TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm hearing X2 should be open for WCB. It was only supposed to be a 2 or 3 week refurb. And if TPR is advertising ERT on it, it would be kinda rude for the park to have it down just for general maintenance.

From the West Coast Bash page:

EVENT DETAILS AND RIDE AVAILABILITY SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE!

If I hear one person complain that a ride isn't open and try to use the excuse of "Well TPR advertised it" not only will you not be allowed to attend another one of our events ever again but you'll be banned from TPR for life.

Look, I get it that everyone is looking forward to riding stuff, but if one ride being down is going to make or break the day for you, do us all a favor and don't go.

--Robb "So sick of all the complaining." Alvey

I'm not even going to the event and wasn't ever planning to... lol. And I saw that statement as well. I was just saying that if TPR had been advertising it, then at least at the time the event was booked, this schedule maintenance wasn't planning on overlapping with WCB. I know you have no control over it. I wasn't even complaining since the situation doesn't even affect me or apply to me in any way. It just seems like it would be a minor annoyance since the park could've chosen a time that didn't overlap with WCB (and we don't even know if it does yet!). Just an observation.

I hope it's open for you guys though! It's such a fun ride, my third favorite behind TC and FT. And if it's fresh out of maintenance, even better! But if it's not open, there's still so many other attractions that you're really not missing out a whole lot.

^^and in case you didn't notice, I wasn't blaming TPR at all. I was moreso blaming the park. I know TPR has no control over it.

X2 is the only ride that KT has been tall enough for (on multiple trips!), but I have not let her ride. I'm sure there are some scary Chinese death machines that I also wouldn't put her on, but I just feel that for someone so small that ride would beat her up way too much. I hope the ride gets back open for you guys, but I personally don't care for it at all anymore.

Yeah, I'm hoping to ride it just so I can claim (if that) all three of them ridden, in the world.

Woo hoo.

#Bracingformylife

Nice, that's a pretty impressive feat.

I think smaller people like KT riding on the inside are probably OK, but having been beaten senseless on the ride I can certainly understand you keeping her off of that and also Green Lantern since I think she'll be tall enough for that for the first time this year. GL isn't always but can be much rougher than X2 depending on the weight distribution.

I'm hearing X2 should be open for WCB. It was only supposed to be a 2 or 3 week refurb. And if TPR is advertising ERT on it, it would be kinda rude for the park to have it down just for general maintenance.

If I hear one person complain that a ride isn't open and try to use the excuse of "Well TPR advertised it" not only will you not be allowed to attend another one of our events ever again but you'll be banned from TPR for life.

Look, I get it that everyone is looking forward to riding stuff, but if one ride being down is going to make or break the day for you, do us all a favor and don't go.

HAHAHAHA! Robb just laid a smack down on us!

It's true though, if a ride is down then don't let it ruin

the day.

Just have a Churro, a lemon slushy and all will be well!

HAHAHAHA! Robb just laid a smack down on us!

It's true though, if a ride is down then don't let it ruin

the day.

Just have a Churro, a lemon slushy and all will be well!

And put on your headphones and listen to Chicago.-Saturday in the Park.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

The fact that anyone has ever blamed TPR for a ride being closed is ridiculous, but the fact that (based on the wording) this is a frequent complaint is honestly kind of depressing. People are insufferable idiots.

It's also sort of amazing that TPR has stopped doing public trips entirely and people always ask if they'll bring them back but during the one public event that TPR still offers people do their absolute best to guarantee that that never happens by bitching about absolutely everything.

strange, you hate a ride six flags lol. I would never have said

let me guess: millennium force is the best coaster in the world, right?

Sorry, poor wording on my part. Any future issues notwithstanding, Green Lantern will be running for the event if you want to ride it. Me, I'll pass. I do want to try Riddler's Revenge, only because I've never been on a stand up coaster and I'd like to try one. I have heard they're not very good rides, but for me, an experience I haven't had is worth doing.
Most people do consider Riddlers to be the best of the stand up coasters, so it's a good first one. They're dropping like flies around the world though, so get one while you can. I think MM's will probably be around longer than most since people seem to have a higher opinion of it and MM presumably has no interest in another floorless coaster.

Well, that's good news then. I am kind of seeing it as a "do it while you still can" thing. In the last decade, Chang, Iron Wolf, and Mantis have left. Those are the only ones that ever were within a reasonable distance of me, and I never got to ride any of them.

The fact that anyone has ever blamed TPR for a ride being closed is ridiculous, but the fact that (based on the wording) this is a frequent complaint is honestly kind of depressing. People are insufferable idiots.

It's also sort of amazing that TPR has stopped doing public trips entirely and people always ask if they'll bring them back but during the one public event that TPR still offers people do their absolute best to guarantee that that never happens by bitching about absolutely everything.

That has literally nothing to do with anything.

A few things...

