TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I really love how SFMM has the separate entrance area for Gold Season Passes. They get you scanned in, through security and into the holding area right away.

Right away? You got lucky. Most of us complain on how slow it is with this new technology.

I really love how SFMM has the separate entrance area for Gold Season Passes. They get you scanned in, through security and into the holding area right away.

Right away? You got lucky. Most of us complain on how slow it is with this new technology.

It depends if they are doing the finger scanning or not. If they are, it goes agonizingly slow. If they just scan the pass only, then it goes really quick. I've seen them do both, and without any rhyme or reason. Even on the same morning, some turnstyles would finger scan, and some would just scan the pass. Makes no sense to me.

Kind of off topic, but it's bugging me, so I have to say something about it here lol.

I am still trying to understand why the Flash Pass system is different from one park to the next. SFGAdv allows unlimited rides on all their coasters, yet at SFMM you have to pay extra and they limit use. The day I used FP at SFGAdv Toro was on one train operation yet we could still book unlimited times and ride twice.

So I don't really think it should be different for X2. Or for a coaster like TC. I just think that it should be a streamlined and consistent experience for the price across the chain.

It depends if they are doing the finger scanning or not. If they are, it goes agonizingly slow. If they just scan the pass only, then it goes really quick. I've seen them do both, and without any rhyme or reason. Even on the same morning, some turnstyles would finger scan, and some would just scan the pass. Makes no sense to me.

They did both but it was a quick scan of the card and then you moved up to the finger scanning area and it was quick as well. I probably was lucky do to the park being less busy but there really wasn't even a line on the gold pass said when I got there both days.

Kind of off topic, but it's bugging me, so I have to say something about it here lol.

I am still trying to understand why the Flash Pass system is different from one park to the next. SFGAdv allows unlimited rides on all their coasters, yet at SFMM you have to pay extra and they limit use. The day I used FP at SFGAdv Toro was on one train operation yet we could still book unlimited times and ride twice.

So I don't really think it should be different for X2. Or for a coaster like TC. I just think that it should be a streamlined and consistent experience for the price across the chain.

SFMM seems to be the only park with an upcharge attraction on FP... People obviously pay for it, so more power to them for making money off it...

Yeah this has been on my nerves for awhile. I love flash pass. I use it every park we go to. But the last two years SFMM makes me feel like I'm getting ripped off. I don't mind he high price. It's just so limited now. (Single rides only on some coasters. Etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah this has been on my nerves for awhile. I love flash pass. I use it every park we go to. But the last two years SFMM makes me feel like I'm getting ripped off. I don't mind he high price. It's just so limited now. (Single rides only on some coasters. Etc).

While I may be wrong, I was always under the impression that the determining factor for the extra FP cost was directly related to the fact it was both high demand and low ridership. I remember at least at the time, Goliath at SFGA didn't cost extra, but it was limited to a max of 2 rides, while the rest were unlimited (something we didn't realize until after we tried to get a third ride--so we felt a bit ripped off at that situation).

And I thought SR was primarily only offered on rides that both frequently had open seats, and could easily accommodate a separate queue. I sure other factors, such as ridership demand, also come into play.

went today. nice day. not too crowded. mostly just rode TC a bunch of times and had Twisted Wiches finally for the first time. i got the Italian sandwich and it was great. took some pics of the construction thru the fence. i think in one pic it was bonnie and team checking out the progress.

IMG_6687.thumb.JPG.6d3816c9854fdec49799e6c5d03abaf7.JPG

IMG_6689.thumb.JPG.290eae76e2d490d0d5124dece1f95eb5.JPG

IMG_6690.thumb.JPG.1d127f9f57dc3fbc36bdc76f41bf1938.JPG

IMG_6691.thumb.JPG.73168a7d41d1407e96be28f51649fe2b.JPG

IMG_6694.thumb.JPG.36e062c3b5d5c262a645b8f9088f5777.JPG

IMG_6696.thumb.JPG.2b5500a27cfe05df6f281bb642a73736.JPG

IMG_6697.thumb.JPG.2ed0b13c1df199f9cf719cfde4583cff.JPG

IMG_6700.thumb.JPG.2119abfe1ef36d3ca815da37615c80c5.JPG

IMG_6701.thumb.JPG.3aba924f60b5869fe9323838679f386b.JPG

IMG_6704.thumb.JPG.cb8894696b2fb862922e18186edd062d.JPG

IMG_6705.thumb.JPG.7def833b668bc831fb064d98886cf884.JPG

IMG_6706.thumb.JPG.18f691cc80beb88f73184b8248064e9b.JPG

IMG_6708.thumb.JPG.80bc41dd03890199268ec895b63c1309.JPG

Do you mean you can only book the rides once a day, or you can book it more than once, just not back to back?

