TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

The wife and I are making it to the park on Monday, the 26th. Are there any coasters we should expect to be closed? Also, forecast is calling for showers. I know not to plan for rain this far in advance but just in case, what is the rain policy for the park/individual coasters?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

If there is a drop of rain, Superman will be closed for the rest of the day. YOLOcoaster closes during rain but will reopen once the rain stops. Lex Luther Drop of Doom is also currently closed for scheduled maintenance. Other than that, all attractions (outside of Roaring Rapids and Tidal Wave) should be operating. If it's windy, X2 will be closed.

Thanks a ton guys. My "bucket list" coasters are Tatsu, X2, and Twisted Colossus so knowing that they have a decent chance of all being open makes me happy. I've done Zumanjaro enough to be A-ok with missing out on Luthor.

Great news! They are removing VR from TNR temporarily starting January 2nd! So I'd recommend heading up soon for some faster dispatches.

That is fantastic news! While I'd like to think they've come to their senses, I suspect it's maintenance related. They probably need time to scoop out all the bacteria and chisel the encrusted mucus out of the masks

How are crowds today? I'm planning on swinging by tomorrow and was hoping post-Christmas crowds wouldn't be too awful.

Busier then a witches booty today (12/26)!!!

15 rows into the gravel overflow lot!!!

Guess being a federal holiday and banks also closed and just lots of out of towners.

It was cold as flying fig also!!!

Busiest H.I.P. day by far!!!

Isn't this week supposed to be one of the busiest times of the year for SoCal theme parks in general? A friend wanted to go to Knotts today, but a quick peek at previous years' "Is It Packed?" data suggests it would be an absolute zoo. The fam and I went to Disneyland a couple of years back in the week following xmas, and the park completely sold out around 12pm. You couldn't move at all in Main St. Grim.

^^^ Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm a little sad that Waterfront's not being torn down and rebuilt in the process. I still pity anyone who has to work in those dreadfully old kitchens.

They were somewhat vague about "new food and beverage options" so perhaps those will be demoed later on once the park enters the off season.