First of all, yes. Millennium Force is the best coaster I've ever ridden, followed closely by El Toro, Phoenix, Maverick and Fury 325.

Second of all I really like Magic Mountain, more than most people on this site actually. They happen to have what I consider to be (of the 300 or so I've ridden) the 2 worst coasters that are still in operation in Green Lantern and X2 and I think Riddler's Revenge is awful too but they also have some great rides. Tatsu is probably a top 10 ride for me. Ninja is awesome and incredibly unique. It's a shame about the trees but I'm sure it's still great. When we were there a few years ago Apocalypse was also awesome though I've heard that's changed.

In addition to those coasters they have a pretty stacked lineup. Batman is always awesome, I found Scream to be very enjoyable despite the relentless b**ching, Goliath does absolutely nothing but it's still fun, Superman is cool and Viper is a really fun and underrated Arrow. Most importantly, the last time I was there they didn't have Wicked Cyclone or Full Throttle and Revolution had awful restraints so adding those 3 amazing coasters into the lineup would make Magic Mountain one of my favorite parks in terms of coasters.

... Oh and obviously Jet Stream rules, I actually have a pretty high opinion of this park.

Edited by coasterbill

...Nice, that's a pretty impressive feat.

Not really. I know full well there are lot of TPRers who did these past tours like myself, and already have/had X2 under their belts.

For myself, I rode the first one (Japan) in my mid-50s, and the second one before turning 60 (China)! But not X2.....yet.

So...it's an age thing I guess. (And it is the original of the three, yes?)

...Nice, that's a pretty impressive feat.

Not really. I know full well there are lot of TPRers who did these past tours like myself, and already have/had X2 under their belts.

For myself, I rode the first one (Japan) in my mid-50s, and the second one before turning 60 (China)! But not X2.....yet.

So...it's an age thing I guess. (And it is the original of the three, yes?)

Hey that's still nothing to sneeze at. I don't think very many people who weren't on the TPR tours have done that. I would love to ride Eejanaika and Dinoconda some day, time timing has just never been right for me. Starry Sky Scraper is at the very top of my bucket list so Dinoconda might be the next 4D that I get.

^ I also haven't been to Magic Mountain for over 20 years! Last visit was in 1996. Just before Superman opened, darnit.

They have a Superman ride now? Wow.

^ I also haven't been to Magic Mountain for over 20 years! Last visit was in 1996. Just before Superman opened, darnit.

They have a Superman ride now? Wow.

This just proves my point that despite the fact that it's one of the tallest and fastest coasters in the world absolutely nobody cares that it exists, and after riding it I totally understand why.

X2 is the only ride that KT has been tall enough for (on multiple trips!), but I have not let her ride. I'm sure there are some scary Chinese death machines that I also wouldn't put her on, but I just feel that for someone so small that ride would beat her up way too much. I hope the ride gets back open for you guys, but I personally don't care for it at all anymore.

after what my niece went through when she was barely tall enough back in the day, that's exactly what happens. she'll get thrashed.

Second of all I really like Magic Mountain, more than most people on this site actually. They happen to have what I consider to be (of the 300 or so I've ridden) the 2 worst coasters that are still in operation in Green Lantern and X2 and I think Riddler's Revenge is awful too but they also have some great rides. Tatsu is probably a top 10 ride for me. Ninja is awesome and incredibly unique. It's a shame about the trees but I'm sure it's still great. When we were there a few years ago Apocalypse was also awesome though I've heard that's changed.

In addition to those coasters they have a pretty stacked lineup. Batman is always awesome, I found Scream to be very enjoyable despite the relentless b**ching, Goliath does absolutely nothing but it's still fun, Superman is cool and Viper is a really fun and underrated Arrow. Most importantly, the last time I was there they didn't have Wicked Cyclone or YOLOcoaster and Revolution had awful restraints so adding those 3 amazing coasters into the lineup would make Magic Mountain one of my favorite parks in terms of coasters.

... Oh and obviously Jet Stream rules, I actually have a pretty high opinion of this park.

You like Viper, but think X2 should be torn down.... I just.... I don't even know what to say to that. Viper is borderline unrideable it's so rough, and X2 makes many Top 10 lists. To each their own I suppose

I also never understood why people hate Green Lantern. People simultaneously complain about it being rough but also that it's been neutered. My son and I have always enjoyed it.

Yup. Happens every year. Especially since Ghostrider is often closed during West Coast Bash. I'll have no fewer that about 10 people come up to me during the event and complain to me about the ride being closed or how the event was poorly planned and should have been moved to accommodate the ride being open. Seriously, f**k these people. If a ride being open was so important to you, or is going to ruin your day because it's closed, don't go to the event. Don't bother me about your stupid crap. Actually, just PLEASE don't go to the event.

