TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

With the Premium Dining pass how do you get your souvenier bottle for the free drinks?

I wish they'd just include (small) drinks with a dining pass. Somedays I don't feel like carrying the bottle around or head over randomly and don't have it, so now I just order a kids meal now to wet the whistle. I get it a small drink is $5 a pop, but it's like come onnnnn... It just looks so stupid, to me. "Oh hey heres your dining pass for 2 meals and a snack all year, oh but you don't get a drink, sorry!"

... It's hard to lean one way or another as far as peoples emotions and feelings go, positive or negative, towards the park and the announcements, but I definitely do get where everyone who isn't happy is coming from. I'm thankful for all they have done, because I remember the past 10-15 years and how things were... so hellll yeah I love seeing the additions and changes made, but I do agree or see the point about there being all these renovations but no shade and stuff like that... No matter what, it just seems like they BARELY miss the mark.

I just really want to see something happen with those horrible finger scanners and improve the flow of your experience entering the park from parking to the gate! haha yaaaaaaaaa, anyway

Edited by Eaanderson10

Water is free.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

obviously, and I get water cups, it's just one of those things where it's like.. just add a few more dollars to the dining pass price if needed and include a drink. make it a true "meal". I don't know and it's no biggie, I don't want to whine too much about it.

haha and I love that about the Premature Heart Disease pass description. that cracked me up.

Water is free.

obviously, and I get water cups, it's just one of those things where it's like.. just add a few more dollars to the dining pass price if needed and include a drink. make it a true "meal". I don't know and it's no biggie, I don't want to whine too much about it.

haha and I love that about the Premature Heart Disease pass description. that cracked me up.

Perhaps they're counting on customers buying drinks at full price to counteract the dining pass discount.

Does SFMM have a helicopter landing pad? Asking for a friend.

losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/06/12/child-airlifted-to-hospital-from-magic-mountain-unknown-if-ride-related/

"Alex Galvez, a park visitor, who says he saw a medical helicopter landing yards from the park entrance and knew there was an emergency."

Helicopters must be able to land near the park entrance per this news article. I would think an open grassy field or clearing would work as long as it as free of people. Security probably secures an area closest to where they need the transport and have pilots land there.

Water is free.

Perhaps they're counting on customers buying drinks at full price to counteract the dining pass discount.

Nah they include a souvineer bottle with the dinning plan. Although I have a bad habit of loosing it.

"obviously, and I get water cups, it's just one of those things where it's like.. just add a few more dollars to the dining pass price if needed and include a drink. make it a true "meal". I don't know and it's no biggie, I don't want to whine too much about it."

I was wondering if people would pay $100 to $200 more per year on the pass for lounge access. Build a couple of airport type lounges with AC, couches, Samsung Tabs to sign out and get a free cup of coffee, soft drink, churro and other free snacks from a buffet area. Or $1,000 for a premium pass with meals, lounge access and the best available Flash Pass at the time of your visit possibly with limits to the number of days you can get a Flash Pass.

I was wondering if people would pay $100 to $200 more per year on the pass for lounge access. Build a couple of airport type lounges with AC, couches, Samsung Tabs to sign out and get a free cup of coffee, soft drink, churro and other free snacks from a buffet area. Or $1,000 for a premium pass with meals, lounge access and the best available Flash Pass at the time of your visit possibly with limits to the number of days you can get a Flash Pass.
You can basically get all that right now, you just have to buy them separate.

Gold Season Pass: what is it usually, $120? I'm on a membership so I forget.

Season flash pass is $800. (BTW currently on sale for $399 - that's a hell of a deal!)

Gold Dining Pass: $200

That's only about $1120 for unlimited admission, parking, food, drinks, and flash passes all year.

The Sky Tower normally functions as a pretty nice lounge as it has ice cold air conditioning..too bad it isn't working. There are several places around the park where you can sit down and cool off like the cyber lounge or the YOLOBar. For a super cheap alternative if you arent eating and just want to loiter - the Orient Express is air conditioned.

Good to know! To be honest, when I've ridden these rides in the past, I usually just watch. I'll have to give it more effort next time. I recently rode Den of Lost Thieves at Indiana Beach and that required shooting to animate the props, but the guns really were broken there!

Here are the tips they gave out to us: 1. The further a target is away/the smaller it is, the more points it is worth. 2. Always go for the tokens/coins before enemies, they're worth more. 3. It doesnt matter how many shots you get in on the boss, you want to be the one to land the fatal shot, it's worth a lot more.

Interesting, thanks I will aim for the further enemies now and get coins. Do you still do that even though there are enemies coming right in front of you? Ignore the closest enemy and just shoot the far ones?

The park is opened on a random Wednesday, October 12th from 1030-8. Is there something going on that day, or would this be a good day to go? I took advantage of the Flash Sale and need to find a day to go process my pass. Thanks in advance for your help and knowledge.

It is not random. It is Yom Kippur, and it will most likely be packed.

The park is opened on a random Wednesday, October 12th from 1030-8. Is there something going on that day, or would this be a good day to go? I took advantage of the Flash Sale and need to find a day to go process my pass. Thanks in advance for your help and knowledge.

Yom Kippur is a Jewish holiday and park can get crowded.

Yeah the park never opens on random weekdays during weekend operation. It's always because of some kind of holiday or reason that they expect high demand for people to want to go to the park that day.

X2 and Apocalypse reopened

Wow. I knew X2 was reopening soon but didn't expect Apocalypse. That's good news, I hope to ride it during WCB then since I haven't been able to get a lap on it in about 3 years.

It is not random. It is Yom Kippur, and it will most likely be packed.

Thanks for the info, I'll avoid that day. I'm guessing it's better to go on a Friday in October?