TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Just a heads up for anyone coming to the park today, the following rides are closed:

Tatsu

YOLOcoaster

The new revolution

Superman

Riddlers revenge

Apocalypse

I feel like this park declines literally more every time I come here. Embarrassed to have brought my partner here for his first time with half the park closed

It's just that time of year when they do annual maintenance, also construction.

According to different blogs, here are the reasons for two of the ride closures:

Tatsu - lift hill chain replacement

Riddler's Revenge - Repaint with JL construction

Just a heads up for anyone coming to the park today, the following rides are closed:

Tatsu

YOLOcoaster

The new revolution

Superman

Riddlers revenge

Apocalypse

I feel like this park declines literally more every time I come here. Embarrassed to have brought my partner here for his first time with half the park closed

According to different blogs, here are the reasons for two of the ride closures:

People fault MM for everything, even when they're doing required maintenance

I had an awesome time yesterday for visiting the park for the first time. Got on everything at least once thanks to a platinum flash pass. I've got to say, and I've heard negatives about it in the past, but the employees have to be one of the best out of the six flags parks I've visited. Especially the Twisted Colossus crew who tried to get that train out there right on time on every lap. Pretty much the lack of a constant running shuttle and a couple of closed coasters were the only negative, but it gets me to want to go back again.

Tatsu, Apacolypse, Riddler, and Superman were pretty much the only closed coasters. Green Lantern was open and closed all day, but snagged a ride.

20170121_145211.thumb.jpg.073e759d938eba461ddbf5058a067a59.jpg

I really loved this view.

20170121_130741(0).thumb.jpg.ef3d31ca8c1c5a638bfc67df5eff83da.jpg

Loved the park, but only had to spend a few hours at it. Next time I need to stay longer.

Tatsu

YOLOcoaster

The new revolution

Superman

Riddlers revenge

Apocalypse

Damn. Sorry to hear about that. While it is the off-season and some rides are inevitably going to be closed, that's a pretty lengthy list of significant closures. It's a little late for any kind of forewarned advice, but usually what I say to people who haven't been to the park before is "Prepare to be disappointed, and anything beyond that is a successful trip."

So rare for Tatsu, FullThrottle, Revolution, Superman and Riddlers to all be closed at the same time. In fact I can't ever remember all of those big ones being down at the same time. Most especially on a Saturday, it just screws with lines at other rides. I swear this park makes excuses to close rides "next to" new additions just so they don't have to open them or do daily maintenance. "OH this ride is right next to a NEW ride we're putting up? Better shut it down!" Does Riddlers even need a paint job?

I had an awesome time yesterday for visiting the park for the first time. Got on everything at least once thanks to a platinum flash pass. I've got to say, and I've heard negatives about it in the past, but the employees have to be one of the best out of the six flags parks I've visited. Especially the Twisted Colossus crew who tried to get that train out there right on time on every lap. Pretty much the lack of a constant running shuttle and a couple of closed coasters were the only negative, but it gets me to want to go back again.

Tatsu, Apacolypse, Riddler, and Superman were pretty much the only closed coasters. Green Lantern was open and closed all day, but snagged a ride.

If I'm seeing correctly, looks like the roof of the Justice League building is in place. Glad to see them making progress even with all this rain in So Cal

Tatsu

YOLOcoaster

The new revolution

Superman

Riddlers revenge

Apocalypse

People fault MM for everything, even when they're doing required maintenance

Though I wasn't specific, I don't blame the park for scheduled maintenance or for break downs, I do however try to plan my park trips accordingly and do check on ride closures in advance. Since nothing was scheduled, it did not at all appear to me that so many big attractions would be closed.

As far as a new chain lift goes, why is it that other major parks care enough and spend the money to have replacement cables or chains on hand in case of needing replacements? Yet SFMM doesn't do the same troupe of proactive planning? They are reactive and that isn't right. Also, there is no excuse for a dirty park. Not even other six flags are as dirty as Magic Mountain; at least not the other six flags parks I've been to. I've seen what the park used to be, I even worked there back in '09. It has gone down hill and the employees are lazy now. They were standing around chatting with each other and bored. With the exception of twisted colossus and X2. Those two crews were doing great and hustling. Everyone else.... bad, lazy, and en embarrassment compared to what it used to be.

It's clear to me that SFMM gets so much hate now because people saw what it was capable of, where it came from, how it used to be... it's really disappointing how bad it's gotten there, and how quickly it's declined. I don't fault anyone for hating on the park or calling it out on where it's lacking.... which is everywhere.

Last thing to note is that the best part we had of the day was the full throttle bar and grill. Awesome food, awesome service.

Tatsu, Apocalypse, Riddler, and Superman were pretty much the only closed coasters. Green Lantern was open and closed all day, but snagged a ride.

Why is that the majority of people that come visit SFMM from other states or countries enjoy SFMM and have nice things to say about the park yet judgemental superficial hateful waxed eyebrow coaster jerks like cj1990 have nothing but negative things to say about this park it's just so very old tired and annoying really if the park is that bad stop going it's that simple trust they will not miss your little season pass purchase or your entitled spoiled ungrateful attitude at all. Go live in your supposedly golden memories of the park since it's current day form is just noty good enough and never will be it seems. This is just my opinion I apologize if this offends anyone

It's ironic that people expect BGW or CP level quality all while paying $6-7 a month for a membership. It's like buying a Nissan Versa and complaining that the fit and finish isnt Lexus-like. And I'm aware other SF parks might be cleaner and better maintained than MM, but keep in mind MM also more than likely has the most overhead. Being a year round park and being in California; with crazy tax and insurance rates. Their fire insurance alone being located on a hill in Cali must be through the roof

I don't think the uppers at MM sit around a table thinking, "how can we make this park as disgusting as possible?" Theyre given a budget and are required to stay within those constraints.

Do i think MM could improve?? Of course, drastically so! I'm not defending the park's shortcommings. But I'm realistic and go to the park without unrealistic expectations.

I hate to interrupt this beef, but I have a couple of questions about a visit to the park I'm planning to make soon.

I was planning to go to SFMM on Sunday the 29th, which is a bring a friend free day. I've never been to SFMM on a bring a friend free day, and I was wondering if anyone knows how crowded it will get? I've heard some say that the amount of people going to the park will double, but that seems unlikely to me, especially on a late-January Sunday.

I was also wondering how the bring a friend process works? Does my friend just wait in line with me and they let him in when I show them my pass? Or do I have to do something else, like register him in at a ticket booth?

I hate to interrupt this beef, but I have a couple of questions about a visit to the park I'm planning to make soon.

I was planning to go to SFMM on Sunday the 29th, which is a bring a friend free day. I've never been to SFMM on a bring a friend free day, and I was wondering if anyone knows how crowded it will get? I've heard some say that the amount of people going to the park will double, but that seems unlikely to me, especially on a late-January Sunday.

I was also wondering how the bring a friend process works? Does my friend just wait in line with me and they let him in when I show them my pass? Or do I have to do something else, like register him in at a ticket booth?

Once you arrive at the park, have your friend head around to the back of the park. He'll need to go into Gotham City Area via the "Bring a Friend Free Tunnel." To get get into the tunnel you'll have to locate the sewer gate on the outside of the fence behind Batman. Once inside, they will follow the path into the tunnel. Ask the attendant at the end to draw the Bat Symbol on their forehead. Once they have the appropriate symbol drawn on their forehead with a sharpie, head back out of the tunnel, through the sewer, and back out. At that point, head towards the front of the park, through the crowds of people, because it will be crowded, and up to a ticket window. Show them your season pass and they will give you a ticket to scan at the same kiosk you scan you season pass at. Hope this helps.

Once you arrive at the park, have your friend head around to the back of the park. He'll need to go into Gotham City Area via the "Bring a Friend Free Tunnel." To get get into the tunnel you'll have to locate the sewer gate on the outside of the fence behind Batman. Once inside, they will follow the path into the tunnel. Ask the attendant at the end to draw the Bat Symbol on their forehead. Once they have the appropriate symbol drawn on their forehead with a sharpie, head back out of the tunnel, through the sewer, and back out. At that point, head towards the front of the park, through the crowds of people, because it will be crowded, and up to a ticket window. Show them your season pass and they will give you a ticket to scan at the same kiosk you scan you season pass at. Hope this helps.

i know about all the Batman stuff, but i thought you just go to the gate and the attendant just asks, are you bringing anyone in with you? and that was it? that's all i've ever had to do.

Sunday should be a great weather wise day. People were holed up last weekend (21st & 22nd) due to rain so they might want to get out.

Bring a friend that you dont like so much as they might never talk to you again after coming on a BAFF day. Last Feb (2016) they had a BAFF day and the CHP had to close the entrance roads at 1:30 as the crowd was so epic and it took everyone by surprise that the park was at full capacity and nowhere to park any further cars. So will the crowds be double... no they wont.... they will be quintupled.

Just park your car and walk to main turnstiles with your season pass and your guest, and they get in with you at that time.

No restrooms are in the parking lot and they are only at main gate so if you get off the fwy and need a restroom hit up Wendy's as depending on your timing once your off the fwy you just might still be 60 minutes from entering the park.