West Coast Bash is an annual reminder to me why we have stopped doing the tours. Case in point, read what I just had to post in the WCB thread about idiots emailing me asking stupid questions that have already been answered. There was probably at one point where I had more patience for this kind of thing, or maybe it's that people really are getting dumber over the years, probably a combination of the two, but I really just have run out of patience to do stuff like this.

It's bad enough we have to put up with completely moronic posts like this one the forum:

let alone having to deal with some of these people in the flesh.

We have been much happier doing our personal private trips with people that don't annoy us.

West Coast Bash is the last of the "public events" we do (and for how much longer I really do not know) and we have no plans at all to do any more public tours either.

When humanity proves it can be stable again and not feel as though they have to constantly bitch and complain about every little thing, maybe we'll re-consider. But I'm not holding my breath.

/end rant

In addition to those coasters they have a pretty stacked lineup. Batman is always awesome, I found Scream to be very enjoyable despite the relentless b**ching, Goliath does absolutely nothing but it's still fun, Superman is cool and Viper is a really fun and underrated Arrow. Most importantly, the last time I was there they didn't have Wicked Cyclone or YOLOcoaster and Revolution had awful restraints so adding those 3 amazing coasters into the lineup would make Magic Mountain one of my favorite parks in terms of coasters.

You like Viper, but think X2 should be torn down.... I just.... I don't even know what to say to that.

Arrow Loopers are incredibly dependent on height and body type. One person could have an entirely different experience than someone sitting directly next to them. I generally don't experience much headbanging on any of them except (for some reason) Dragon Fire at Canada's Wonderland and Vortex at Kings Island. I thoroughly enjoyed Viper.

Arrow Loopers are incredibly dependent on height and body type. One person could have an entirely different experience than someone sitting directly next to them. I generally don't experience much headbanging on any of them except (for some reason) Dragon Fire at Canada's Wonderland and Vortex at Kings Island. I thoroughly enjoyed Viper.

Front row of the back car. Anyone who ever complains about an Arrow (or even a Vekoma) looper, I tell them to ride that seat. Makes all the difference. I can't tell you why, I just know that Viper goes from being an absolutely horrible ride to actually a LOT of fun in that row!

Front row of the back car. Anyone who ever complains about an Arrow (or even a Vekoma) looper, I tell them to ride that seat. Makes all the difference. I can't tell you why, I just know that Viper goes from being an absolutely horrible ride to actually a LOT of fun in that row!

This sage piece of advice is the only reason I like riding Viper!

You like Viper, but think X2 should be torn down.... I just.... I don't even know what to say to that. Viper is borderline unrideable it's so rough, and X2 makes many Top 10 lists. To each their own I suppose

I also never understood why people hate Green Lantern. People simultaneously complain about it being rough but also that it's been neutered. My son and I have always enjoyed it.

Yeah X2 is still in the "painful, but I'll ride it once per day" category. As of my last visit to the mountain, Viper finally crossed the line into unrideable...but I forgot about the magic arrow seat. I will definitely give it a go in that spot next month and see if it's salvageable. I'm the kind of person that will do anything within reason to make a unpleasant ride better.

Especially since Ghostrider is often closed during West Coast Bash. I'll have no fewer that about 10 people come up to me during the event and complain to me about the ride being closed or how the event was poorly planned and should have been moved to accommodate the ride being open.
All the more reason it should be no surprise. Knotts had always closed it during the same time of the year, if you're going during that time, you should know it's closed. To ask TPR to move the event or the park to change their maintenance schedule is just ridiculous. Besides, the events are tons of fun regardless of what rides are open. I'd still go if ALL the coasters were closed.

We have been much happier doing our personal private trips with people that don't annoy us.

West Coast Bash is the last of the "public events" we do (and for how much longer I really do not know) and we have no plans at all to do any more public tours either.

When humanity proves it can be stable again and not feel as though they have to constantly bitch and complain about every little thing, maybe we'll re-consider. But I'm not holding my breath.

I think you're doing the right thing right now in just hand picking people. I do hope you'll keep doing WCB as long as possible. The majority of us really enjoy it and are grateful for the work you do to put it on.

I literally take stupid and abusive questions for a living, so it doesn't get to me as much anymore. If you ever want someone to just answer/filter stupid questions via email or something, I'd be happy to volunteer to whatever I could to shoulder some of that burden if it helps us keep these great events that we couldn't do without you.

I'll have to try that when my son and I head down there next year

It's three days to the announcement date and not one concrete leak for SFMM. That's kind of shocking IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How have there not been concrete leaks? Granted that is a bit of an oxymoron, but as far as 'leaks' go this year is as good as it gets. There's a full construction site going with survey markers outlining the entire building. There have been surveys sent out affirming all of the current information.

If anything this year has been full of people hoping against hope that what's right in front of them isn't true and inventing other possibilities of what they want it to be. When there's smoke, there's usually a fire.