Most people aren't going to multiple parks in the chain to notice any difference in how Flash Pass is administered. Different parks with different rides have different needs.

Look at what Disney is doing differently with digital FastPass on both coasts as a perfect example of that.

If I'm understanding correctly you can only book one ride per day on Twisted Colossus , Full Throttle and The New Revolution. You need to pay extra for X2 and you can ride multiple times on SUPERMAN: Escape from Krypton but you don't get to re-ride with Platinum.

Am I getting that right? Personally I think that's kind of lame, but if I were visiting the park I would still pony up the cash for Platinum. It's worth it for those single rides, as well as Jet Stream, Ninja, Lex, Batman and Tatsu. I obviously wouldn't pay extra for X2 because I wouldn't ride X2 because it's a piece of sh*t ride.

If I'm understanding correctly you can only book one ride per day on Twisted Colossus , YOLOcoaster and The New Revolution. You need to pay extra for X2 and you can ride multiple times on SUPERMAN: Escape from Krypton but you don't get to re-ride with Platinum.

Am I getting that right? Personally I think that's kind of lame, but if I were visiting the park I would still pony up the cash for Platinum. It's worth it for those single rides, as well as Jet Stream, Ninja, Lex, Batman and Tatsu. I obviously wouldn't pay extra for X2 because I wouldn't ride X2 because it's a piece of sh*t ride.

I believe Superman you can only ride once per day as well. And it could be only with platinum.

If I'm understanding correctly you can only book one ride per day on Twisted Colossus , YOLOcoaster and The New Revolution. You need to pay extra for X2 and you can ride multiple times on SUPERMAN: Escape from Krypton but you don't get to re-ride with Platinum.

I believe Superman you can only ride once per day as well. And it could be only with platinum.

That is correct, you get one reservation on Superman & Revolution (Platinum only) and one on TC & Yolo (both Gold and Platinum). You can book a single ride on X2 for a $15 fee on Gold & Platinum. It's very frustrating to have these limits on the Flash Passes, especially when other SF parks don't do it. I can kind of understand the reasoning on Yolo and Superman, but there's no reason to limit FPs on high capacity rides like TC.

When I visited SFGrAm last summer, the only FP limits were no double rides on Goliath (I still got 10 rides in with Platinum), and only 2 reservations on Justice League. I would hope to see less FP restrictions at SFMM in the future, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, the VR on Revolution needs to stop period. If they do continue it, it should only be during certain hours like SFGrAm was doing with Demon. It adds nothing to the ride and makes the line completely FUBAR.

I just think that for the price the limitations shouldn't exist with the price. It's very expensive. However, the price becomes worth it when the limitations are lifted. I just can't help but feel it's a rip off.

However, I would purchase the FP at SFGAdv every time I go. That was so worth the extra money to essentially have the run of the park.

I also think that if they are going to ask people to pay an additional $15 for X2... that should grant unlimited rides. I could understand not allowing double rides... but it should really allow for full access.

So this may be random, but we will be at The park Saturday. If anyone's there or also plans to be there shoot me a PM.

Check the weather before you go... It's supposed to rain all weekend.

I've been watching it like a hawk. Only 10% chance today and it won't even be until 6pm. We originally were going to go on Sunday but the weather for Sunday was supposed to be horrible. I'm hoping most people will think it's going to be bad and not go to the park today lol.

Just a heads up for anyone coming to the park today, the following rides are closed:

Tatsu

Full throttle

The new revolution

Superman

Riddlers revenge

Apocalypse

I feel like this park declines literally more every time I come here. Embarrassed to have brought my partner here for his first time with half the park closed