts and SFNE has a boomerang and a GIB, but I don't see the biggest park in the chain Installing two similar rides.

some other news from Screamscape

Some other details uncovered as part of today’s visit:

Riddler, as part of the Metropolis makeover, is scheduled to receive some new paint, in the form of yellow supports, and a new shade of green for the track.

Recent visitors will have noted that the observation tower has been shut down for the past year. Regulations pertaining to the elevators were recently updated, and appropriate measures must be taken to conform to the new laws. The tower is expected to be down for the remainder of 2017.

Apocalypse is getting some much needed attention in the form of a partial retracking. No scheduled reopening date at this time, but work is progressing as quickly as possible to ensure a smoother ride in time for this year’s visitors.

Tatsu’s scheduled refurbishment has been completed, and the popular flying coaster will reopen when the park begins daily operation.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_magic_mountain.htm

Would 3/25 be considered daily operation for Tatsu? Sounds like next weekend it will still be closed if Screamscape is correct which is a bummer for me since I love flyers, have never ridden it, and will be there 3/19.

I feel like "regulations changing" is just the standard excuse for sky tower now...

Also, the plaza area looks pretty plain if the renderings are accurate. Almost like they intend for it to be the overflow queue instead of part of a nice new area.

I feel like "regulations changing" is just the standard excuse for sky tower now...

Also, the plaza area looks pretty plain if the renderings are accurate. Almost like they intend for it to be the overflow queue instead of part of a nice new area.

Is the tower still marked as a ride on the park map?

Since they have a zac spin, do you think they would really put A Joker clone in?? I mean La Ronde has two inverts and SFNE has a boomerang and a GIB, but I don't see the biggest park in the chain Installing two similar rides.

While I think it's unlikely, it isn't impossible given the way Six Flags has been homogenizing its parks. Typically SFMM has been immune to such homogenization, avoiding copy and paste rides like Sky Screamer, Super Loop, Gerstlauer Spinner etc; But now with a new CEO and SF wanting to reduce capex, we could see more copy and paste attractions at MM starting with this year's JL.

SF could easily pack up Green Lantern and move it to GE or SFA and put an S&S 4D in its spot. It'd be a way for SF to essentially get two "new" additions for the price of one and assure a return by putting the S&S at the bigger park. Though a free spin is probably twice the footprint length wise as Green Lantern, they'd find a way to squeeze it in. Or possiblrly put the S&S in Deja Vu's old spot to get some life into the back of the park. This is all hypothetical and I think unlikely to occur.

That being said, I'm probably in the 99th percentile of folks who'd hate to see GL leave. It does hurt at times, but it's such a weird, crazy, intense experience.

Would 3/25 be considered daily operation for Tatsu? Sounds like next weekend it will still be closed if Screamscape is correct which is a bummer for me since I love flyers, have never ridden it, and will be there 3/19.

I'm in the exact same boat as you, planning to be there on the 19th and this will be a big vacation for me, I will rarely get the chance to come here again.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk