TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

So I will be home in January and will be bringing my partner with me to come visit. I'm taking him to Disneyland as well as SFMM. I was just curious what the crowds are like the last weekend of January? I still have yet to ride YOLOcoaster and Twisted Colossus. Definitely looking forward to having this experience together for sure.

Watch out for any Bring A Friend Free Days otherwise it will be super light.

^ Ha, I haven't been to SFMM since they poured the foundations for Superman!

EDIT: From what I can make out, I've got about 15 (or less) credits to get there.

Edited by Nrthwnd

I would have liked to get X2 over and done with. Then I could proclaim I've survived (at least) 3 of these things.

The other two are in Japan and China. Green Lantern, I did want to compare to INSANE, in Grona Lund.

Oh well. Another future visit perhaps?

Sorry, poor wording on my part. Any future issues notwithstanding, Green Lantern will be running for the event if you want to ride it. Me, I'll pass. I do want to try Riddler's Revenge, only because I've never been on a stand up coaster and I'd like to try one. I have heard they're not very good rides, but for me, an experience I haven't had is worth doing.

I'm hearing X2 should be open for WCB. It was only supposed to be a 2 or 3 week refurb. And if TPR is advertising ERT on it, it would be kinda rude for the park to have it down just for general maintenance. I wonder what they are even doing? When I was there last week, there wasn't any visible work.

^ Advance notice is real nice. But from my past TPR tour experiences,

don't be too anxious or expecting of anything. Hopefully, it'll all happen.

But if not, it'll still be a great day at the park, with all that ERT on everything else!

^ At my age and health, it's credits first, then enjoyment later.

Fair enough!

^ Advance notice is real nice. But from my past TPR tour experiences,

don't be too anxious or expecting of anything. Hopefully, it'll all happen.

But if not, it'll still be a great day at the park, with all that ERT on everything else!

Yeah, that's kind of how I'm looking at it too. There are certainly rides I'm looking forward to riding, but if they're closed, so be it. That's happened to me enough it's not a huge deal.

I would have liked to get X2 over and done with. Then I could proclaim I've survived (at least) 3 of these things.

The other two are in Japan and China. Green Lantern, I did want to compare to INSANE, in Grona Lund.

Oh well. Another future visit perhaps?

I hope you get a chance to ride X2; it's a very unique credit that only exists in three places in the world, this is the only one in the western hemisphere. The back half of the ride has gotten quite rough, but it's all worth it for that first drop which I still think is the best of any coaster in the world.

If you enjoyed Insane, then you'll like Green Lantern. The main difference is that SFMM sets up Green Lantern to flip less. This sometimes results in boring rides where you dont flip at all, sometimes if you get an off balanced car you can get a great ride, and sometimes you roll snake eyes and get one of the rides that just tries to rip your face off.

Sorry, poor wording on my part. Any future issues notwithstanding, Green Lantern will be running for the event if you want to ride it. Me, I'll pass. I do want to try Riddler's Revenge, only because I've never been on a stand up coaster and I'd like to try one. I have heard they're not very good rides, but for me, an experience I haven't had is worth doing.
Most people do consider Riddlers to be the best of the stand up coasters, so it's a good first one. They're dropping like flies around the world though, so get one while you can. I think MM's will probably be around longer than most since people seem to have a higher opinion of it and MM presumably has no interest in another floorless coaster.

Be prepared. Apocolypse and X2 will more than likely be closed

I haven't heard any specific reason that X2 has been down, so I don't think you can say they will "more than likely" be closed, for all we know it could open tomorrow.

I'm hearing X2 should be open for WCB. It was only supposed to be a 2 or 3 week refurb. And if TPR is advertising ERT on it, it would be kinda rude for the park to have it down just for general maintenance. I wonder what they are even doing? When I was there last week, there wasn't any visible work.
Well its not like they *have* to have it open just because TPR said they would have ERT on it. I would figure that if Robb listed it on the page, then that means that the ride doesn't have scheduled annual maintenance or he would have left it off, but if it's something unscheduled Robb would have no way of predicting that obviously and neither he nor the park should be blamed for that.

^it's scheduled. I rode it the end of the day before it went down and it was running just fine. All the ops at the end of the night said it was going to be down for the next 2-3 weeks for maintenance and that they were all working over at Viper or TNR during the closure. And that was two weeks ago now.

If I were to guess, they are just doing this to keep the cycle count on the trains down that way they can run two trains all the way through Fright Fest. They've been behind on the train maintenance on X2, and it ran one train for 4 months during that year, and the train that ran during that whole time hasn't been in maintenance for almost 18 months now. So they just decided to take the entire ride down for some general maintenance such as cleaning and painting in the station.

Hopefully it will be back open by WCB. I wouldn't bet on Apocalypse being open again by then though. It has been down for about a month now though!

X2 is the only ride that KT has been tall enough for (on multiple trips!), but I have not let her ride. I'm sure there are some scary Chinese death machines that I also wouldn't put her on, but I just feel that for someone so small that ride would beat her up way too much. I hope the ride gets back open for you guys, but I personally don't care for it at all anymore.

X2 is the only ride that KT has been tall enough for (on multiple trips!), but I have not let her ride. I'm sure there are some scary Chinese death machines that I also wouldn't put her on, but I just feel that for someone so small that ride would beat her up way too much. I hope the ride gets back open for you guys, but I personally don't care for it at all anymore.

Yeah, I'm hoping to ride it just so I can claim (if that) all three of them ridden, in the world.

Woo hoo.

#Bracingformylife

I consider X2 to be a terrible ride but I know I'm in the minority. The first drop is awesome but after that the rest of the ride is just a merciless beating and I just sit there wishing it would end. I hate everything about that awful death machine. It's ridiculously rough and always has been and I hate them for doing the X2 conversion because it tricked me to re-ride it 10 years later expecting different results.

If it's closed, you're not missing much.

Edited by coasterbill

I'm hearing X2 should be open for WCB. It was only supposed to be a 2 or 3 week refurb. And if TPR is advertising ERT on it, it would be kinda rude for the park to have it down just for general maintenance.

From the West Coast Bash page:

EVENT DETAILS AND RIDE AVAILABILITY SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE!

If I hear one person complain that a ride isn't open and try to use the excuse of "Well TPR advertised it" not only will you not be allowed to attend another one of our events ever again but you'll be banned from TPR for life.

Look, I get it that everyone is looking forward to riding stuff, but if one ride being down is going to make or break the day for you, do us all a favor and don't go.

--Robb "So sick of all the complaining." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

If I hear one person complain that a ride isn't open and try to use the excuse of "Well TPR advertised it" not only will you not be allowed to attend another one of our events ever again but you'll be banned from TPR for life.

The fact that anyone has ever blamed TPR for a ride being closed is ridiculous, but the fact that (based on the wording) this is a frequent complaint is honestly kind of depressing. People are insufferable idiots.

It's also sort of amazing that TPR has stopped doing public trips entirely and people always ask if they'll bring them back but during the one public event that TPR still offers people do their absolute best to guarantee that that never happens by bitching about absolutely everything.

I just hope FreeFall is open during WCB or I am holding TPR accountable. Also looking forward to ERT the Metro.

On another note SFMM was featured as the start of The Food Truck Race last night.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk